PDA

View Full Version : Oleg! Please make corrections on Japanese Carriers

Talos2005
01-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Hello, Oleg!
Carrier landing experiences on PF is fantastic. So, please let me ask other requests besides seat positions problems of IJN carrier aircraft I made before.
Those are for IJN Zuikaku CV, IJN Shokaku CV, and IJN Carrier Generic.
All these three IJN carriers modeled in PF have a set of crane to handle aircraft on deck at the aft starboard side. Modeling and its position are more or less OK.
The serious mistake is that this crane should be fell down to the seaside not to make an obstacle to in-coming aircraft to land on deck. (This applies more or less to other masts of IJN carriers.) All masts and cranes should fall down to the horizontal or near horizontal (in case of Kaga‚‚ā¨ôs mast after its island) during takeoff and landing practices.
For example, if you try to land on IJN Carrier Generic in PF, you have to be careful not touch the crane standing on the right hand side of your wing. Otherwise, you crash.
This is not only a nuisance for simmers, but also historically incorrect!!
Please make corrections necessary in your future Patches!!

P.S. As for materials for seat positions or carrier masts and cranes, you should not only rely on ones written in English (published or on the web), but also materials written in Japanese. Much detailed information, in many cases sorry for westerners, only supplied on Japanese publications, e.g. Maru magazine, Maru Mechanic, Ships of the World Magazine, etc. My impression on PF, from the Japanese point of view, is that it is superb as the Combat Sim, but definitely needs a little more care to the historical side of the details to make this Sim much better with other good people in the community.

Kind Regards,

Talos2005
01-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Hello, Oleg!
Carrier landing experiences on PF is fantastic. So, please let me ask other requests besides seat positions problems of IJN carrier aircraft I made before.
Those are for IJN Zuikaku CV, IJN Shokaku CV, and IJN Carrier Generic.
All these three IJN carriers modeled in PF have a set of crane to handle aircraft on deck at the aft starboard side. Modeling and its position are more or less OK.
The serious mistake is that this crane should be fell down to the seaside not to make an obstacle to in-coming aircraft to land on deck. (This applies more or less to other masts of IJN carriers.) All masts and cranes should fall down to the horizontal or near horizontal (in case of Kaga‚‚ā¨ôs mast after its island) during takeoff and landing practices.
For example, if you try to land on IJN Carrier Generic in PF, you have to be careful not touch the crane standing on the right hand side of your wing. Otherwise, you crash.
This is not only a nuisance for simmers, but also historically incorrect!!
Please make corrections necessary in your future Patches!!

P.S. As for materials for seat positions or carrier masts and cranes, you should not only rely on ones written in English (published or on the web), but also materials written in Japanese. Much detailed information, in many cases sorry for westerners, only supplied on Japanese publications, e.g. Maru magazine, Maru Mechanic, Ships of the World Magazine, etc. My impression on PF, from the Japanese point of view, is that it is superb as the Combat Sim, but definitely needs a little more care to the historical side of the details to make this Sim much better with other good people in the community.

Kind Regards,

Athosd
01-13-2005, 05:37 PM
Pacific Fighters has certainly generated a lot of interest from Japanese flight sim fans - I understand many new sources of information have become available to Oleg and Ilya as a result.

Hopefully we'll see the benefits of these new associations soon.

Salute

Athos

TimTam27
01-14-2005, 11:40 PM
I would also like to see a non-camouflage deck for the Shokaku and Zuikaku as they appeared in the early war years. They don't look right for Pearl Harbour/Coral Sea/Santa Cruz engagements.

p1ngu666
01-15-2005, 02:56 AM
yeah its uped my interest in japanease planes http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

dunno where oleg got his data from, but alot of the japanease stuff is wrong to some extent at the moment, or in previous patches http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif