PDA

View Full Version : decoy/bodyguard effective use.

AntiChrist7
01-01-2012, 02:39 PM
I finally got the challenges for the gun and the throwing knives through artefact assault. So now i wanna get the challenges for decoy and the bodyguard. how do i use them effectivly and maximise my points? how should the settings for these abilities be? I never used them before. i once tried bodyguard, with a persuer close, but he just watched as my persuer killed me, so not much use there

Assasination-G
01-01-2012, 02:43 PM
In my opinion you could use the bodyguard in an effective way in free-for-all game modes, altough decoy might be effective in game types as manhunt, altough they could be quitte effective in free-for-all modes too, i would use both of these abilities together with the morph ability, also i would use my crafting to increase the duration.

Hope it helped, and altough i'm not an expert, i think this is a pretty effective way.

XxKillaChaosxX
01-01-2012, 11:50 PM
I'm working on decoy right now and having success leveling it up in Steal the Artifact and Corruption, where you can have a lot of people on you at once. If you lock on to your pursuer and pop your decoy, your decoy will usually run to your lock. Suing for the offensive challenge is bit tougher and I haven't been able to pull but only a few of those off. For bodyguard, you'll have more success getting lure bonuses if you have multiple people on you. Sounds obvious, but what I mean is if you have multiple pursuers near, one will get stunned, and the other may give you a lure because an npc stunning looks no different than you stunning meaning they'll probably try to kill them. Not sure if they have the same animation as you if you have the other stuns unlocked so it's best to use the default stun while doing this challange. Again STA and Cor are good for this, along with manhunt.

Ferrith
01-02-2012, 12:47 AM
Combined with Blend or Morph, Decoy works also very well in Wanted and Deathmatch when pursuers are close.

AntiChrist7
01-02-2012, 01:44 AM
and for AA? in another topic someone said he sed bodyguard and got many lures and stun. but i never managed to pull it off.

do you get points when your bodyguard stuns a persuer?

DannyStrong
01-13-2012, 07:10 PM
what I'm still trying to figure out is what does the "behavior" category do when crafting decoy. I've tried setting it at all different levels (normal, discrete, disguised). but it behaves the same each time....

lRushdown
01-13-2012, 07:19 PM
When behavior is "normal" they sprint around like an idiot and no one falls for it. The other settings make them act more nonchalant, like in a way that you might actually believe a player is acting :)

DeanOMiite
01-13-2012, 09:11 PM
I finally got the challenges for the gun and the throwing knives through artefact assault. So now i wanna get the challenges for decoy and the bodyguard. how do i use them effectivly and maximise my points? how should the settings for these abilities be? I never used them before. i once tried bodyguard, with a persuer close, but he just watched as my persuer killed me, so not much use there

You have to use bodyguard before your pursuer is too close. I've noticed the bodyguard will just walk around doing nothing for at least 2 or 3 seconds before doing anything. I crafted my bodyguard to increase range to 12m so that I'm less afraid to use it when someone is getting close. This way I'm sure to get something out of it almost every time. but...if you're in a group and you have whispers, just use bodyguard, unless your pursuer is above you, you'll probably get a lure, and if not you'll at least get a stun out of the bodyguard.

I use bodyguard in this video around the 10:40 mark, if you're interested. Or maybe 11:40. Something like that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dufRJ4z2bhs&feature=g-all-bul&context=G2bc9091FAAAAAAAAAAA

OffhandSebbe
01-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Choose another ability combo first to get to 1-2 place.. then switch to Bodyguard>Decoy and use it with blender especially in a deathmatch, make sure to craft decoy atleast +1 in behavior and +1 in range for body guard and have fun. :)

DannyStrong
01-14-2012, 12:44 AM
When behavior is "normal" they sprint around like an idiot and no one falls for it. The other settings make them act more nonchalant, like in a way that you might actually believe a player is acting :)

when using discrete and diguised they still sprint... they do the same exact thing..

E-Zekiel
01-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Your bodyguard doesn't just instantly run to your pursuer and stun him. He walks toward him, follows him for a few moments, then stuns him. You have to use it earlier.

DannyStrong
01-15-2012, 04:13 AM
i'm talking about the behavior category in crafting the decoy, not the bodyguard. I tested it in offline mode, no matter how i deployed the decoy it always runs (whether i activate it when locked on to someone or simply just looking at someone or not looking at any persona) it always picks a persona and it runs past it and then runs away.

The only guess I could make as to the difference is that a decoy might only get the "LT" lock on suggestion if it's disguised or discrete which makes it look more like a human player (i have no way to test this though)

E-Zekiel
01-15-2012, 11:03 AM
If it's any help, decoy always seems to run in the direction my camera is facing.