PDA

View Full Version : Is the view "zoomed in"?

danfoz
03-21-2008, 11:21 AM
I played the Vegas 1 MP for HUNDREDS of hours... what a great game. Granted is was not a Rainbow Six game but I loved it in and of itself nontheless. I was so ready to be Vegas 2's official fanboy but alas I cannot in all clear conciounce praise this game. And here's why...

Btw, I've created this new thread for ONE reason, I could see this getting quickly buried in one of the many official bug threads and it might not actually be a bug in the devs eyes.

No one has raised this yet but the game feels "zoomed in" compared with V1. It's very subtle but if any one notices, it feels like a widescreen movie that's been zoomed in to fit a regular screen. This is the same thing the Bioshock players got their panties in a huge twist over when the game was first released. This was of course fixed for Bioshock in a patch.

It's most obvious on Presidio, a map from V1, because there is an objective comparison to be made between the two. The depth perception/perspective feels shrunken or, well, zoomed in... just awful! Another way to notice is while in cover view, the character is very slighly larger than in V1, again appearing a little zoomed in on.

Anyone who thinks this isn't a big deal, go ahead and watch the the next movie you rent zoomed in and see how much is lost.

Who knows maybe I'm crazy and imagining things. And although the game has it's good points, what I'm definitely not imaging is the female faces that are right outta frikkin' planet of the apes.
Anyway, just curious if someone else noticed this?

vbViper57
03-21-2008, 12:13 PM
I had the same sense last night. Not much field of view so I rechecked all my graphic settings but didn't see anything obvious. I thought the exact same thing about it being zoomed in. Everything seems too big.

kennylingus
03-21-2008, 12:21 PM
i actually hope they did this on purpose. it limits the abnormal view you get in the 3rd person view and makes it feel not so cheap

danfoz
03-24-2008, 09:04 AM
Maybe not that many people are noticing this but is there any official word that the perspective ratio is indeed "zoomed"?

PoisonRogue
03-24-2008, 09:34 AM
quite simply you all suck... its obvious the game has major problems which are hopefully getting worked on. however all people do now is pick up on stupid crappy little things like this what the hell is the point i know i didnt notice this or any other tiny apparent bugs you all go on about you just want to moan some more like little children so screw you

LtLucky
03-24-2008, 09:44 AM
Maybe it is a simple adjustment they made to take in account the zoom-out effect they now have put when you run.

i.e. v1: field of view 100% always
v2: field of view 90% normal / 100% running

(as if they couldn't do 110% for example, which would give 100% normal, and 110% running.
??

Knight_of_Bronz
03-24-2008, 11:53 AM
As another person that has hundreds of hours in R6V1 Im the exclaty opisit it feals fine to me. The after death blured vision thing is kinda anowing and all and the female faces are fine or at least not horabley ugly...

Tim_the_Redd
03-24-2008, 01:01 PM
I've only played on a 16" SDTV (on splitscreen too!) so I've only had about a 20* FOV, bt even on that I can say, yeah it does feel somewhay zoomed in. This may be caused by the fact that the entire game is in third person (Technically).

The camera goes from being lodged in the character somewhere (Head) to pulled back, something that to my knowledge is the only explanation. They probably just put the camera in V2 slightly farther ahaid in the character model.

If anyone has a better theory, then please put it forth.

Akedo
03-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by danfoz:
Maybe not that many people are noticing this but is there any official word that the perspective ratio is indeed "zoomed"?

As far as the regular view, i didn't notice.. but the third person(cover) mode they stated that they brought it in closer.. so you could not see as much as you could before...(around corners etc...) its in of of the questions answered threads...