PDA

View Full Version : Can't Get On Multiplayer on Internet

DocHolliday1971
06-30-2009, 02:00 PM
When it asks for a username and password I type it in and then it asks for serial# I typed in the cd key from the back cover of the user manual and it is not accepting it. Is there another serial number that I may be overlooking?

FredEx919
06-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Hello Doc,The key on the back of the game manual is the correct key, however what is the error message that you are recieving??

DocHolliday1971
06-30-2009, 03:14 PM
it only says invalid serial number no other error message

Risk1947
06-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Getting the same error. Did you get any help on this DOC?

Ubi_Warder
06-30-2009, 05:02 PM
Make sure you include the hyphens (-) on the serial - also, ensure all sections are full. Name, PW, Serial, Email.

It will not allow you to proceed until all textfields have been filled.

Risk1947
06-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Yep, did all of that and in uppercase. Tells me the serial number is invalid then asks me to input a new serial number.

illspirit
06-30-2009, 05:22 PM
The last thing they are going to do is acknowledge their serials are not working. Lol.

Risk1947
06-30-2009, 05:44 PM
Serial number works to create an online profile but not when connecting to the online lobby.

The-Trauma
06-30-2009, 06:02 PM
Mine is giving me problems too, i am running the PC version and i enter the serial ALL KINDS of different ways but it still says invalid...WTF!?

Risk1947
06-30-2009, 06:17 PM
It would be nice to get a helpful answer from ubi.

renoshook
06-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Having exact same problem here.

I downloaded the game through EB games.

The email I got from them included one key (called "CD-KEY" in the email).

This key worked to install the game, but when I try to make a profile it gives error:

"You must specify valid Serial Number to create Internet Player Profile"

I have all fields filled, hyphens included, key typed in correctly... HELP?!

Jojojamo
06-30-2009, 07:52 PM
I'm having the exact same problem. Bought and downloaded the game from Steam. Decided to stop playing the story mode for a while and give multiplayer a try. Trying to set up my multiplayer login but it won't accept the CD key that Steam gave me for the game. Tried entering it in every way - upper/lower case, with/without hypens for both cases. All text fields filled out properyly, etc. Ubi better fix this ****. I bought this game almost exclusively for the multiplayer.

sleepingcobra
06-30-2009, 11:35 PM
I have the exact same problem as renoshook. In every way. This is not a good thing.

twisterblister
07-01-2009, 01:43 AM
same problem

sleepingcobra
07-01-2009, 01:57 AM
If this many people are having this problem and going out of their way to post about it - this is clearly a major problem.

UBI must fix it immediately.

trimi_dogg
07-01-2009, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by illspirit:
...acknowledge their serials are not working. Lol.
PFFF i think Admin must remove the ability for noobs to post ?U ill****spirit don't post every were you don't know nothing in this world all you know is SPAMMING & act like you don't have a brain or maybe your not acting your realistic but that's you

Joppiehump
07-01-2009, 04:27 AM
Now i'm scared mine aint gonna work, hopefully recieving the game tomorrow with a working key http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

renoshook
07-01-2009, 10:54 AM
Small update:

I called Ubisoft support today about this issue.

The rep told me there is a separate serial for multiplayer play. He also told me that he could not provide me with that serial.

I called EB Games (who I downloaded the game through) and they told me they also could not provide a serial. They said I needed to contact their digital distributor, Trymedia.

The rep could not give me a phone number, but provided the email address supportgs@trymedia.com

I emailed that address with request for a multiplayer serial. The rep at EB said they usually respond within 24 hours.

sleepingcobra
07-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Same happened to me, renoshoock. I'm awaiting the response email.

twisterblister
07-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the e-mail address.
What phone # did you use for Ubisoft?
We need to return these games if they can't get us online.
thanks!

Raide
07-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Hi All,

Currently chasing this up to see what is happening. I will update as soon as I get some solid information on the matter.

Sorry all.

Ajesto
07-01-2009, 12:15 PM
Eh, this is people whining before the actual release, imagine tommorow, when the whole europe gets themself a copy, to find out it was totaly useless.

I expected to get a western cod-ish game, with much bigger and broader multiplayer possibilites, and what did I get? something I cant even connect to the internett lobby with http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif great success!

twisterblister
07-01-2009, 12:54 PM
Eh, it has been released.

Ajesto
07-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Oh, it releases tommorow in Norway! Tommorow on steam aswell!

Koen1975
07-01-2009, 01:04 PM
I could play yesterday and today on the internet. Now I can't get into the internet lobby anymore. What is wrong with this multiplayer component?

Is it possible somebody hacked my account?

Ajesto
07-01-2009, 01:08 PM
na dude, we all got the same problem

Jojojamo
07-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Now it's telling me "You can't connect to internet lobby. You won't be able to play online with this profile." No longer says anything about my "invalid" key.

Ubi gave me the same schpeel about there being 2 keys. Unfortunately, Steam only gives me one. As it never prompted me for a key when I installed, I'm guessing it's the key for multiplayer. Ubi then told me it's Steam's problem. This is, of course, after Steam told me it's Ubi's problem. Apparently, they both mean to say it's my problem.

If any Ubi guys see this post: if I bought the game through Steam, who has the power to help me with this? I need to know with confidence so that either when I call Ubi or email Steam again I can tell them for sure that they need to help me. Enough with this hot potato sh*t, please.

renoshook
07-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Final update for me:

the email address I posted (supportgs@trymedia.com) works - a rep contacted me and provided a serial through email. The serial worked and I could play online. Try this method out if you ordered through EB games!

For the 10 mins I could play multiplayer it was awesome! Good luck to all.

bukowski113
07-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Hey guys, sorry about all this.

If you purchased form EB/Gamestop you should have received your MP key in a separate email so be on the lookout for that.

When i get some more info I'll pass it along.

Wasp46
07-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Same prob here.. i was able to login once but now "you cant play online with this profile" even it is declared as internetprofile at start.

help please

renoshook
07-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Wasp46:
Same prob here.. i was able to login once but now "you cant play online with this profile" even it is declared as internetprofile at start.

help please

I had this issue but it seems to have fixed itself after waiting for a while. I think there are a lot of problems with the "internet lobby".

Archaneus
07-13-2009, 01:28 PM
I played for several days online and then this morning I as having an error with the game locking up at the third splash screen that I finally resolved but in the process I uninstalled the game. Now that I have reinstalled I am getting this error when trying to recover my profile. Unlike everyone else on here who seems to be reporting this issue I bought an actual retail copy of the game and I don't recall a second serial ever being sent to me, I believe I just used the one right off the back of the manual. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Oh, and I also called Ubi support about this and they were completely unhelpful. Eventually it got down to me needing to contact Techland about it and they said I should have gotten an email about my online profile from Techland but I recall no such email.