PDA

View Full Version : logfile.log language question

remaxx
01-22-2006, 01:28 AM
When I view the logfile.log only the English language characters are shown. Characters from other languages (eg. Russian) are shown as many ????? ????? ???.

I am using windows XP and it is set up for Input Language as 'English-US'.
Is there I way the logfile can record other language characters?

remaxx
01-22-2006, 01:28 AM
When I view the logfile.log only the English language characters are shown. Characters from other languages (eg. Russian) are shown as many ????? ????? ???.

I am using windows XP and it is set up for Input Language as 'English-US'.
Is there I way the logfile can record other language characters?

Zeus-cat
01-22-2006, 03:30 PM
I never looked at this file before. Mine looks OK, but I saw no foreign characters. What are you trying to use this file for?

remaxx
01-22-2006, 07:16 PM
All the online chatting is recorded here (amongst other things), eg:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">[8:27:37 PM] Chat: Don: ??????
[8:27:37 PM] Chat: SquarePants: hi
[8:27:38 PM] Chat: Don: ??
[8:27:43 PM] Chat: Skull454: ??????
[8:28:13 PM] Chat: Don: ??? ???? ????????
[8:28:31 PM] Chat: SquarePants: red team
[8:29:11 PM] Chat: Server: Red completed their aaa objectives!
[8:29:11 PM] Chat: Server: Red won the mission! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Now any character set that is not English comes out with lots of ??????, but during the game it displays properly.
Basically I would like a record of all languages spoken (typed).

Tully__
01-22-2006, 09:00 PM
It might work for future mission (don't think it will make the old stuff readable) if you were to add the language in question in Windows. In this game it's most likely Russian, Chinese, Korean or Japanese.

In Windows XP Control Panel select Regional & Language Settings. Select the Languages tab and click details, then on the Text Services and Input Languages tool click the Add button and choose the languages you think you'll need. It may require you to put your Windows disc in or link to the MS website for some downloads.

If it doesn't work you can always remove the unwanted language support later.