PDA

View Full Version : Any knowledge on this? Help is appreciated.

danjama
05-21-2005, 11:25 AM
wassup guys. do any of you know anything about the saitek x36 contol system(stick, throttle. Im gettin the sense that thier old, but they still look like a pretty solid stick setup. I really need to know quick as someone on ebay is selling one. Any experience or knowledge of it good or bad is all i need. Thanks guys.

danjama
05-21-2005, 11:25 AM
wassup guys. do any of you know anything about the saitek x36 contol system(stick, throttle. Im gettin the sense that thier old, but they still look like a pretty solid stick setup. I really need to know quick as someone on ebay is selling one. Any experience or knowledge of it good or bad is all i need. Thanks guys.

Wilburnator
05-21-2005, 03:06 PM
I had a USB x36 and I liked it alot. It still works fine, though I use a CH set up now. I would recommend it, as long as it has a USB connector. The only part that isn't so great is the rudder control, which is a rocker on the throttle. I couldn't stand it, so I ended up getting CH pedals.

danjama
05-21-2005, 03:15 PM
phew i thought no1 would reply. cheers mate. it does look like a real nice stick so if nothing better by sunday, will probably have one on the way. thanks again.

Taylortony
05-21-2005, 04:19 PM
If its the USB it should i hope be ok if it is the gameport and you have XP you cannot programme it, it will work with basic functions like throttle and guns, but NOT with a lot of the other stuff as XP will not allow it to use the Key commands from the keyboard......... that is why Saitek dropped it and went to the 45 model Not totally sure about the USB version though, that might work, but the gameport wont properly with xp

looks like the USB will work see www.saitek.com (http://www.saitek.com)

As for the game port this is the blurb from the site

Windows 2000/XP
The X36 Gameport is our oldest product and development ceased on the combo back in 1998, shortly before it was discontinued in production. Development will not be started again on this controller because it would be hampered by the fact that the X36 is unlikely to work on any PC that is powerful enough to comfortably run 2000 or XP due to the keyboard pass-through that it uses. This is the source of the programming ability for the stick and on modern-day faster PC's there is too much information coming through on this connection and the stick gets locked up, thus handicapping the full use of the combo. Therefore under 2000 and XP we will only be supporting our current, USB-connected controllers. Sorry for any inconvenience.

danjama
05-21-2005, 06:47 PM
well i spoke to the seller, said its gameport so ill stick to the saitek evo gold USB that im bidding on. Does any1 know anything on that? is it as good as reviews say?

John_Stag
05-22-2005, 03:24 AM
Nice pic Dan.

It's a Hurricane, BTW.

danjama
05-22-2005, 08:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's a Hurricane, BTW. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah i know but if u dont click it you cant tell lol. Done tell anyone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif