PDA

View Full Version : *MORE* DLC please!!!

FurryMonkeyUK
03-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Hi all.

First of all, sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm new to the forum so wouldn't have seen it previously, and a search turned up 16 pages of not particularly related content.

I just want to know if there are any plans for more DLC for AC2. I've done the game, got all the trophies, killed all the guards 50 times over, and completed all the currently available DLC. Unfortunately, I'm still left GAGGING for more. This is, by far, one of my favourite console games EVER, so I do hope that there's plans for more DLC.

Fingers crossed!!!

MEECROB1970
03-17-2010, 11:36 PM
yeah, the game is top notch. ive played it over & over. i dont think tere will be any more dlc's. we will just have to wait for ac3.

drfathertime
03-17-2010, 11:44 PM
Hi there, welcome to UBI forum!

I for one is quite content with Ezio arc.
TBH, DLC didn't add that much of story as they should've and they were far less polished than rest of the game.

I myself encountered several minor to major bugs in DLC portions, and in term of story didn't really push anything forward in any major way, which is to say, big ol' disappointment.

Besides, I just can't fathom they just had to use the method of "Hey let's swarm the assassins butt with bazillion guards ala Screed 1!" one of many aspects that made Screed 1 something as far as I know, quite boring.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked Screed 2 over all, it's just DLC parts felt like, well for the lack of better word, superfluous.

I feel some things are better left as it is, you know just like prequels to Star Wars to original SW or, like Indy4 to old Indy trilogy.

Besides, maybe we'll see more of Ezio in Screed 3 just like you know who, in that you know part, so you could see where Auditore bloodline came from. (Besides that family tomb that is)

Sabatasso
03-18-2010, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by drfathertime:
Hi there, welcome to UBI forum!

I for one is quite content with Ezio arc.
TBH, DLC didn't add that much of story as they should've and they were far less polished than rest of the game.

I wonder wich part of the game you found "polished" in the first place?
All I see in this game is a big bunch of unpolished potential. The game is decent, but should be so much more. It should be longer, more actions and dialogue. Ezio basically ran back and forth saying "I'll take care of it"
There should have been at least three major events that forced you to choose one way or another, giving replay value and making the story interactive.

I liked the game, but lets be honest... it is simply a 3d Super Mario Bros in a different wrapping. It could easily be changed into the RPG of the century without removing any of the action, reaching a wider audience and gotten better critics than it already got.

drfathertime
03-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Haha you have a point there, it did feel like I was playing some 3D Mario equipped with sharp objects or MUMORPUGER or something from time to time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif in a way big bad assassin errand boy.

But honestly, let's face it, the DLC oozed of unpolished... fingernails.
Compared to that, anything will feel polished.

I for one don't mind the linear storytelling if done relatively well, and I am satisfied with Ezio story arc.

I've played handful of multi ending games, and I really couldn't care less, because the main goal have tendency to get diluted by that.

BTW if you are looking for a "RPG of the century" I think you are looking at wrong place. I for one think you'd better look at games from companies such as Bethesda or BioWare TBH.

Or, just play Deus Ex 1 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Well, ending kinda sucks donkeys balls, but other than that DX1 is one seriously awesome game.