PDA

View Full Version : Introduce a First Person Element to AC Gameplay?

crash3
04-14-2011, 08:08 AM
as a big AC fan i have always wondered what it would be like to experience the game from the assassins perspective, in terms of climbing huge buildings the excitement of not falling off really tall buildings, and survivng combat by the edge of a sword it would look more dangerous/exciting

ACB had a few first person options like the tactical views on the tank and the flying machine but we couldnt see first person, playing as the raw assassin.

maybe for singleplayer there could be an option to play in third or first person at any time we like

SteelCity999
04-14-2011, 10:38 AM
I think MP would benefit from this. Limited field of vision and not being able see over the people in front of you.....that would be very fun.

ChaosxNetwork
04-14-2011, 10:45 AM
Single Player: Please no, I see your points don't get me wrong, but that is not what Assassin's Creed is and how it feels. It would be weird and too different from the rest of the series. it would be harder to program, harder to play and would take away the point in clothing styles and colour(I am spelling that right Mr Internet/Computer it is my language and it is right!) which many people love.

Multi-player: Couldn't care less ;D

Rawbbeh
04-14-2011, 12:47 PM
It wouldn't work if there was an option to have FPV. Then people would complain, "WELL UR A N00B 4 NOT USING FPV." and then more complaining "WTF. IM USING FPV. SCRUB. GFG. GTFO." crap like that. You know? And, plus... If I wanted to play a FPS Assassin's Creed game, I'd grab the Assassin's glove Skin for my Spy in Team Fortress 2 and go at it.. :\.. It's more than fine without any FPS action. It works really well. Just like Metal Gear did. Imagine playing that in FPV. Couldn't find the bosses (especially on Shadow Moses), controls wouldn't work.. Couldn't see how well you were hiding, et cetera. And imagine Free Running in FPV?.. Holy crap. That would suck, so hard.

ThaWhistle
04-14-2011, 01:50 PM
terrible idea.

crash3
04-14-2011, 01:56 PM
k well everyone just cool down a sec, i was just suggesting it as an option not to enforce it on the game- thought it would be cool as it makes the cities feel so much bigger and the guards appear a lot more dangerous and anyway who cares if someone calls them a NOOB? its only a game after all..

Ass4ssin8me
04-14-2011, 02:28 PM
You could play Mirrors Edge (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Mirrors+Edge)?

Rawbbeh
04-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by crash3:
k well everyone just cool down a sec, i was just suggesting it as an option not to enforce it on the game- thought it would be cool as it makes the cities feel so much bigger and the guards appear a lot more dangerous and anyway who cares if someone calls them a NOOB? its only a game after all..

Everyone's cool, and you posted it as a suggestion so we gave you our ideas. And a lot of people care if they're called noobs. Then they go on their livejournal and blog about it. It would make the cities bigger, yes, but I'd say they're already pretty huge. The guards would be more dangerous, of course, but that's because you can't see them. Take the combat system of Mirror's Edge. Sucked. A lot. Atleast, for me... And Faith couldn't grab ANYTHING, for crap. Ever. Not while doing her Free Running, or while doing combat. But if you want to play an Assassin's Creed FPS, yeah.. Mirror's Edge does seem like a viable option. The games are similiar, in some aspects. Although, I played through Mirror's Edge once, and completely regretted buying it. Good game, just bad... everything.

Googolplex_5
04-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Crash3, you have a valid point. While, I personally would probably not use the FPV feature, I would certainly try it (it could be fun for free-running). And some people out there would like to try it as well. Some may even prefer it. It may need some kind of detection system (I.E. for when you are fighting and have guards surrounding you). But it could be done. It could be "optional", and some people might really like it. And if not, don't use it.

mulli-ra
04-15-2011, 02:30 AM
Thats one of the stupidest idea. How will you jump from one ledge to another one if u cant see where u are landing. AC is perfect right now and plz developers don't bring up this idea. I think there is an option to change views in ACB.

Googolplex_5
04-15-2011, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by mulli-ra:
Thats one of the stupidest idea. How will you jump from one ledge to another one if u cant see where u are landing. AC is perfect right now and plz developers don't bring up this idea. I think there is an option to change views in ACB.

It's called an option for a reason dude. I.E. it's Optional.

If you don't like cream and sugar in your coffee... don't put it in!

Options sure do make life swell!

crash3
04-15-2011, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Googolplex_5:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mulli-ra:

It's called an option for a reason dude. I.E. it's Optional.

If you don't like cream and sugar in your coffee... don't put it in!

Options sure do make life swell! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THANKYOU!

solidsam.cro
04-15-2011, 04:46 AM
3 words:

PLEASE
GOD
NO!

Ass4ssin8me
04-15-2011, 05:16 AM
Why not? Are people not reading? Do you need a dictionary so you can look up the word Option?

Obviously, if ever this somehow made it into a game, they would focus it on third - person. If you REALLY wanted to, then sure use first person, however struggle with the controls.

Also why does everyone assume that all suggestions made are going to drastically change the Devs minds and the games? It is just a suggestion, noo need to worry....

the_atm
04-15-2011, 01:56 PM
no... that would be dumb, look at miriors edge, that sucked, i think it would be dumb sorry, it would be hard to climb, hard to counter. that's just not going to fly i dont think

Ass4ssin8me
04-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Mirrors Edge is a good, and fun game. At first it is hard to grab things but after a while, and with practice... Its EASY. And quite fun. Also the free running would be simple in AC. After all, all you need to do is hold Trgger and A.

crash3
04-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
Mirrors Edge is a good, and fun game. At first it is hard to grab things but after a while, and with practice... Its EASY. And quite fun. Also the free running would be simple in AC. After all, all you need to do is hold Trgger and A.

exactly everything would be same controls-you would soon get the hang of it-it wouldnt be that much harder