128m 4º
64m 8º
32m 16º
16m 32º
8m 64º
4m 128º
2m 256º
1m 512º

retine arch or angle of 512º if i know im dreaming why i dont wake up?

raaaid
07-21-2006, 08:51 AM
you see a plane at distance and you half distance,its aparent size has doubled

what means to apparently double size?

that the angle of arc of retine the object takes double

you watch a plane at 512m and it takes in your retine an angle of 1º

256m 2º
128m 4º
64m 8º
32m 16º
16m 32º
8m 64º
4m 128º
2m 256º
1m 512º

retine arch or angle of 512º if i know im dreaming why i dont wake up?

stathem
07-21-2006, 08:54 AM
You may need to use Euclidian geometry to work that one out.

HotelBushranger
07-21-2006, 09:00 AM
How exactly does this prove reality is a dream?!

Anyway, to get your answer you want to learn about sight & light and concave & convex lens'. Yr 10 science lever stuff.

Irish_Rogues
07-21-2006, 09:04 AM
I'm bored with this dream, how do I get a new one?

Chuck_Older
07-21-2006, 09:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by raaaid:

256m 2º
128m 4º
64m 8º
32m 16º
16m 32º
8m 64º
4m 128º
2m 256º
1m 512º

retine arch or angle of 512º if i know im dreaming why i dont wake up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't really prove much about the nature of reality. If you really want to blow your mind, start comparing geometry to real life.

In order to progress across a plane, say you are measuring the distance between two points on a plane (not an airplane), you need to go halfway across first

Since points have no breadth depth or width, they take no space on that plane. Mathematically speaking, if you only consider this half-distance theory, you can 'prove' that you never arrive anywhere because you must always travel one half the distance first, and the answer to any measurable distance divided by two is always more than zero. So you always have more distance to travel, you never reach zero in your equation.

But when applied to real life, obviosuly you can travel from point A to point B without getting stuck in a never ending loop of having to travel halfway, then half of that, half of that, ad inifitum

One thing your eye does is fool you. Your eye, for example, does not see movement per se. Your brain more or less fills in gaps. I have often wondered if babies see essentially a slide show of images until their brains learn to anticipate, and how to use the eyes to effect 'movement' as we see it. Perspective and spacial relations are subjective

As far as knowing you're dreaming but can't wake up goes, I've mentioned this to you before-

question your own theories and ideas with the same vigor and critical thinking you view the thing you are trying to show doesn't work the way everyone thinks it does. Just because you can think up an idea and it fulfills the requirements for disproving the thing you want to disprove, that doesn't mean it can stand up to the same level of scrutiny that you've applied to the idea or thing you wish to expose as being false

knightflyte
07-21-2006, 10:22 AM
Life IS a dream.

It says so in the song.

....merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...
life is but a dream.....

Now everyone sing along in the IL2 round.

Mudmovers sing the first line...
then dogfighters will joing in...
followed by forum moderators...
UBI can take the 4th round...
then finally Oleg himself can join in.

Deedsundone
07-21-2006, 10:31 AM
Follow the white bunny...

BSS_Goat
07-21-2006, 10:37 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Pirschjaeger
07-21-2006, 11:06 AM
If reality were just a dream, then why is it much more vivid then a dream? Then what is a dream? If reality were just a dream and a dream was still a dream then wouldn't they cancel each other out? If they were one, rather than two, why are they different? Are you claiming that two totally different things are the same?

That's too vague.

Chuck_Older
07-21-2006, 12:34 PM
Well sure, but not everyone dreams the same way. Some people dream in black and white or don't even really recall if they perceive colors in dreams. I know I do because my dreams are usually quite mundane; I've dreamt that I've gotten up and gone to work

The real problem here is the term "reality". What is it? Commonly, it's considered to be a shared experience. For instance, I meet you, and we both have a conversation in the 'real world'

On the other hand, I meet you in a dream and we have a conversation

The difference being, in the real world, you and I both shared the experience. You didn't share my dream however; you weren't really there, and in your dreams that night you were doing something else entirely

The other thing is that very few things make you go to sleep instantly, and I've never felt sleepy in a dream. I don't have to sleep if I feel sleepy. But many things can wake you up instantly, a loud noise, bright light, etc

Now if I walk into a room and someone is sleeping, does that mean they have dropped out of the "real reality" and gone to the false one? Well no; theya re still right there, asleep. The nature of reality is the world in which you interact with things and people, and therefore it must be the waking world

LEBillfish
07-21-2006, 12:37 PM
In what dimension of reality is there more then 360 degrees?.....

LStarosta
07-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Raaid, I used to support your theories but now you're nucking futs, dude.

Monty_Thrud
07-21-2006, 12:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">OT i have prove that reality is just a dream </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

Akronnick
07-21-2006, 02:07 PM
The angle of an object does NOT double if you half the distance.

I'm standing on the 50 yard line of a(n American) football field. I look at the top of the goalpost and it appears 9.5 degrees above the horizon. If I move to the 30 yard line, the angle will be 14 degrees, and if I move to the goal line the angle will be exactly 45 degrees.

Now, for 785 points answer the following:
assuming my eye levle is 5 feet above the ground, a.) How high is the goalpost?

b.) What will the angle from my eye to the top of the goalpost be if I'm standing on the 20 yard line?

be sure to show your work for full credit.

Warrington_Wolf
07-21-2006, 03:09 PM
If this is a dream where are all the lovely women?

danjama
07-21-2006, 03:51 PM
I love dreaming. There's nothing like it to restore your batteries. Sometimes i go weeks or months without remembering my dreams, but when i finally do remember it, it really makes me feel good. Like...life isn't too bad....i love those dreams where people you lost visit you. There's nothing i appreciate more than those dreams. It's amazing how dreams can accomplish so much, compared to reality, which often leaves me feeling drained and worthless...

raaaid
07-21-2006, 04:42 PM
of course the angle doesnt double halving the distance thats my whole point

because we see angles of an sphere(in the retine)

so if the angle is not double how comes we see it double size halving the distance

i can explain it in a plane projection but in an sphere projection it doesnt work

i suppose chuck older is right and our brain fills the gaps or does something strange

Akronnick
07-21-2006, 04:54 PM
arctangent is your friend.

russ.nl
07-21-2006, 05:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LEBillfish:
In what dimension of reality is there more then 360 degrees?..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You asked for it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif We will here about <span class="ev_code_RED"> this (http://www.tenthdimension.com/flash2.php)</span> from Raaaid for many many years to come. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ploughman
07-21-2006, 05:06 PM
Clearly someone's dream Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaid. But if not yours, then whose?

RCAF_Irish_403
07-21-2006, 06:25 PM
Life is just a fantasy; can you live this fantasy live?

WB_Outlaw
07-21-2006, 08:55 PM
forget all that you see; it's not reality
it's just a fantasy

--Outlaw.

leitmotiv
07-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Nice work, raaaid. It is pure poetry. Since Locke, Berkeley, and Hume we have all wondered the same thing at times. Is it mechanics or illusion or both. You would like Thomas Pynchon's epic novel GRAVITY'S RAINBOW. Cheers

Covino
07-21-2006, 09:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by raaaid:

256m 2º
128m 4º
64m 8º
32m 16º
16m 32º
8m 64º
4m 128º
2m 256º
1m 512º

retine arch or angle of 512º if i know im dreaming why i dont wake up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If your conclusion is false, then you made a mistake somewhere along the way. In this case, you assumed that "size" is directly related to arclength. This is not true: there isn't a direct relationship but a trigonometric one, I think arctangent as Akronnick pointed out. If you use that relationship, I don't think the central angle would go above, or even reach, 180 degrees or Pi radians.

LStarosta
07-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Mmmmmmmmmm. Pi.

strewth
07-21-2006, 10:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LEBillfish:
In what dimension of reality is there more then 360 degrees?..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think they call it a fan forced oven http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

I will not enter into the realms of your physical makeup and all the bad jokes that may associate you with kitchen appliances http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

Charos
07-21-2006, 10:18 PM

256m 2º
128m 4º
64m 8º
32m 16º
16m 32º
8m 64º
4m 128º
2m 256º
1m 512º

In your above example Raaid lets for arguments sake take a figure of 45º for the Visual cone of the human eye.

What we find then (useing your figures)is that somewhere between the distances of 16M AND 8M from our observer his eye is no longer able to resolve the object in its entirety.

In other words the object lies partially outside your field of view - you are no longer able to see the entire object
as you could when it was distant.

Besides the above the object's limiting angle approaches 180º as it draws nearer to the observer.

There is an infinite number of divisions of distance between 512M and the observer, as the distance is divided
the objects apparent angle reduces on a sliding scale towards 180º where upon it is in the viewing plane of the observer.

The only case in which it could be greater would be if the object occupies 3D space and the observer is inside the object - in this special case the object is occupying all 360º of the space around us.

raaaid
07-22-2006, 05:41 AM
wow that video on the 10 dimensions was good

timetravel paralel times

i have at times switched to paralel worlds

but i keep beliveing in god i still think all horror is faked or dreamt and i hope to keep at least some faith alive

russ.nl
07-22-2006, 06:49 AM
wow that video on the 10 dimensions was good

timetravel paralel times

i have at times switched to paralel worlds

but i keep beliveing in god i still think all horror is faked or dreamt and i hope to keep at least some faith alive </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew you would like that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

WB_Outlaw
07-22-2006, 08:49 AM
but i keep beliveing in god i still think all horror is faked or dreamt and i hope to keep at least some faith alive </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I prefer reality. I belive in God, I believe that horror is NOT faked or dreamt, and I have lots of faith. Why must you delude yourself into believing that horror is fake?

--Outlaw.

heywooood
07-22-2006, 09:33 AM
alot of us believe in God...I wonder if He still believes in us...? I mean, we never learned to stop fighting with each other and creating horror all the while.

Ever try to describe to someone what reality is?...it always sounds absurd.

Scientists say you can't see atomic particles but..we're standing on one and orbiting another.

Its all about scale and time, whatever that is.

Aaron_GT
07-22-2006, 10:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Mathematically speaking, if you only consider this half-distance theory, you can 'prove' that you never arrive anywhere because you must always travel one half the distance first, and the answer to any measurable distance divided by two is always more than zero. So you always have more distance to travel, you never reach zero in your equation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is where logarithms and calculus come in to save us from such logical impossibilties!

SeaFireLIV
07-22-2006, 11:12 AM
How does this prove life is a dream?

Actually, my Father always said life is a dream when I was young, he`s also a very devoted Christian and believer in God.

I would punch the wall sometimes as a kid just to see if it was a dream, but if it`s a dream, the pain feels very real.

The closest thing I`ve ever seen that might come close to this whole thread is the time I had a Lucid dream, where I was completely somewhere else. At school as an adult, sitting in a class of children and realising I was dreaming. The dream appeared so real that it did indeed make me wonder if our `reality` is a sort of dream after all.

Warrington_Wolf
07-22-2006, 03:31 PM
Its Saturday, get a few (or a lot) of beers in and consume them, the line between what is reality and what is not becomes very blurred indeed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif