PDA

View Full Version : Do you use blender in Wanted?

lx_Reafer_xl
06-08-2011, 12:48 AM
So yeah.
Recently, I found myself playing Wanted with a couple of pretty high ranked guys, but there was this one newbie (I could tell by the way he was running around).
Anyway, I get him as a target and find him sitting in a blend group. I think to myself "Hey, I can probably sneak up behind him, get into his blend group, and hidden-focus kill him."
However, right as I enter the group, a copy of me suddenly appears, he gets freaked out and drops a smoke, and then runs right into another waiting pursuer.

After this, I decided to try rolling without it for a while.
And honestly? It's not so bad in my opinion.
It's a little more challenging, sure. But it kind of forces you to be more aware of your surroundings.
And it's not like you'll never run into a blend group with a copy of your persona already in it.

So now I'm wondering: What do you guys think?
Do you roll with Blender in Wanted or do you think it's not really needed?

Ripe Claw
06-08-2011, 01:07 AM
I haven't used blender in any mode for 3-4 months.

Crumplecorn
06-08-2011, 01:34 AM
Replacing Blender with Wall Runner is one of the steps on the path to enlightenment.

MrKnox122
06-08-2011, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Crumplecorn:
Replacing Blender with Wall Runner is one of the steps on the path to enlightenment.

Agree Blender for me as Hunter Type of Assassin Blender is a perk that tells the person you looking for get noticed faster.

persiateddy95
06-08-2011, 04:10 AM
I use Overall Cooldowns (ALWAYS! I always use it on all of my profile sets since I got it) and Silent Hunt so that it helps me play Wanted like I do.

Assassinsyk
06-08-2011, 04:22 AM
Been considering the same thing. Not just that I canīt sneak into my targetīs group, but Iīm a red arrow (practically) if I should happen to touch a blend in my approach as well. And criss-crossing to avoid blends arenīt exactly NPC either.

Iīll miss it when being chased, though.

Edit: Canīt decide between Silent hunt or Overall cooldown. Itīs a hard knock life.

EscoBlades
06-08-2011, 04:24 AM
Simple answer....Yes!

Rainie
06-08-2011, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Assassinsyk:
Edit: Canīt decide between Silent hunt or Overall cooldown. Itīs a hard knock life.
if you use your abilities quite a bit then i'd say go for overall coodowns. if you dont really use them then go for silent hunt

cptn_k
06-08-2011, 04:29 AM
Blender only really fools players that don't know how to pick targets out on their own.
It's also a big advert if someone sees you enter a group and another persona change.

I dropped it for the very reasons the OP did, got caught out trying to stealth a target.

Haven't used it for ages.

I go with wall runner and silent hunt in wanted.

Assassinsyk
06-08-2011, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by kriticalraine:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassinsyk:
if you use your abilities quite a bit then i'd say go for overall coodowns. if you dont really use them then go for silent hunt </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point, especially since Iīve traded all my Rapid reloads for Long lasting. And Iīm having a hard enough time getting Discreet as it is.

lynx_1985
06-08-2011, 04:55 AM
I use blender constantly along with overall cooldowns. Blender to me is just too good not to use!

Originally posted by Assassinsyk:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriticalraine:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassinsyk:
if you use your abilities quite a bit then i'd say go for overall coodowns. if you dont really use them then go for silent hunt </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point, especially since Iīve traded all my Rapid reloads for Long lasting. And Iīm having a hard enough time getting Discreet as it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am the same with Discrete, even without silent hunter. I am finding it difficult to get it intentionally with out initializing a chase.

I used to use silent hunt all the time, its good but then I decided to swap it out for overall cooldowns. I have learned to live without silent hunter now and to me overall cooldowns is extremely good especially with RR abilities, (in your case especially as you have gone with LL varieties) it knocks I think 10 secs off? I love it!

EscoBlades
06-08-2011, 04:57 AM
I use Blender. 99% of the time, i don't use it in line of sight of my pursuer. Also, when ducking round a corner into a blend group, if i haven't been locked, it can be a lifesaver.

I use it in conjunction with my abilities, not inspite of them.

swiftavenger212
06-08-2011, 05:24 AM
i use wallrunner/cooldowns just because i tend to use my RR quite a bit, used to use blender. Plus I dont play wanted as much as I used to anymore after assassinate (surprised how many people use blender in this mode).

lynx_1985
06-08-2011, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by swiftavenger212:
i use wallrunner/cooldowns just because i tend to use my RR quite a bit, used to use blender. Plus I dont play wanted as much as I used to anymore after assassinate (surprised how many people use blender in this mode).

ha I know...I think that is down to them using the same set-up as they would in wanted! I do it sometimes, just forget to go to my profile I setup for assassinate!

persiateddy95
06-08-2011, 05:34 AM
Blender in Assassinate just gives you out more easily. Two same characters in a blend group makes it obvious one of them is a player.

Vey03
06-08-2011, 06:18 AM
Yes i use blender. Only thing i don't use it in is Assassinate.

Ritzy-Cat
06-08-2011, 06:36 AM
I used to use blender, but recently I have been testing out other perks like Wall Runner and my average game session is going up. I don't play too stealthy, so by the time my pursuer is nearby they'd already know who I am. If I tried to blend that would get me killed.

WIDOMKR383
06-08-2011, 07:08 AM
I love blender it lets me know exactly where you are http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I run with overall cooldowns and silent hunt but after this mornings games with gautist I might switch out oc for wall runner.

ANTRON77
06-08-2011, 07:33 AM
The only profile set i use blender with is my smoke and mute profile. I only switch to this set when I have a 2k+ lead. If i'm not up by alot i'm always on the move hunting. Wall runner can bail you out of most situations better than blender can anyway imho.

INerien
06-08-2011, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by swiftavenger212:
(surprised how many people use blender in this mode).

I do that all the time, because I get too lazy to edit my profiles before going to assassinate.

machinista
06-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
I use Blender. 99% of the time, i don't use it in line of sight of my pursuer. Also, when ducking round a corner into a blend group, if i haven't been locked, it can be a lifesaver.

I use it in conjunction with my abilities, not inspite of them.

Exactly. I use Blender all the time in Wanted, and believe me, it's saved my life more times and earned me more Lure bonuses than I can remember. If you know when to blend, Blender is a great asset.

BigBalledEagle
06-08-2011, 02:01 PM
I have recently removed Blender from all of my profiles and replaced it with Wall Runner. It is funny how a lot of people think they are perfectly safe because they have used Blender on a stationary group. They are still vulnerable to a line of sight, or maybe their persona is not animated (indicator that it is a real player). For these reasons, Blender loses half of its value and is generally more helpful in walking blend groups.

persiateddy95
06-08-2011, 02:10 PM
No Blender escapes my line of sight.

purrkinator
06-08-2011, 02:15 PM
I use blender constantly in Wanted.

Lately, with multiple pursuers (3 or more), I've been blending, then moving out of the group and standing on the edge of another group. As my pursuer comes into view. I'll step into the next group to activate blend and deactivate the previously blended civilian. To someone who doesn't know disguise makes a sound when activated, it'll look like I trigged a disguise and I can get an easy lure. This leaves me with two unused abilities to deal with pursuer #2 and #3. Pulled this off a few times last night. And all I can say is after not playing AC:B for a couple of months, man I am rusty...

jonthom99
06-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Nope.

IMHO, swap out Blender for either Wall Runner or Silent Hunt, and learn how to play aggressively. That equals much, much higher scores.

SleezeRocker
06-08-2011, 05:22 PM
I think Blender was mostly better in the Beta than on final game (for me). Wall Runner just gives you more flexblity offensive and defensive wise!

LadyGahan2010
06-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by BigBalledEagle:
I have recently removed Blender from all of my profiles and replaced it with Wall Runner. It is funny how a lot of people think they are perfectly safe because they have used Blender on a stationary group. They are still vulnerable to a line of sight, or maybe their persona is not animated (indicator that it is a real player). For these reasons, Blender loses half of its value and is generally more helpful in walking blend groups.

Uhm, the game is glitchy, let's remember. And only last night I remember killing a non moving NPC while the perfectly animated real player was standing next to it.

This is very interesting topic. All very well valid points. I like blender (What @Purrkinator said ^) but I could most possibly live without it. However it saved my "life" many many times.

Kaiyoto
06-08-2011, 05:55 PM
I have been playing wanted with and without blender. Depends on the mood and the opponents.

OMG, never ever use blender in assassinate. It makes no sense. Why would you need to duplicate yourself when no one knows which persona you are? (Unless you give it away, at which point you are half way to owned.)