PDA

View Full Version : Ta-152H-1

Red-Baron2006
09-17-2006, 12:12 PM
Is there a reason this plane takes forever to get to 10,000m. Its me fav plane to fly but its low speed at low altitude makes it even harder to intercept the high flying b-17s.

VW-IceFire
09-17-2006, 12:17 PM
I haven't noticed it being that hard to get to altitude. A couple of minutes and you're up at 9000m just skimming along. Best not to hold the nose too high or use flaps if thats what your doing because that'll prolonge the process.

Were you using GM-1 above 9000m?

JG52Karaya-X
09-17-2006, 12:40 PM
You have to use the MW50 and GM1 boosts...

Before taking off: Start the engine, reduce power to 0%, hit "w" (to engage the MW50 injection), take off and climb and at about 6500 IIRC the injection should change from MW50 to GM1 (nitrous oxide).

PS: The Methanol-Water (MW50) generally is only effective up to about 6000m, so keep that in mind when flying the Bf109G6AS/10/14/K4, Ta152 and FW190D9late

OMK_Hand
09-17-2006, 01:06 PM
Looks like the Altimeter only registers up to 9,500 meters http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Can't believe I just spent 17:40 minutes finding that out...

Nice one.

Red-Baron2006
09-17-2006, 01:09 PM
I was using takeoff flaps on takeoff. I aslo didint know that the planes in ww2 had boosts exept a supercharger. I did what u said Karaya and i got to 7500m in 10minutes and 10000m in 14minutes.

If someone could tell me the aircraft with boost sytems and what altitude do they work in, I would really appreciate it.

Also where can i get the 4.05m patch. Ive looked everywere and nothing.

OMK_Hand
09-17-2006, 01:13 PM
http://shop.ubi.com/Prod_ExtDesc.asp?catalogid=386&id=97

Looks promising.

Good luck.

EDIT

http://shop.ubi.com/Cat_Browse.asp?id=16&cat=Download

Sorry. This is in English.

Xiolablu3
09-18-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Red-Baron2006:
I was using takeoff flaps on takeoff. I aslo didint know that the planes in ww2 had boosts exept a supercharger. I did what u said Karaya and i got to 7500m in 10minutes and 10000m in 14minutes.

If someone could tell me the aircraft with boost sytems and what altitude do they work in, I would really appreciate it.

Also where can i get the 4.05m patch. Ive looked everywere and nothing.

4.05m patch is the payed Pe2 'Peshka' addon.

Its available to buy in the West online only, as it was only intended for Russian release, but lots of people wanted it over here too. See the UBI site.

As for boost, the Allies boosts you can use at any height/speed/throttle, but for the Germans, the MW50 will kill your engine if you switch it on over 100% throttle. You must engage it UNDER 100% and then throttle back up.

GM1 will nacker your engine at low alts, I forget which it is, around 6000m I think?

But on the Ta152 it switches over automatically so no worries there. The 109E engine with GM1 only will seize if you use the GM1 at low alt.

JG53Frankyboy
09-18-2006, 11:05 AM
check the AEP README in your Game installation folder about the use of the Tank boosts

here it is in german http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

"Hinweise zur Ta-152H-1

Dieses Flugzeug hat zwei Systeme zur Leistungssteigerung des Triebwerks: GM-1 für große Flugh¶hen und MW-50 für niedrige Flugh¶hen.

Das GM-1 sollte nur in H¶hen über 9000 Meter eingesetzt werden
1. Wenn Sie diese H¶he mit ausgeschaltetem MW-50 erreichen, k¶nnen Sie das GM-1 durch Drücken der Taste W (bei Standard-Tastenbelegung) einschalten.
2. Sollten Sie hingegen mit eingeschaltetem MW-50 auf diese H¶he steigen, müssen Sie es mit der Taste W ausschalten und dann noch einmal W drücken, um das GM-1 einzuschalten.
Unterhalb von 9000 Metern steuert die Taste W nur das MW-50.
3. Wenn das GM-1 in großen H¶hen eingeschaltet und unterhalb von 9000 Metern nicht ausgeschaltet wurde, führt dies nicht zwar nicht zu Sch¤den, wie es bei den Triebwerken DB-605 der Fall war, das Aggregat erzeugt dann allerdings auch keine zus¤tzliche Leistung. Dies ist historisch korrekt."

Xiolablu3
09-18-2006, 12:32 PM
Anyone know what GM1 actually is?

I mean how does it boost the engine at high alts?

I understand MW50 is a Methanol Water cooling system yes?

berg417448
09-18-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Xiolablu3:

This may help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_1

cawimmer430
Originally posted by Xiolablu3:

God bless Wikipedia. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

GM-1

GM-1 (G¶ring Mischung 1) was a system for injecting nitrous oxide into aircraft engines that was used by the Luftwaffe in World War II to boost the high-altitude performance of their aircraft. A system for low-altitude boost known as MW 50 was also used, although GM-1 and MW 50 were rarely used on the same engine.

GM-1 was developed in 1940 in order to improve high-altitude performance. It could be used by fighters, destroyers, bombers and reconnaissance aircraft, though its first use was in the Bf 109E/Z fighter. Originally, it was liquified under high pressure and stored in several high-pressure vessels until it was found that low-temperature liquified nitrous oxide gave better performance due to improved charge cooling and also could be stored and handled more conveniently.

GM-1 was typically sprayed in liquid form directly into the supercharger intake from two jets of different bore while at the same time, the fuel flow was increased to take advantage of the additional oxygen from the nitrous oxide. The jets could be operated individually or in combination, yielding three steps of power increase, for example 120/240/360 HP at different GM-1 flow rates (60, 100 and 150 grams/sec). The development of a continuously variable injection system was considered, but apparently it never saw operational use.

Initially intended as standard equipment for the Luftwaffe, in operational service it was found that GM-1 had some drawbacks. The additional weight of the equipment reduced performance on all missions, while the system was only used in the cases where the aircraft went to very high altitudes. GM-1 also became less attractive than originally imagined when in 1943, the previous trend towards ever increasing combat altitudes ended.

While GM-1 saw little use in the second half of the war, the Focke-Wulf Ta 152H, which had been developed as a dedicated high-altitude interceptor, also received a GM-1 system to provide it with superior performance at high altitude. The Ta 152H was one of the few designs to support both GM-1 and MW 50.

MW-50

MW 50 was a 50-50 mixture of methanol and water (thus the name) that was sprayed into the supercharger of German aircraft engines primarily for its anti-detonant effect, allowing the use of increased boost pressures. Secondary effects were cooling of the engine and charge cooling. Higher boost was only effective at altitudes below the full throttle height, where the supercharger could still provide additional boost pressure that was otherwise wasted, while the smaller secondary effects were useful even above that altitude.

MW 50 is something of a misnomer, as it is actually a mixture of three fluids; 50% methanol acting primarily to achieve optimum anti-detonant effect, secondarily as an anti-freeze, 49.5% water, and 0.5% Schutz¶l 39, an oil-based anti-corrosion additive. The similar MW 30 increased the water to 69.5 and decreased methanol to 30%. This increased the cooling performance but made it easier to freeze, intended to be used for lower-altitude missions.

The effect of MW 50 injection could be dramatic. Simply turning on the system allowed the engine to pull in more air due to the charge cooling effect, boosting performance by about 100 hp on the BMW 801. However the MW 50 also allowed the supercharger to be run at much higher boost levels as well, for a combined increase of 500hp. At sea level this allowed the 1,600 hp engine to run at over 2,000 hp. MW 50 was fully effective up to about 6,000 m, above which it added only about 4% extra power, due largely to charge cooling.

Aircraft generally carried enough MW 50 for about 10 minutes of use, allowing them to increase their climb rate for interception missions. Fittings for MW 50 first appeared on the BMW 801D in 1942, but it never went into production for this engine because the cylinder heads developed micro-cracks when MW 50 was used. Instead, the DB 605-engined Messerschmitt Bf 109 was fitted with an MW 50 injection system. Later engines designs all included the fittings as well, notably the Junkers Jumo 213, which relied on it in order to reduce non-boosted performance and tune the supercharger for higher altitudes.

MW 50 was not the only charge cooling system to be used by the Germans. Some engines dedicated to high altitude included an intercooler instead, as they would be needing the cooling for longer periods of time. The 801D also included the ability to spray gasoline into the supercharger, in place of the MW 50, and while this was not as effective it did increase boost without the complexity of the additional tanking and plumbing. Additionally many of the late-war engines also included a system for high-altitude boost, GM 1, which was intended to add oxygen instead of improve boost levels.

luftluuver
nitrous oxide (aka nitro) Xio. You know, that stuff they use in high performance drag racing cars.

Xiolablu3
09-18-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by cawimmer430:
The 801D also included the ability to spray gasoline into the supercharger, in place of the MW 50, and while this was not as effective it did increase boost without the complexity of the additional tanking and plumbing. .

I am thinking this would be 'Erhote Noiseltung' or whatever on the Fw190A's?

If you get a small fuel leak and then use WEP on the Antons, it becomes as one forumite called it 'a fuel sucking pig' which is what lead me to think the above?

p1ngu666
09-18-2006, 03:42 PM
enherte noisetung or whatever was really thirsty, its quiet literaly hosing the fuel in http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

my dad records the drag racing on ch5, think there at 7000hp now http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif