PDA

View Full Version : Carrier Take offs etc in FMB

superjohnny
10-26-2004, 01:15 AM
Anyone know how to have static planes on board carriers in FMB. And how to set up your flight to take off from a carrier. Doesn't seem to recognise them as an airstrip.

Also any way to tone down the **** AAA from ships, it's impossible to get anywhere near them still. And it murders the frame rates )I have an AMD 3000XP with 1GB RAM and a GF FX 5950 Ultra with 256mb RAM

And while I'm whining, why when I set up conventional Japanese attacks on a carrier do they all turn into Kamikazes, I just want them to drop their bombs and torpedoes in the normal way.

TA for now.

superjohnny
10-26-2004, 01:15 AM
Anyone know how to have static planes on board carriers in FMB. And how to set up your flight to take off from a carrier. Doesn't seem to recognise them as an airstrip.

Also any way to tone down the **** AAA from ships, it's impossible to get anywhere near them still. And it murders the frame rates )I have an AMD 3000XP with 1GB RAM and a GF FX 5950 Ultra with 256mb RAM

And while I'm whining, why when I set up conventional Japanese attacks on a carrier do they all turn into Kamikazes, I just want them to drop their bombs and torpedoes in the normal way.

TA for now.

SaQSoN
10-26-2004, 02:32 AM
First of all, RTFM. But, if your religion prohibits you to do this, here's some answers:

1. You can't place static planes on a carrier.
2. To make a flight to take off from a carrier, set the first waypoint as "take-off" and mark as target for this waypoint the carrier, from which you want them to start. Same to make them land on it: set the last waypoint for a flight as "landing" and mark as target for it the carrier which you want them to land to.
3. If you want to make a plane to perform a "kamikaze" attack - set the last waypoint for it as "attack". If you want it to perform normal attack - add at least one more waypoint for it AFTER the attack point.
4. You can make any AA gun or any ship's AA to "sleep" for a desirable period. You also can shorten the range at which the gun will start firing at a target and you can set a skill for the unit ranging from "rookie" to "ace". This will affect the firing accuracy.

superjohnny
10-27-2004, 02:13 AM
Ta thats great thanks.

How do I make the AA sleep and shorten the range.

Cheers Dude.