PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft and Fedex...Who knows the truth??

Toronaga69
10-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Hey guys...I usually surf these forums in search of IL-2 goodness. Yesterday morning I purchased PF through Ubi...got a shipping confirmation by email mid day..said I will have it by Friday afternoon(today)

Well, the tracking number does not show that Fedex has it yet. I have spoken to Fedex and there story is that They have not recieved the package yet...the tracking number is one issued by ubisoft in regards to setting up a fedex shipment in-house. Everone still with me ??

Ok...Ubi says...nah..its shipped..Fedex hasnt updated there computers....??? So I called Fedex again...the lady did a track based on my address...she said FEDEX has NOT taken possession of that package...she also said that it looked like there are several hundred tracking numbers from "That location" (i.e. Ubisoft) that have not made it into the Fedex system...

...to clear things up...from the business that I do..WE issue a tracking number when we package something up in regards to Fedex...this gets the billing situation started with fedex...its a tracking number we all get to see and check. They have their own internal tracking numbers from every check point that it passess through...so if it misses one scan...it makes it to the next, so and so forth.

I know..long winded...my head is spinning too...So the point is Fedex says they aint got it yet...Ubi says.."YES they do"...they won't let me cancel my order...cause they say its shipped!

FUBAR!

Any thoughts...I guess I am just venting....anyone have similar experiences?

Toronaga69
10-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Hey guys...I usually surf these forums in search of IL-2 goodness. Yesterday morning I purchased PF through Ubi...got a shipping confirmation by email mid day..said I will have it by Friday afternoon(today)

Well, the tracking number does not show that Fedex has it yet. I have spoken to Fedex and there story is that They have not recieved the package yet...the tracking number is one issued by ubisoft in regards to setting up a fedex shipment in-house. Everone still with me ??

Ok...Ubi says...nah..its shipped..Fedex hasnt updated there computers....??? So I called Fedex again...the lady did a track based on my address...she said FEDEX has NOT taken possession of that package...she also said that it looked like there are several hundred tracking numbers from "That location" (i.e. Ubisoft) that have not made it into the Fedex system...

...to clear things up...from the business that I do..WE issue a tracking number when we package something up in regards to Fedex...this gets the billing situation started with fedex...its a tracking number we all get to see and check. They have their own internal tracking numbers from every check point that it passess through...so if it misses one scan...it makes it to the next, so and so forth.

I know..long winded...my head is spinning too...So the point is Fedex says they aint got it yet...Ubi says.."YES they do"...they won't let me cancel my order...cause they say its shipped!

FUBAR!

Any thoughts...I guess I am just venting....anyone have similar experiences?

carguy_
10-29-2004, 10:52 AM
LOL fubar indeed.

SKULLS Virga
10-29-2004, 10:54 AM
Yeah my order was one day late with overnite shipping. However my tracking number conferms that FedEx had it in their possession and could not deliver it on the second day - FedEx screwed up not UBI on that one. I'll bet shipping to all the stores this week along with online customers slows everything on UBI's end though...