PDA

View Full Version : replay missions overrated

goldenarm009
02-20-2010, 02:01 AM
Dude is it really that necessary to replay missions. I mean my god all i hear is people <span class="ev_code_RED">edit</span> about not being able to replay missions. The way the game is structured, the missions are linear and I personally don/t have a problem with that at all. Am i the only one?

When you make a game this good, it's hard to find something to <span class="ev_code_RED">edit</span> about, and I personally don't think being able to replay missions is that big of a let down.

If I want to play the missions again, I will play the game again. It's all about storyline for me. Tired of people <span class="ev_code_RED">edit</span> about a near perfect game.

I just really wish UBI takes their time and doesn't try and rush the next AC. I know the economy is rough and stocks are down but it would behoove them so much more to make a polished game for release.

Anybody agree?

I'm on board with UBI after AC2 I am more likely to buy Driver and all their other games because of how good AC2 was.

Please UBI don't rush the next AC. Continue making solid games and we will buy them. Start cranking out to try and meet your quarterly numbers and no one will be happy.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

APHughes
02-20-2010, 02:43 AM
You are obvesouly one of the 29 who just dosent get it. Suppose you are entitled to your opinion no matter how stupid it is. See for yourself what the majority of us think:

Official Petition (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/1001056608/showpollresults/Y)

http://www.thehughesclan.net/Pic2/Results.JPG

M-dahaka
02-20-2010, 02:57 AM
The storyline may be great, but it's not like this is an incommon feature. Almost every game has the ability to replay missions, and it's not THAT hard to code that into the game after all they've done, is it? Also, the animus lets you relive your ancestors memories. What if you missed a bit of that story? Shouldn't the animus allow you to just relive that part of the story?

ltheghost
02-25-2010, 06:49 PM
The Ubisoft Creed.....

Nothing is true...Replay is not permitted.. But its not overrated...especially when EVERY other action game on the market lets you go back and replay the game later...well thats what the good developers do...its call replay value...but if you want to know how it feels...go back and play AC 1...

Randy 355
02-25-2010, 07:50 PM
People want to replay specific missions without having to play the story over every time. The idea would add replay value. I want to see how many different ways I can assassinate a specific target from the story. I want to hear what they said, or find neat details that I have missed. I want to see the cut-scenes again without having to look through a playthrough on youtube.

See, people just don't think they should need to take the time to play a few specific parts. Especially since they can only do it once a playthrough, thanks to the autosave.

A feature such as replaying missions won't stop AC3 from proceeding by ANY MEANS. It's not like they have the entire team (which is huge btw) work on this single feature.

Jack-Reacher
02-25-2010, 09:42 PM
I like to record stylish assassinations now, unfortunately i have to play through the whole game to do it, and if i get another idea on how i could record it some time after doing it, i have to do it again

xellos667
02-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Well, while I can understand why some people want it, personally, if I have to live the story again, you can be certain I will restart from the beginning.

Those giving AC1 as an exemple is perfect...to prove my own point. Yes you can relive previous memories, but I never replay them because all you're seeing is the Altair memories, and you're missing all the present time story, whioh is as important to immerse yourself. So if I want to replay them for the story, I will restart the whole game that's for sure

So we're left with the gameplay reason. And still using AC1 as a reason, if I have to play just to explore everything, I'll always use sequence 6 since everything is unlocked. And then, the story get in the way, to a point I was wishing there could be an option just to free roam, without having to see the beginning speech everytime.

So when it comes to ACII, they gave me this free-roam aspect. When I'm at the end, I can go where I want, with no restriction at all, and no story cutting me in my gameplay.

If I want to relive the story experience, the only way to rightly do so would be indeed to restart the whole game. In AC1, there was maybe a tiny point to restart a precise memory, if you wanted to make a better assassination that does not end up with an a fight with all the guards. It's not the case in AC2.

So yes, I can understand why some of you want it, and it would be great for you if you had it. But as for me, I'm perfectly fine without it, and does not care if they release that or not. If they do, I would only say "Oh great" and never even try it because I would say to myself "what's the point to start in the middle of the story???" The only mission I would replay "maybe" is Sequence 14, to see the ending again, but other than that, I would just restart the game.

Note that this is only my opinion, and while I'm against everyone with it, it's still as good as anyone opinion.

APHughes
02-27-2010, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by xellos667:
Note that this is only my opinion, and while I'm against everyone with it, it's still as good as anyone opinion.

No your opinion is not as good as everyones, its c**p. If you want to relive your story, rplay the game. We want to be able to replay our favourite missions, and replaying ten hours of a game just to play our favourite ten minutes or so is so stupid and puts us off.

adarwinter
02-27-2010, 04:34 AM
on the PC version u cant even have backups of your saves so u can load an older save a replay a part of the story because the game saves on ubisoft's servers.

another lame lame lame DRM limitation. on AC1 i backuped my saves one in a while so i can go back to times before i had upgrades for weapons and such.

i would have wanted a "replay mission feature"

Wonderglue
02-27-2010, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by adarwinter:
on the PC version u cant even have backups of your saves so u can load an older save a replay a part of the story because the game saves on ubisoft's servers.

another lame lame lame DRM limitation. on AC1 i backuped my saves one in a while so i can go back to times before i had upgrades for weapons and such.

i would have wanted a "replay mission feature"

The game saves on your PC,then if you wish,you can upload your saves on their servers,but you don't have to if you don't want to.

MrNussbaum
02-27-2010, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by M-dahaka:
Almost every game has the ability to replay missions

Really? Almost every mission based game I've played recently besides AC1 (Every GTA game, Mass Effect 1 & 2, AC2) doesn't have the ability to replay missions without playing through the entire game.

APHughes
02-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Really? Almost every mission based game I've played recently besides AC1 (Every GTA game, Mass Effect 1 & 2, AC2) doesn't have the ability to replay missions without playing through the entire game.

Thats why GTA games are not as good as Assassains Creed. I loved GTA but I hated having to replay the game for one mission

monkeyuncle8
02-27-2010, 12:07 PM
I don't even see a reason why ubisoft hasn't fixed this yet I mean, I know little about video games, but it is just a matter of declaring a variable true for all the sequences when the game is finished, if i could open up the files I would do it myself

DLTyrus
02-27-2010, 06:00 PM
I don't even see a reason why ubisoft hasn't fixed this yet I mean, I know little about video games, but it is just a matter of declaring a variable true for all the sequences when the game is finished, if i could open up the files I would do it myself

You're right, you know little about video games.

I'm fairly certain that they didn't code the entire functionality of being able to replay specific missions, and then went back through the game code and wrote "replayable = false" in the code for all their missions.
Instead, I'd imagine the code to make missions replayable entirely doesn't exist - from the mechanics of whether you keep weapons that are unlocked later in the story or not, right through to the text on the interface that says "[]: Replay."

If you can code all that, be my guest and go add this feature to the game that most of us want. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Jack-Reacher
02-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Well if they could make it so you could replay assassination contracts ith your new armor and gear i cant see why its so hard to do the same with story missions

IanXO4
02-27-2010, 07:59 PM
heres the kicker: if you finished seq 14 then play the seq 12/13 dlc's, you'll find that you have the weapons, money, armor, health, etc. from when you finished seq 14 - even tho its seq 12 or seq 13. that means the dlc's are already implemented in "replay" mode, just like assassin contracts. ubi is just locking out the feature for general use.

scubadriver
02-28-2010, 06:11 AM
There's no point in taking again all the feathers. It's no fun.
Replay story missions it's a must in order to keep playing. What I see it's that ubisoft don't want us to keep playing. If I'm still enjoying the game why should I want any DLC?

Cornik22
02-28-2010, 07:07 AM
I can't believe what I'm reading. So it's already there, but they locked the feature? WHY?!? It sounds like there is a conspiracy going on or something http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

SquarePolo27
02-28-2010, 12:23 PM
You like the word <span class="ev_code_RED">edit</span> don't you? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If 99% of people want to have that then nothing is gonna stop them. Not even the 1% of chaps.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

Cornik22
02-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I do like the word "edit" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Dunklindonuts
02-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Why would they have replay mission in AC1 but not AC2. It's the kind of corporate profit chasing that really me off.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter</span>

viberunner
03-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Well, "over-rated" is a personal opinion.

Some 99% of players want Replay, some 1% don't.

You have made a topic to tell 99% the world you don't agree with them. I admire your spirit of independence, but I personally absolutely want Replay and am disappointed they are not in there.

Just like 99% of the community.

jasmin-jade
03-01-2010, 11:55 AM
llloooolll at this total pants thread...

i know everyone is entitled to an opinion but this is almost like klu klux clan walking into the bronx and expecting to have a fair say about how rubbish blacks are.

i cant understand why this thread exists..if they patch the game or not it wont even effect these EDIT's..

lionspaw89
03-01-2010, 02:03 PM
I like this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Originally posted by ltheghost:
The Ubisoft Creed.....

Nothing is true...Replay is not permitted.. But its not overrated...especially when EVERY other action game on the market lets you go back and replay the game later...well thats what the good developers do...its call replay value...but if you want to know how it feels...go back and play AC 1...