PDA

View Full Version : When did Ezio figure it out?

Bipolar Matt
12-17-2011, 12:52 PM
That someone named "Desmond", who he seems to realize is from a future time, was viewing his life story? Did it finally all click in Altair's Library? He drops a hint at the end of the Da Vinci Disappearance "It is not intended for us." that he knows something is up. I've never read the novels; is there something in there suggesting when Ezio put it all together?

eagleforlife1
12-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by BipolarMatt:
That someone named "Desmond", who he seems to realize is from a future time, was viewing his life story? Did it finally all click in Altair's Library? He drops a hint at the end of the Da Vinci Disappearance "It is not intended for us." that he knows something is up. I've never read the novels; is there something in there suggesting when Ezio put it all together?

Minerva told Ezio that the message she was giving him was meant for Desmond and he was just a conduit. In the Da Vinci Disappearance he knew that the coordinates were for Desmond because he had already seen the same architecture in the Vatican vault. So presumably, he has known since he met Minerva.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Interesting question. I realized this was happening, but didn't necessarily realize the magnitude of it all until I read your thread just now.

LightRey
12-17-2011, 01:24 PM
To an extent he must've realized it. He likely realized Desmond was "from the future", so to speak, but not much more than that.

Millhouse3rd
12-17-2011, 02:41 PM
I keep wondering, how does Minerva know about Desmond? Are Minerva, Juno and Jupiter AIs responsible for maintaining the repository of knowledge hoarded by the first civilization.

rileypoole1234
12-17-2011, 02:57 PM
I thought he figured it out in AC2 when he met Minerva.

SaintPerkele
12-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Wasn't that the revelation for Ezio which gave the game its name?

LightRey
12-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by SaintPerkele:
Wasn't that the revelation for Ezio which gave the game its name?
More the revelation for Desmond.

Minerva's message was The Greeting, Juno's message was The Warning and Jupiter's message was The Revelation.

ProdiGurl
12-17-2011, 03:34 PM
I don't know when who learned what, but it's a huge Revelation that Ezio understands that there's this communication opened up btwn centuries for their cause.

He believed Desmond could hear him at that moment he was speaking.
Pretty awesome.

SixKeys
12-17-2011, 04:51 PM
When he met Minerva at the end of AC2, she told Ezio to be quiet and then directly addressed Desmond. That was a clear sign Desmond was somewhere out there listening. Then in the Da Vinci Disappearance he found the strange symbols with Leonardo and since they were similar to the ones found in Minerva's Vault, he realized they must be meant for Desmond. He also used the Apple to look into the future a few times, it may have shown him threads of how his journey connected to Desmond's. He also got to experience Alta´r's memories in a similar way that Desmond experienced Ezio's and he must have seen a connection there.

ProdiGurl
12-17-2011, 04:53 PM
In the beginning of ACB, Ezio relays that this woman addresses someone called Desmond, but doesn't seem to get the whole picture of what's going on...
He asked, "who is this Desmond?".

So anyway,

Will_Lucky
12-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Altair also has a similar experience to Ezio. He has the keys hidden and seals the Apple claiming they are meant for someone to find but he didn't know who that was.

MaKaVeLiTL
12-17-2011, 05:20 PM
Poor Ezio, he died an old man with many questions. He was used by TWCB then discarded like a condom and given no answers.

Animuses
12-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by MaKaVeLiTL:
He was used by TWCB then discarded like a condom and given no answers. Really?

MaKaVeLiTL
12-17-2011, 05:34 PM
"Wait, I have so many questions"

Minerva? leaves without saying a word.

ProdiGurl
12-17-2011, 05:34 PM
Poor Ezio, he died an old man with many questions. He was used by TWCB then discarded like a condom and given no answers.

I'd say Lucy was the one who got the shortest end of their stick if anybody....
but then again, we'll be learning alot more about all this in AC3 I suspect.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

SolidSage
12-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Yeah he was clued in to the presence of an observer, Desmond at the end of AC2. Which is odd considering it's not actually the past that Desmond is in, but a memory of the past. Presumably, Minerva could foretell the future, knew that Desmond would relive that part and was talking to him even though he wasn't actually there, at the time.
If she WAS talking to him during his animus session, during memory replay I mean, then surely Ezio wouldn't have noticed a thing? So I think it was a message LEFT for Desmond, not a direct conversation.

Anyway after that, Ezio was clued in, but after viewing Altair's memories I think he got a grasp of what the deal was, and that Desmond was probably experiencing something very similar. His awareness and confidence in that scene, to talk to Desmond directly really was a testament to his perception, I love that he figured it out without TOWCB really bothering to help.
Very cool that he got to make direct connection in a way, to kind of know and have a relationship, however brief, with his descendant. Shame Altair didn't know who or what he was passing it all on to.

I'll take this opportunity to say how ballsy I think Ubi have been, killing off 2 main protagonists already, along with several well fleshed out supporting characters. It took other magnificent franchises much longer to dare to try it, and then some of them kind of backed out in the end anyway. (MG for examaple).

Riften
12-17-2011, 07:30 PM
Well, at least he died a happy man near his family in the city he was born.

Unlike Altair who died in a horrible old vault which only really allowed Ezio to see his memory.

CRUDFACE
12-17-2011, 07:55 PM
@SolidSage: http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif EXACTLY! You explained it awesomely. What I thought was weird though, was how Lucy still had allot to contribute...and she had far more character than Desmond http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif . Killing off Yusuf was cool. Not cool like I wanted it to happen, but cool in that it actually had an impact.

Originally posted by Riften:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaKaVeLiTL:

Unlike Altair who died in a horrible old vault which only really allowed Ezio to see his memory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least Altair died in like a second after sitting down.

Bipolar Matt
12-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Yes, Minerva addresses Desmond through Ezio in the Papal Vault at the end of AC2. Ezio clearly does not understand what was going on with Desmond then. At some point between then at the Da Vinci Disappearance, however, he seems to have gained some understanding. That's why he says the numbers in the Pythagorean Temple are not meant for them. And by Revelations, he gets it. I wonder when he actually said to himself affirmatively "There's someone in the future named Desmond who is viewing the events of my life, some how, some way." He has this worked out by the time of finding Altair's Apple, clearly.

Il_Divo
12-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by SolidSage:

I'll take this opportunity to say how ballsy I think Ubi have been, killing off 2 main protagonists already, along with several well fleshed out supporting characters. It took other magnificent franchises much longer to dare to try it, and then some of them kind of backed out in the end anyway. (MG for examaple).

Who was the second one, aside from Lucy?

burtie80
12-17-2011, 10:08 PM
So what exactly were the keys that Altair left for Ezio? They hey were obviously advanced pieces of technology to record his memories but where did Altair get them from? Did he create them after using the apple?

MaKaVeLiTL
12-17-2011, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Riften:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaKaVeLiTL:

Unlike Altair who died in a horrible old vault which only really allowed Ezio to see his memory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Altair was a bitter and emotionless old man, I don't like him and don't think he's a very strong character tbh. It was his own fault why he died alone. Ezio on the other hand actually had a personality.

LordWolv
12-17-2011, 10:50 PM
Altair was a bitter and emotionless old man, I don't like him and don't think he's a very strong character tbh. It was his own fault why he died alone. Ezio on the other hand actually had a personality.
http://pinstripebindi.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/i-said-what.jpg

SolidSage
12-18-2011, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Il_Divo:
Who was the second one, aside from Lucy?

When I wrote it I was thinking Altair and Ezio as the mains, and then Lucy and Uncle Mario.

@All
I guess they really killed Altair off with the start of AC2. I'm tryin to think of any games that have managed to continue their success with multiple different leads...GTA is it right? And they didn't kill anyone off.

I liked Altair's death personally, much like Ezio's, almost choosing their moment, seated, strong, in possesion of their faculties. Both surveying their accomplishments in their last breath, taking stock of their influence of the future.
Great characters. Respectfully handled.

eagleforlife1
12-18-2011, 01:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Riften:

Altair was a bitter and emotionless old man, I don't like him and don't think he's a very strong character tbh. It was his own fault why he died alone. Ezio on the other hand actually had a personality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least somebody agrees with me.

ProdiGurl
12-18-2011, 03:05 AM
I don't know Altair other than ACR's Key memories from Ezio.

He didn't appear bitter to me, it appeared to me that he literally dedicated his entire life to the Order, and was busy creating these keys and installing them to keep them Protected until the right person got hold of them to learn his message.

Also, he had the apple the entire time . . the stuff that apple could show you...
That would mean to me that he probly was busy being enthralled by it over the years.

I don't see Bitterness in his character - regret maybe? And by the way, in his case, he had every right to be bitter [SPOILER] after his son was murdered & told that his father betrayed him before he died & then his wife was stabbed to death right in front of him & he had to flee from the very Order he swore his allegiance to, his Mentor being corrupted & the betrayal by that other old dude [END SPOILER].

That could create bitterness in anyone. I'm not sure why the AC heroes have to be like Superman or something where they get the girl at the end & everyone's got a sparkly smile.
lol
If anyone was bitter it was Ezio - but then he was alot more vibrant & animated & to me he did show more personality (that I could relate to)

GLHS
01-16-2012, 11:26 AM
I don't know Altair other than ACR's Key memories from Ezio.

He didn't appear bitter to me, it appeared to me that he literally dedicated his entire life to the Order, and was busy creating these keys and installing them to keep them Protected until the right person got hold of them to learn his message.

Also, he had the apple the entire time . . the stuff that apple could show you...
That would mean to me that he probly was busy being enthralled by it over the years.

I don't see Bitterness in his character - regret maybe? And by the way, in his case, he had every right to be bitter [SPOILER] after his son was murdered & told that his father betrayed him before he died & then his wife was stabbed to death right in front of him & he had to flee from the very Order he swore his allegiance to, his Mentor being corrupted & the betrayal by that other old dude [END SPOILER].

That could create bitterness in anyone. I'm not sure why the AC heroes have to be like Superman or something where they get the girl at the end & everyone's got a sparkly smile.
lol
If anyone was bitter it was Ezio - but then he was alot more vibrant & animated & to me he did show more personality (that I could relate to)

It's cuz of his attitude in the first game, which I still believe you should play. He's quite arrogant and...well, a **** in the beginning. Then, through his trials, he matures.