PDA

View Full Version : *** Adding more Crewmembers ?? anyone know how? ***

Delfin1941
10-23-2009, 12:23 PM
I was wondering if one knows how to edit the configuration files in the game, to allow me to add more crewmembers on the boats, then the max allowed.
For example the Type IXD2 carried up to 68-69 crew, and the max allowed in game is less than that.

U-864 for example went down with 73 men.
If anyone knows what files to edit, please help

many thanks

Delfin1941
10-23-2009, 12:23 PM
I was wondering if one knows how to edit the configuration files in the game, to allow me to add more crewmembers on the boats, then the max allowed.
For example the Type IXD2 carried up to 68-69 crew, and the max allowed in game is less than that.

U-864 for example went down with 73 men.
If anyone knows what files to edit, please help

many thanks

tuddley3
11-03-2009, 03:42 AM
I think that would be impossible due to the limitations of the Crew Management Screen/Barracks(File Cabinet). Then if you use SH3 Cmdr, it may become incompatible.

socko2009
11-03-2009, 08:06 AM
When I first “remodeled” the Ruptured Duck, I added crew. (…..You know how it is; ,,,,They tend to disappear during the course of a cruise!) This was a couple of years ago, …..and my memory of the modification is a little fuzzy; ……..But I think this was how it went.

Fire up Windows "Notepad" and go into your "BASIC.CFG" file (Found in C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Cfg) and look for a block of code that looks like this:

[SUBMARINE0]
NrMinOff=2
NrMaxOff=4
NrMinPO=5
NrMaxPO=9
NrMinSeamen=10
NrMaxSeamen=14
NbVersion=2
Version0=0 ; IIA
Name0=IIA
Month0=7
Year0=1939
Version1=1 ; IID
Name1=IID
Month1=7
Year1=1939
DaysSpentInBase=28

The block above refers to the TypeII boats. There is one of these blocks for each boat type, and you have to find the one for the particular boat you are sailing.

This portion of the block controls the maximum and minimum number of officers (Off), petty officers (Po), and Seamen:

NrMinOff=2
NrMaxOff=4
NrMinPO=5
NrMaxPO=9
NrMinSeamen=10
NrMaxSeamen=14

Just edit the appropriate "NrMax" number and save the file.

You will probably need to start a new career for the change to take effect, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I don't have SH3 loaded on this machine, ...so I can't test this; .....But unless my memory is completely shot, that's all you have to do.

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/sockmeister/Sockodiscussescrewmods.jpg

AtlantikEel
11-04-2009, 06:11 PM
U864 was a Type IXD2 boat, normal crew 55 - 63 men ... I suppose it may possibly have had ten extra aboard for training purposes.

From u-boat.net:
Sunk 9 Feb, 1945 in the North Sea west of Bergen, Norway, in position 60.46N, 04.35E, by torpedo from the British submarine HMS Venturer. 73 dead (all hands lost).
This is the only known incident in all of naval warfare in which one submarine sinks another while both are submerged.