PDA

View Full Version : Mph speed bar?

lucas_valentine
12-23-2004, 08:44 AM
I read somewhere that you could make the speedbar read in Mph. Is this true, or is this just bollocks?

J_Weaver
12-23-2004, 08:51 AM
Its true. You have to assign a key. check out the controls menu or what ever its called. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Akronnick
12-23-2004, 09:01 AM
When You Assign a key it cycles through four settings:
1: KPH
2: KIAS (Knots Indicated Airspeed)
3: MPH
4: no speed bar

jlhopwo01
12-23-2004, 09:01 AM
I have mine set to shift-S. What I want to know is if there is a way in the conf.ini to set it permanently?

lucas_valentine
12-23-2004, 09:42 AM
Lol, I always thought "toggle speed bar" in controls meant turn it on/off! To think I've been flying for two years in a foreign language when I could have changed it! Cheers Guys!

JG53Frankyboy
12-23-2004, 09:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lucas_valentine:
Lol, I always thought "toggle speed bar" in controls meant turn it on/off! To think I've been flying for two years in a foreign language when I could have changed it! Cheers Guys! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no, it was a new feature that came with PF release - not before

TgD Thunderbolt56
12-23-2004, 11:53 AM
Mine is set to "Z". I also find myself using the metric speedbar more than any for a few reasons:

1. It's more effective when flying with friendlies to have them all on the same measurement...and let's face it, some still haven't mapped the key.

2. I know the limitations and relative performance of certain planes better in the metric system since that's what we've HAD to use in the past.

I have mine mapped and find little trouble doing conversions. I do it for grins sometimes, but when flying with a squad or team, I usually just leave the metric speedbar in place.

TB