PDA

View Full Version : RELAX: The Patch is going to be Great

Buzzsaw-
03-11-2005, 09:53 AM
Salute All

All those who are racheting up the complaints about us not getting the patch yet should step back, look at things objectively, and RELAX.

This patch will be the BIGGEST we've ever gotten.

It will have MORE aircraft included than any other patch we've ever gotten. In fact, it may have more flyable aircraft included than the original IL-2. Not bad for a FREE download. I won't bother to list all the new aircraft, let's just say that it would add CONSIDERABLY to the length of this post.

It will have at least two HUGE new maps. Another first for a patch, we've never gotten this before. (Thanks to Ian Boys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ) We can now look forward to a whole series of new scenarios set in the far north and in Kurland. We can expect a resurgence of new Campaigns, Missions, and online wars, produced by the community.

The patch will have quite a number of technical improvements, including enhanced clouds.

Many of these enhancements are coming unsolicited from Oleg. He didn't have to include them, he just believes in providing the best product he can.

Other additions are coming as a result of his openness to player created additions, hence the large number of Italian aircraft that are likely part of the patch.

Oleg is so committed, that even when a player created project, such as the Ju-88, has serious problems which would have caused it to not be up to standards, he will go out of his way to do the work required to finish it at his own expence and on the time of 1C Maddox.

This game, which is already terrific, is about to have an enormous amount of additional elements added to enhance it even more.

Last night I was flying online in my trusty P-47D10, and had a ten minute dogfight with 190A6 between 1500 meters and the deck, where I started initially with a energy advantage, but then had it gradually whittled away, by the A6's superior climb and speed at sea level, having my rudder shot out, engaging in a series of of rolling scissors, (luckily I was at 1/4 tank so I could stay with him) before finally winning the fight by having popped my opponent enough in the engine that it died on him, I thought to myself, "What a great Sim, these two aircraft are modelled extremely well, each has its historical flaws, but also their historical advantages, and we the players have the opportinity to experience them."

Later I flew on the dark side, in a 190A5 versus P-51B's and Spit VIII's and only broke even, but again, that was more due to the other side having the numbers advantage as well as the fact I was rusty in the 190A and put my aircraft into the turf twice and collided once, with only two kills and a couple damages, but again, the modelling of the aircraft on both sides was close enough to make pilot skill the key factor.

Sure there are a few problems with this Sim, but there are many more problems which were brought up by players, and which have been addressed and corrected already in previous patches. And I have no doubt that some issues will be dealt with in this upcoming patch. So if everyone keeps that in mind, acts respectfully, backs up their comments with facts, and understands that Oleg is the person who has to make the final decision, then we will all be better off.

We should all look at things objectively, and ask ourselves:

"Do we really have a reason to complain about this Sim?"

I don't think so. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cheers Buzzsaw

gates123
03-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Be quite and Listen!..... you can hear a voice of reason...

Marc-David
03-11-2005, 09:59 AM
Sir, I would volunteer for Beta patch testing anyday with joy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

BTw I'm extremly amazed that the normal patch-leakage hasn't occured on this one. Good sign!

Yours, MD

tascaso
03-11-2005, 10:06 AM
2 weeks!
Well, fishing is cranking up (bass) so they can keep the patch, add all the aircraft in the works and the new maps. I will be back in October! After a long dragged out winter in California I am heading outdoors and not coming back.

123_Tony_123VEF

Chuck_Older
03-11-2005, 10:10 AM
They have winter in Cally? Come over to New England, your igloo is ready

Aeronautico
03-11-2005, 10:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buzzsaw-:
hence the large number of Italian aircraft that are likely part of the patch. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds SO nice... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

Capt._Tenneal
03-11-2005, 10:13 AM
Oleg is a godsend to broadband providers. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I know I only made the switch to getting broadband so I can download the 100+ mb patches that come every once in a while.

Saburo_0
03-11-2005, 10:13 AM
Very nice Buzzsaw.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

victor51
03-11-2005, 10:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tascaso:
I am heading outdoors and not coming back.

123_Tony_123VEF <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nobody likes a quitter, man. At least take a laptop.

Texas LongHorn
03-11-2005, 10:20 AM
Great, a patch with a bunch of ETO stuff and two new maps of Murmansk and Kurland. Where in the heck is the PTO stuff! Last time I checked, this is the PACIFIC FIGHTERS forum. I love the sim but am kinda' amazed they just dropped the development of the PTO aircraft. It's a sorry state of affairs. OK, whine over. All the best, LongHorn

TheEngine88
03-11-2005, 11:06 AM
Buzzsaw, you are presupposing facts that are not in evidence. On what do you base your claim that Italian planes will be in the patch? Or for that matter, on what do you base any of your statements, beyond vague rumor on these boards?

Stanger_361st
03-11-2005, 11:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Texas LongHorn:
Great, a patch with a bunch of ETO stuff and two new maps of Murmansk and Kurland. Where in the heck is the PTO stuff! Last time I checked, this is the PACIFIC FIGHTERS forum. I love the sim but am kinda' amazed they just dropped the development of the PTO aircraft. It's a sorry state of affairs. OK, whine over. All the best, LongHorn <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

luke97
03-11-2005, 11:35 AM
Come on! Its easy to say relax (Frankie Goes to Hollywood was a gay group, btw http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif) when you already are testing the patch, Buzz
What we really need are images or dev. updates, not "wait and you will see".
What makes me angry is the lack of real info since months.
Its my opinion.

BSS_Vidar
03-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Soooooo,
What part of this patch can be put into the PF Stand-alone? I could care less about ETO. I've had enough of that from FB/AEP and LOMAC.

RedDeth
03-11-2005, 12:06 PM
no pto planes? are you hallucinating?

the betty and the KI-44 AAND the KI-100 are in the patch!

that will balance out the pacific theater well.

be sure...

two weeks...

yadda yadda...

ad infinitum...

quack...

DRB_Hookech0
03-11-2005, 12:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buzzsaw-:
Salute All

All those who are racheting up the complaints about us not getting the patch yet should step back, look at things objectively, and RELAX.

It will have MORE aircraft included than any other patch we've ever gotten. In fact, it may have more flyable aircraft included than the original IL-2. Not bad for a FREE download. I won't bother to list all the new aircraft, let's just say that it would add CONSIDERABLY to the length of this post.

It will have at least two HUGE new maps. Another first for a patch, we've never gotten this before. (Thanks to Ian Boys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ) We can now look forward to a whole series of new scenarios set in the far north and in Kurland. We can expect a resurgence of new Campaigns, Missions, and online wars, produced by the community.

The patch will have quite a number of technical improvements, including enhanced clouds.

Many of these enhancements are coming unsolicited from Oleg. He didn't have to include them, he just believes in providing the best product he can.

Other additions are coming as a result of his openness to player created additions, hence the large number of Italian aircraft that are likely part of the patch.

Oleg is so committed, that even when a player created project, such as the Ju-88, has serious problems which would have caused it to not be up to standards, he will go out of his way to do the work required to finish it at his own expence and on the time of 1C Maddox.

This game, which is already terrific, is about to have an enormous amount of additional elements added to enhance it even more.

Last night I was flying online in my trusty P-47D10, and had a ten minute dogfight with 190A6 between 1500 meters and the deck, where I started initially with a energy advantage, but then had it gradually whittled away, by the A6's superior climb and speed at sea level, having my rudder shot out, engaging in a series of of rolling scissors, (luckily I was at 1/4 tank so I could stay with him) before finally winning the fight by having popped my opponent enough in the engine that it died on him, I thought to myself, "What a great Sim, these two aircraft are modelled extremely well, each has its historical flaws, but also their historical advantages, and we the players have the opportinity to experience them."

Later I flew on the dark side, in a 190A5 versus P-51B's and Spit VIII's and only broke even, but again, that was more due to the other side having the numbers advantage as well as the fact I was rusty in the 190A and put my aircraft into the turf twice and collided once, with only two kills and a couple damages, but again, the modelling of the aircraft on both sides was close enough to make pilot skill the key factor.

Sure there are a few problems with this Sim, but there are many more problems which were brought up by players, and which have been addressed and corrected already in previous patches. And I have no doubt that some issues will be dealt with in this upcoming patch. So if everyone keeps that in mind, acts respectfully, backs up their comments with facts, and understands that Oleg is the person who has to make the final decision, then we will all be better off.

Cheers Buzzsaw <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats all fine and dandy for the ETO/Eastern Front players but lets see....what does it add for us PF players....you know the guys that bought a game marketed as a complete standalone game simulating air/naval air combat in the PTO? What 2 Japanese planes, a cockpit for a plane advertised as flyable, and what? A stick in the eye?

I'm sure all the ETO guys are happy as hell for all the stuff they are getting, seemingly at the expense of us standalone PF players that paid for less than half a game. Yep, I'm all excited about this new patch.

Dexmeister
03-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Guys, I'm probably going to get in trouble for sharing this info, but it's about time a beta tester speaks up.

Truthfully, the patch isn't that great, okay? Betty is a stalling pig on wings, and the Italian birdies are about as good as that fricken rocket BI-1 from IL2.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Mysticpuma2003
03-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Buzzsaw "It will have MORE aircraft included than any other patch we've ever gotten. In fact, it may have more flyable aircraft included than the original IL-2. Not bad for a FREE download."

Hmmmm, apart from the 27 I pay for my 2mb internet connection per-month and the fact that this is about half of what should have been on the 3rd cd I paid for! You don't get anything in this life for free! Point proven (but I can't wait for the new clouds).

Capt._Tenneal
03-11-2005, 01:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dexmeister:
Guys, I'm probably going to get in trouble for sharing this info, but it's about time a beta tester speaks up.

Truthfully, the patch isn't that great, okay? Betty is a stalling pig on wings, and the Italian birdies are about as good as that fricken rocket BI-1 from IL2.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your pink slip and severance check is in the mail, LOL . http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

ianboys
03-11-2005, 01:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dexmeister:

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're clearly not a beta tester. For a start you clearly don't have the patch I have ...

lbhskier37
03-11-2005, 01:31 PM
We finally might get the content that development got dropped for PF. Last time I checked it was a complete stand alone game that could be played just fine. Hmm, I musta got a different copy.

VW-IceFire
03-11-2005, 01:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Texas LongHorn:
Great, a patch with a bunch of ETO stuff and two new maps of Murmansk and Kurland. Where in the heck is the PTO stuff! Last time I checked, this is the PACIFIC FIGHTERS forum. I love the sim but am kinda' amazed they just dropped the development of the PTO aircraft. It's a sorry state of affairs. OK, whine over. All the best, LongHorn <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Blame the guy who got the PF project started and disappeared leaving Oleg to do the work. Oh and blame the lawyers too. No problem with touching the Eastern Front at all...the Lavochkin isn't going to sue for the usage of a La-5.

Plus, those two maps are from a third party source which cannot touch the PTO.

GT182
03-11-2005, 01:36 PM
Ian, Dexmeister's just a troll trying to get a rise out of us.

You tell Oleg and the guys to take as long as they need so everything is spot-on to what it's all supposed to be and we won't need another patch...... unless they have things settled and we can get the Avenger and the others we were supposed to get. If not that's ok too, we'll live. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

jimblue
03-11-2005, 01:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> hence the large number of Italian aircraft that are likely part of the patch.

I cant't wait!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sharkey888
03-11-2005, 02:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Blame the guy who got the PF project started and disappeared leaving Oleg to do the work.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got that right. I am looking to change my cell phone service, should I give a call http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Asgeir_Strips
03-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Salute All

clearly a fanboy...... Nothing good news for us PACIFIC FIGHTERS enthusiasts!

Wolf-Strike
03-11-2005, 02:41 PM
SO I take it that we will not see the enhanced pre-BOB FM added in this patch???

goshikisen
03-11-2005, 03:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Oh and blame the lawyers too. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the lawyer situation has been overstated... it's not like anything and everything that came out of the US has all of a sudden become untouchable. I know that many of the ships of the US Navy could be included without legal reprisal... the Yorktown, in fact, is exceptional. The Curtiss Demon also runs contrary to the Lawyer conspiracy.

I think we'll just have to resign ourselves to the fact that we won't see a proper Pacific sim from 1C for many years, if at all. PF shows heaps of unrealized potential.

Regards, Goshikisen.

sulla04
03-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Ok I've changed my tune.Sure I've *****ed and moaned about PFs status,esp as a standalone sim.But enough is enough.The patch will come when it comes and nothing we can do about it or its contents.For the "fanboys" you do have a very selective memory FB was supposed to be an addon for around $20.Aces was supposed to be a free upgrade.Nothing wrong with the massive and historically correct content in all of IL2 and its offsping.That in fact may be the problem with the oldtimers complaints.IL2 etc. was and is so good that PF pales in comparision.Before PF there were no arguments about the sim in general it was all nitpicking about FMs etc.For all of you who are in love with only the east front ( or great patriotic war ).You don't seem to understand how someone could feel that way about the war in the pacific.I know its been said before but how would you feel if there were 3 maps of EF and no moscow and no bombers.We all know that 1C is working its tail off to try and fix a project that was not theres to begin with.On the otherhand if they let it out the door without knowing how much was missing,it still had their name on it.I truly believe that 1C is the greatest sim creators that have been seen as of yet.So for everyone sake I wish they had just put off publication until it was up to their standards.Lords knows delays in software are unfortunately not a novel happening.So trolls give it a rest and Fanboys just ignore the posts.

Bolt40
03-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Then if they've washed their hands of PF , release it to a reliable 3rd party developer to add the necessary planes ,,mainly Torpedo planes & a few other Japanese birds we need .
If not cheer up..Heroes of the Pacific Sim will
be released soon . http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Griffon_25th
03-11-2005, 03:11 PM
Yeah, who knows what will happen to Il2 FB/PF after Oleg is totally emersed with BOB.

Potatodip
03-11-2005, 03:28 PM
hmmmm......Like the pacific interesting theater, but PF is a big load of bad Kbytes. But i actualy doent care cause the "problems" with PF have made me go right back to muddy Russia and im having a blast there. I am truely sad about how PF ended up (doent think we will se the magic wand and the big fix) and alot of time looking for good info on this forum always end up in reading alot of hmmmm about bad Kbytes

I will let the pacific rest now. It was fun as long it lastet, but i actualy hope that Oleg will "let it go" and focusing on what the game series was about, Forgotten battles

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

flyplenty
03-11-2005, 03:28 PM
I'm just wondering, since I don't have the Ace Expansion Pack (I skipped it, being busy with other things, and when I found out after buying PF you needed it for all the extra stuff and online, it was off the market here - I ordered it, but no joy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif): how much of the new patch is useable for PF standalone? It's nice to get the Mossie for instance, but without AEP it's no use to me, apparently. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

VMF-214_HaVoK
03-11-2005, 03:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by flyplenty:
I'm just wondering, since I don't have the Ace Expansion Pack (I skipped it, being busy with other things, and when I found out after buying PF you needed it for all the extra stuff and online, it was off the market here - I ordered it, but no joy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif): how much of the new patch is useable for PF standalone? It's nice to get the Mossie for instance, but without AEP it's no use to me, apparently. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

3dgamers did offer it as payfor download. Might want to have a look there for AEP.

crazyivan1970
03-11-2005, 03:40 PM
Some incorrect information here, but some of it true. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Besides, i find it kind of wrong to post something like this before the fact. Just my opinion. Nothing personal Buzz. I think Oleg earned the right to anounce what`s in the patch and what`s not. Just my honest opinion.

RichardI
03-11-2005, 03:54 PM
Good grief this place never changes.
Where's RaybanJockey anyway

BRING BACK RAYBANJOCKEY!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Airmail109
03-11-2005, 04:14 PM
yeah that shud cheer up these whining brats!

Oh Ps for you whing PF brats theres a preview of Heroes of the pacific on Gamespot it says this......."but hardcore grognards still won't mistake this game for something on the level of IL-2 Sturmovik."

Feathered_IV
03-11-2005, 04:17 PM
crazyivan1970 wrote:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Some incorrect information here, but some of it true. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Crazyivan, why not use your power for good and specify which information is correct and which isn't. You might save a lot of antagonism around here http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Aeronautico
03-11-2005, 05:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ianboys:
Guys, I'm probably going to get in trouble for sharing this info... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're clearly not a beta tester. For a start you clearly don't have the patch I have ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh uh!

I take it as "the Italian planes actually rock" rather than "there is no Italian plane in the upcoming patch"... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Hopefully. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

TooMuchCheese
03-11-2005, 05:43 PM
Look people lets cut the "I know something you don't ****", the patch will be the patch and no matter how good it is there will be whiners, so everybody relax,chill out and just see what we get bull****ting about it here is just pissing in the wind... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/hennessyphotography

crazyivan1970
03-11-2005, 05:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Feathered_IV:
crazyivan1970 wrote:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Some incorrect information here, but some of it true. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Crazyivan, why not use your power for good and specify which information is correct and which isn't. You might save a lot of antagonism around here http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The power that is giving to me says to keep my mouth shut http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I am not discussing anything beta related until Oleg asked me. It`s been always the case http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

tascaso
03-11-2005, 06:12 PM
Patch what patch???? Nope I will not be taking out the laptop on a fishing trip...no way no how. Neither the boat nor the rod have or need a patch. As for England thats why I live in Kali to avoid miserable winters....by Kali standards this winter was miserable as every storm that should have hit those Northwesterners slammed us big time!

Adios muchachos fish are bitin

123_Tony_123VEF

LEXX_Luthor
03-11-2005, 07:54 PM
I want

More FB

More PF

More Everything....More FBP http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

~~~> and More 3000km *Simplified* South and SouthWest Pacific maps (1-1 scale http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

sapre
03-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Salute All

It doesn't matter...
Because we are not getting any new ships http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
And please don't give me the "this is flight sim" cr@p http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

IV_JG51_Prien
03-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Just a curiosity for all the stand-alone PF guys..

Why not just get the IL2 Gold Pack? It's not too expensive and then you'll see why so many of us are fanboys http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Personally, I'll he happy with the patch so long as it has the JU88 :P

ronison
03-11-2005, 09:45 PM
I like most of you want MORE MORE MORE. But I have to say this. You have basicly two choices in todays world for flight sims. You have Microfloft or IL-2.

Personly untill recently I have flown only American WWII flight sims, and I enjoyed them. But I have to admit 110% that this blows away anything that I have flown previously, and that includes Mocrofloft's WWII sim. This has more content and tryes to cover more content than any other flight sim attempted to date. It is not suprising that things are missing. I for one know there are planes missing in every country that they have in this game.

So as for the patch... I want MORE MORE MORE.... Am I willing to wait? Heck yes up to today I have not the patch and it changes nothing this game is the best on the market right now. I cant complain the only thing I can do is kick myself for not buying it years ago when it first hit the market because it wasnt "American fighters".

Its fun, its entertaining, and its worth waiting for!

My dad has always told me one thing. "If your going to do something do it right the first time". Well some will say they didnt with PF and maybe they are right but if you look at the whole picture of what this sim offers you really cant say they have not "Done it right".

Hats off to you Oleg keem me happy, it wont be hard. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Buzzsaw-
03-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Hello Ivan

I didn't announce what was in the patch.

I am just repeating what I have read previously in interviews with Oleg on this board and others. Which included comments about the aircraft and other things.

If I have misinterpreted something from the interviews, then I apologize. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I certainly don't want to take away from what Oleg has to say, my opinion was that too many people were forgetting the large positives which we have to look forward to, and focusing on criticising Oleg for the small things which are not going to be included. (from 10,000 ft, one battleship looks very much like another http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

And for the rest of the readers:

I am not a Beta Tester, just someone who reads what is posted here and elsewhere and knows that Oleg delivers on 99% of what he says.

plumps_
03-11-2005, 10:18 PM
You seem to presume that everything that's "in the works (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=63110913&m=8471088572)" will be in the upcoming patch. That was not my impression. On the contrary I remember reading something like "we have enough 3rd party models to keep us busy for a very long time".

WTE_Gog
03-11-2005, 11:37 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Buzzsaw-:
(from 10,000 ft, one battleship looks very much like another http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

QUOTE]

Do you fly online? The vast majority of all online combat takes place from 5000ft and below.....where no battleship looks the same!

TheGozr
03-11-2005, 11:38 PM
enhanced clouds.???? do you mean no medium clouds http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

sapre
03-12-2005, 01:11 AM

(from 10,000 ft, one battleship looks very much like another http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I told I don't want that bu11sh1t!!
Don't you ever do a dive bombing or strafing or torpedo run or kamikaze itercept?
don't you ever see the ship to ship action in some mission in ctrl+F2 view?

Spectre-63
03-12-2005, 01:26 AM
I dunno how "great" it's gonna wind up....people talking about a "large number of Italian aircraft" included in a patch for a Pacific Theater product makes me apprehensive. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif Just because some people are hooked on the ETO doesn't mean all of us are.

Jaws43
03-12-2005, 01:28 AM
Thanks for the info http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Dengue.ZA
03-12-2005, 01:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I told I don't want that bu11sh1t!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're being rediculous. IL2 isn't, and never claimed to be, a naval simulator. Maybe you're looking for the SH3 forum?

sapre
03-12-2005, 02:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dengue.ZA:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I told I don't want that bu11sh1t!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're being rediculous. IL2 isn't, and never claimed to be, a naval simulator. Maybe you're looking for the SH3 forum? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well it's a "Naval flight simulator" IMO.
All I want is 1 IJN cruiser and 1 Battleships for each side.
Is that so much to ask?
If you are saying "This is a flight sim and I don't give a **** about the ships",
Would you be happy if every carrier in the sim was just a box with a small rectangul sticking out from the top as the bridge?
Or every destroyer in the sim is a rectangul with some small boxes representing a turret?

Tallyho1961
03-12-2005, 05:42 AM
Great initial post, BuzzSaw. You're 100% right about this sim. It's already a joy to play and whatever, happens: big patch, little patch, no patch - we've already got something extraordinary to pursue our hobby with.

Lke you, I occasionally have flying experiences that epitomize why this sim is so much fun, regardles of whether or not I shower the landscape with the burning wreckage of my opponents:

I was flying at VirtualPilots the other day, cloud-dodging an Me109 in a P-40. We were both patient about it - each working hard to set up a merge. The sun was shining, the reflections on the water far below were lovely and the whole thing felt incredibly real. I seldom caught sight of my opponent as we dodged each other in the clouds - but I could hear the distinctive sound of the Me109 engine and began using it to predict his position while essentially flying blind. This went on for a good five minutes, probably more.

To make a long story short, We never got to fight. A flak shell knocked me down and that was it. However, my opponent and I shared text greetings afterwards and agreed that we had both flown our machines well - which to me is the whole point anyway.

Just a Saturday morning ramble. Again, great post.

S!

|CoB|_Spectre
03-12-2005, 06:01 AM
The things I'm looking forward to most in the patch have received almost no attention. Word has it that the patch will re-grow lost hair, turn fat into muscle, raise your IQ by 20 points, and make you the life of the party. Now who wouldn't be willing to wait on that?

TooMuchCheese
03-12-2005, 07:53 AM
Jeepers guys chill out, we'll get when its ready http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/hennessyphotography

Indianer.
03-12-2005, 08:04 AM
Hey guys

why dont you just leave your joysticks alone for a couple of weeks and head over to Red Orchestra for the time being......

http://www.redorchestra.clanservers.com/

oh yeah...check out our squad too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

http://ostfrontsoldaten.com

HvyPetals
03-12-2005, 08:33 AM
Thank you.

AFJ_Locust
03-12-2005, 09:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheEngine88:
Buzzsaw, you are presupposing facts that are not in evidence. On what do you base your claim that Italian planes will be in the patch? Or for that matter, on what do you base any of your statements, beyond vague rumor on these boards? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya what he said!!! What the heck are you blabing on about ???

Do you know something or are you just generating false hopes & Rumors ?

Capt.LoneRanger
03-12-2005, 09:24 AM
Maybe the difference between sapre and most other people is the fact, that we fly in cockpit, not with CTRL-F2 to watch what's happening outside. I never, ever had enough time during an attack or dogfight to check if 2 battleships looked the same. But maybe my fault?

BBB_Hyperion
03-12-2005, 09:46 AM
Buzzsaw- that things written on several forums(even by Oleg) are not a valid source of information and when you start annoucing things that didnt make it into the patch for several reasons it may upset some ppl that desperately waiting for this features,planes that didnt make it into the patch. I understand the idea behind your post but you need to consider such things when you openly post them. Just a Sidenote concerning this issue.

AlmightyTallest
03-12-2005, 09:51 AM
Not just people that use outside views notice the ships.

I like making low altitude attacks on shipping, especially skip-bombing with B25's and Corsairs is a lot of my fun. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Many instances I've had in my cockpit view where I had to pull up to avoid the mast of an enemy destroyer or other type of ship when I'm strafing and supporting other planes that still have ordinace.

There is a big difference between one battleship and another, as well as a difference between all other classes of ships, their speed, their armament, and the number of AA guns and their caliber are all different, even among the same type of ship. If you don't know what class of enemy ship your coming in on early enough it could be the difference between life and death in this sim.

But if your only used to the European theater, I guess a ship is a ship to most, or if your only used to flying over 10,000 feet in a fighter, well then I guess you aren't interested in attacking ships anyways http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

goshikisen
03-12-2005, 09:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dengue.ZA:
You're being rediculous. IL2 isn't, and never claimed to be, a naval simulator. Maybe you're looking for the SH3 forum? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually we're posting in the Pacific Fighters forum... a forum for a product which at one time had the potential to be the best naval/air sim we'd ever seen. The amazing patch that we've seen described (not to burst anyones balloon but there was a "may or may not be in the patch" disclaimer which means half of it may never appear) includes 75% content that never appeared in the Pacific. Makes me feel sorry for the poor sods who bought PF as standalone. You've bought a 1000 piece puzzle with 500 pieces missing.

Regards, Goshikisen.

p.s. Capt. LoneRanger... I've flown many low level attack missions, in cockpit, in PF. I could clearly see the details of the ships. If they didn't want to include proper targets for PF then I question their reasoning for adding bombs and rockets as a loadout option.

jamesdietz
03-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Amen to first posting...............

MaxBruder
03-12-2005, 10:27 AM
I'd just like to say that I have been enjoying flight sims for a long time but none of them compare to what Oleg Maddox and Co. have provided us with to increase the enjoyment of our HOBBY! I would love to have a virtual reality simulation that could actually put me in the aircraft of my choice, as would most of us but I truly appreciate the support and dedication that we get from Oleg and company. I have NEVER seen such support from any software company before. Thank You Gentlemen, for the sweat and blood you put into your product for us to enjoy.

Tuba2004
03-12-2005, 10:34 AM
Amen to Goshikisen!! Frequently it's Hard to believe that many of these posts are for PACIFIC FIGHTERS. I do have the whole IL2 set. But really did purchase Pacific Fighters for a PACIFIC based (naval)simulation so do not combine it with the European theater. Therefore, while I am glad to add new planes and other improvements to IL2 I really would like to see better support for and comments about only PF here and IL2 comments posted on that form's site.

NAFP_supah
03-12-2005, 11:19 AM
To the standaloners: THIS .... FORUM ..... IS .... ALSO .... MEANT .... FOR .... THE .... MERGED .... PRODUCT. Is that SO hard to understand? If you hate this forum so much, if you hate the product its about so much and if you dont like anything thats going to be in the patch feel free to get on with your lives and leave? Getting pissy in every thread about the upcoming patch and complaining how it doesn't instantaniously make this game in to the penultimate Pacific Air warfare simulator is just lame and getting old.

Buzzsaw-
03-12-2005, 11:22 AM
Salute

Ok, for those who can't do the deductive reasoning for themselves:

From Oleg Feb 11 2005

News on FB+AEP+PF development:

Currently in work:

- 3 maps (2+1 for a merget install FB+AEP+PF and one
(means the same +1 above) for PF)

- several new ground objects and possible vehicles.

New planes (or cockpits to make flyable)

Ki-100-I Ko (flyable. ready)

G4M1 (flyable. ready)

MC-200 (waiting from third party to put in engine and
program)

MC-202 (almost done in 3D engine)

MC-205 (waiting...)

Re-2000 (waiting...)

Re-2001 (waiting...)

Cr-32 (possibly AI)

Mosquito B.Mk.IV (currently AI)

Mosquito FB.Mk.VI (flyable)

Do-335 (working with the own external model)

Fokker D-XXI (AI)

Tempest Mk.V (AI, waiting for a cockpit)

Spitfire Mk.XIV (waiting for a cockpit)

Avia B-534 (AI)

CW-21 (need to be finsihed).

Fiat G-55 (waiting for a cockpit input)

J2M3 (ready cockpit)

B6N2 (ready external model in 3D engine, third party
working over cockpits)

Pe-2 (currently on a CD only for Russian market. I'm
sorry for this)

Ju-88A-4 (cockpit and the plane. Sorry need more rework.
We started it finally ourselves)

The list of aircraft above doesn't means that we will
have them all. It will depends of our loading with BoB
and conditions of these models that are done by third party.
Anyway I list the planes that has the best chance
to meet the virtual sky of Il-2-PF community.
Only the limit of time frame that we have ask us to
completely finish these (and some other planes) till mid
of the next month (march) and only in prefect conditions
(100% without bugs).

-------

Oleg in Simviation Forums Mar 1st

"Cockpit for Betty G4M1 will be in the next add-on for PF. But really there will be 5+1 more aircraft for PF only and 1 AI for a merget install in the next add-on.

US torpedo bombers there wll be no of them already.
Japanese - Yes."

(notice he says for PF ONLY, ie. the 5+1 and 1 AI are just the aircraft for the Pacific Theater)

---------

From the above it is reasonable to draw the following conclusions:

List #1 Guaranteed Flyable:

Looking at the above lists we know that the following are said by Oleg to be flyable and ready:

Ki-100-I Ko

G4M1

J2M3

Mosquito FB.Mk.VI

And in the Simviation forum, he says the Kate will also be flyable, so we can add it:

B6N2

So that is 5 flyable guaranteed, of which 4 are from the Pacific Theater.

List #2 AI Aircraft:

Looking at the list again, we see the following are listed as finished AI, with externals: (some are listed as possible flyable, but let's not count our chickens quite yet... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

Mosquito B.Mk.IV

Fokker D-XXI

Tempest Mk.V

Spitfire Mk.XIV

Avia B-534

List #3 Highly Probable Flyable:

MC-202

We know this aircraft is already finished as AI in the game, and we have seen a LOT of screenshots on this board of the cockpit, and Oleg has complimented the Club Med guys a lot so we know he is very positive about their work, so it is a safe bet to assume the Macchi with the DB601 will make it. Everyone cross their fingers. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

List #4 Flyable Status positive, but unclear:

This is a list of aircraft which we have seen a lot of screenshots of, including cockpits, but at the same time we don't know for sure if they are ready or whether or not they will be flyable. It includes some which are guaranteed AI.

CW-21

Everyone who wants can look at the Externals and cockpit shots of this plane on the development page. But at the same time, Oleg lists it as incomplete, and it seems there were some problems with the models. So it is not 100% that it will be ready. If I was betting man, I would say that it is very likely to be included, especially since Oleg said there would be 5 PF aircraft and this would make 5. But who knows?

Ju-88A

This is obviously already flying as AI in the game, and we know that Jippo put a lot of work into the cockpit, and has shown us many screenshots. But Oleg also has said there are enough problems with the modelling that the team at 1C Maddox had to take over the work themselves. Now I have never seen Oleg start something, and then not finish it. If he has put his team on finishing the cockpits for the Ju88A, then you would have to think that it WILL be finished.

So the chances are very good that it will be flyable, but not 100% guaranteed.

Tempest V

This one has been certified as AI, and many pictures of the cockpit have been shown on various boards, but there also have been many problems and it has been revised and redone several times. So it is not guaranteed, but you would have to believe it has a good chance of making it after all the effort which has been put into it.

Spitfire XIV

Oleg lists this as "waiting for cockpit". I have not seen any screenshots of the cockpit, but at the same time, the cockpit is supposed to be VERY similar to the cockpit in the Spitfire VIII, and that is already done. So perhaps a revision could be done relatively easily. But at the same time, sometimes it takes just as much time to revise an existing cockpit as it does to create a brand new one. This is an 'iffy' flyable.

List #5 Questionable whether plane will make it as either AI or Flyable:

MC-205

Cockpit shots of this plane have been posted, as well as lots of externals, but there is no guarantee that there won't be problems which will prevent it from being finished. On the other hand, we know the guys at Club Med are working hard.

Fiat G55

Oleg listed this one as "Waiting for cockpit input". Does that mean that the external model is already finished, and that it may be flyable? This is unclear. I have only seen a few models of the exterior of the G55, no cockpit shots. "Iffy"

Re-2000

Same except no cockpit shots, so unlikely flyable.

Re-2001

Same except no cockpit shots, so unlikely flyable.

CR-32

Questionable even as AI.

Do-335

Lots of screenshots of both cockpit and externals, which look great, and lots of effort put into it, but status unclear.

All of the above is speculation, and I would be happy to admit I am mistaken in any of my assumptions if anyone can prove otherwise, and feel free to do so. And of course, as Oleg said,

"The list of aircraft above doesn't means that we will
have them all. It will depends of our loading with BoB
and conditions of these models that are done by third party."

What would be really nice would be an announcement from Oleg, but he is probably working hard to make sure as many of these on the lists make it as possible. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Flakenstien
03-12-2005, 11:25 AM
I still don't understand why everyone still goes on about this patchhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
I mean look at it this way, when it is released us "dial-up" users will still have to wait too weeks, just to finish downloading it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif
I think the wrong people are complaining about the wrong things http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

NorrisMcWhirter
03-12-2005, 12:55 PM
Oh dear..More sycophantic posturing. Sometimes, I have the idea that Oleg doesn't even need to wipe; he has his own personal bidets at his beck and call.

Let us remember that it's knocking on for..what?...6 months since we'd be getting the planes that were missing from the CDs to download.

So what if there is more content? That's just compensation for the lies people were told in the first instance.

Yeah, yeah...so there's been good support in the past but things change...just like it seems like quantity is more important that quality these days.

Goshiken: You make a very valid point and I'd be annoyed if I was new to the series and just purchased PF. Now, call me cynical but including non-PT content would be a very good incentive for those with PF to go out and buy FB+Aces to appreciate it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Norris

Tuba2004
03-12-2005, 12:59 PM
Dear NAFP_supah,
If you would/ could read you would notice that I like bothboth IL2 and PF. Also that I prefer to fly aircraft that are found in the proper theater of the war. I have not found too many German bombers or fighters in the history of the Pacific but perhaps you are reading the new revised history. If others posting about the Pacific and requesting material to finish out PF is great annoyance to you then take your teddy and blankie and follow your own advice.
I was probably flying these things decades before you were even a thought in your parents mind.
P.S. It still is called Pacific Fighters Form even if it contains merged information for IL2, FB, Ace. I still agree and say <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Amen to Goshikisen!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Amen to Goshikisen!!

sapre
03-12-2005, 01:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NAFP_supah:
To the standaloners: THIS .... FORUM ..... IS .... ALSO .... MEANT .... FOR .... THE .... MERGED .... PRODUCT. Is that SO hard to understand? If you hate this forum so much, if you hate the product its about so much and if you dont like anything thats going to be in the patch feel free to get on with your lives and leave? Getting pissy in every thread about the upcoming patch and complaining how it doesn't instantaniously make this game in to the penultimate Pacific Air warfare simulator is just lame and getting old. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never knew you are the supreme overlord of the moderators! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

buz13
03-12-2005, 03:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crazyivan1970:
Some incorrect information here, but some of it true. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Besides, i find it kind of wrong to post something like this before the fact. Just my opinion. Nothing personal Buzz. I think Oleg earned the right to anounce what`s in the patch and what`s not. Just my honest opinion. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TOTALLY AGREE......
We did get an update from Oleg and those are the only ones I really am interested in......
other's just say silly things like "soon". http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

goshikisen
03-12-2005, 03:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NAFP_supah:
If you hate this forum so much, if you hate the product its about so much and if you dont like anything thats going to be in the patch feel free to get on with your lives and leave? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I neither hate the forum or the product... in fact, I have been a proponent of the series since it first came out. I think IL2 is great. All I and many others in this thread want is for PF to be given half the attention the earlier sims in the series got. History has taught us that Oleg doesn't do anything half-a$$ed but sadly that is what PF is.

I also find it both frustrating and amusing that many in this forum choose to oversimplify the issue and turn it into an "us vs. them" scenario. I'm not against Oleg or 1C... I support them. I'm just a consumer who bought a faulty product from a reputable company. If 1C is the Mercedes Benz of the sim world then I'm patiently awaiting my PF recall notice in the mail. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Regards, Goshikisen.

heywooood
03-12-2005, 03:29 PM
that statement is fair enough.

Ilya might have yanked our chain and left Oleg holding the bag....the same bag that kids would used to light on fire and leave on someones doorstep....

carguy_
03-12-2005, 03:54 PM
Better not have those high hopes.You might get dissapointed or something.

Platypus_1.JaVA
03-12-2005, 04:41 PM
It always amazes me. Such good news and still people want to complain...

goshikisen
03-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Amazing... why is it that those who criticise the folks who'd like to see PF given a fair shake invariably have either a Western or Eastern front aircraft in their sig? It's pretty funny actually.

Beirut
03-12-2005, 05:06 PM
While I would LOVE to have a Mosquito in the next patch, I would still love this sim if there was no next patch.

The complainers will always complain, but IL2+FB+ACE+PF is the zenith of flightsims. Looks great, tastes great, is great. This sim is FUN and there are always surprises lurking about waiting to be found.

If there are people out there who still aren't happy with this huge product, covering multiple theaters, 100+ planes, excellent graphics and flight models, carrier action, summer and winter modes, hundreds and hundreds of objects to use with the FMB, and LOTS OF FREE ADD-ONS WITH THE PATCHES, then they are just unhappy *****y people by nature and they should go play Baldur's Gate or D&D or some other bloody RPG and create a whining character to portray their inner self.

Me? Hell, I'm having way too much fun flying to complain. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

chris455
03-12-2005, 05:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Oh dear..More sycophantic posturing. Sometimes, I have the idea that Oleg doesn't even need to wipe; he has his own personal bidets at his beck and call.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel sorry for any person who could write something like this. Talk about misanthropic.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

@ Buzzsaw: The Kate is the B5N. The B6N of which Oleg speaks must be the Jill, no?

sapre
03-12-2005, 05:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Beirut:
While I would LOVE to have a Mosquito in the next patch, I would still love this sim if there was no next patch.

The complainers will always complain, but IL2+FB+ACE+PF is the zenith of flightsims. Looks great, tastes great, is great. This sim is FUN and there are always surprises lurking about waiting to be found.

If there are people out there who still aren't happy with this huge product, covering multiple theaters, 100+ planes, excellent graphics and flight models, carrier action, summer and winter modes, hundreds and hundreds of objects to use with the FMB, and LOTS OF FREE ADD-ONS WITH THE PATCHES, then they are just unhappy *****y people by nature and they should go play Baldur's Gate or D&D or some other bloody RPG and create a whining character to portray their inner self.

Me? Hell, I'm having way too much fun flying to complain. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

NorrisMcWhirter
03-12-2005, 06:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chris455:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Oh dear..More sycophantic posturing. Sometimes, I have the idea that Oleg doesn't even need to wipe; he has his own personal bidets at his beck and call.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel sorry for any person who could write something like this. Talk about misanthropic.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bollocks - replace your conjecture with 'realistic'. We all know that the fanboys have nothing else in their lives than this game so they defend it with their all. Those that don't have a different perspective.

Norris

chris455
03-12-2005, 06:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Bollocks - replace your conjecture with 'realistic'. We all know that the fanboys have nothing else in their lives than this game so they defend it with their all. Those that don't have a different perspective.

Norris
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
A very different "perspective" in some cases, it would seem. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

NorrisMcWhirter
03-12-2005, 06:40 PM
Yes, a more detached one. Check your sig to know what I mean and, of course, you know you are on the winning team because Oleg made it that way.

Check my sig for an alternative view. Now, I'm not saying that I'm right and you are wrong because I'm not that arrogant. I'm sure someone will take up the reins and tell me otherwise, in a suitably arrogant manner.

I used to actually ignore certain issues but now I know that's not the thing to do. Sorry, my old son, but that's the way I see things now.

Norris

LEXX_Luthor
03-12-2005, 06:49 PM
mmm, SiGworthy??

"dial-up users will still wait 2 weeks just to download the Patch" ~Flakenstein

Shrap
03-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Where can I find a list of what is going to be included in the patch?

Thanks.

chris455
03-12-2005, 07:47 PM
You can start by reading Buzzsaw's post. The one you're in. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Beirut
03-12-2005, 07:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sapre:

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

goshikisen
03-12-2005, 08:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Beirut:
The complainers will always complain, but IL2+FB+ACE+PF is the zenith of flightsims. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Love the IL2 series... just pulling for the runty underdog of the litter, Pacific Fighters.

You'd love a Mosquito and you're a Lancaster whiner... pattern emerging.

sapre
03-12-2005, 09:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sapre:

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have any intrest in Pacific Theatre?
If not, I can understand IL2+AEP+PF is the best WW2 air combat simulator around, despite its several flaws.
But as a Pacific Theatre lover, I have to say Pacific Fighters now is far from "zenith".

VW-IceFire
03-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Good lord you guys argue and whine alot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Yes the B5N is the Kate while the B6N is the Jill. There really isn't a huge difference between the two when you come down to it. Still, the Jill was better protected, had a nice little belly gun for the low six approaches, was a bit faster, but apparently didn't have very good handling.

Spectre-63
03-12-2005, 10:42 PM
It's all becoming clear now...

those that bought PF to have additional aircraft for their Euro theaters (or primarily fly within the ETO) are perfectly happy with the state of PF and it's coming patch

those that were silly enough to believe that PF would have the same depth and breadth of simulation as the previous titles, or are primarily flying the PTO, aren't.

chris455
03-12-2005, 11:27 PM
Good lord you guys argue and whine alot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Yes the B5N is the Kate while the B6N is the Jill. There really isn't a huge difference between the two when you come down to it. Still, the Jill was better protected, had a nice little belly gun for the low six approaches, was a bit faster, but apparently didn't have very good handling. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed all the way around, but two entirely different planes, yes?
So, I wonder which one will be the flyable?

sapre
03-13-2005, 12:27 AM

Yes the B5N is the Kate while the B6N is the Jill. There really isn't a huge difference between the two when you come down to it. Still, the Jill was better protected, had a nice little belly gun for the low six approaches, was a bit faster, but apparently didn't have very good handling. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You call a speed diffarence of 100kmh "a bit"!?

NorrisMcWhirter
03-13-2005, 03:33 AM

You call a speed diffarence of 100kmh "a bit"!? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, stop whining(!) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Norris

EnGaurde
03-13-2005, 04:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I feel sorry for any person who could write something like this. Talk about misanthropic <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you sir, are a serial whiner with some kind of self righteous streak thats a mile wide. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

what the original post says, is true.

some people will see half empty, other will see half full, and some will see just half a glass of water. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

the rest, are just incessant complainers that nothing can satisfy.

i hope Oleg ignores your type, chris455. I so seriously do, as i dont want your nastiness in ANY sim i pay for.

i like the sim, despite is shortcomings, and im happy to wait whilst its updated.

but of course, you wont accept this. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

you write misanthropic and yet you feel sorry for any person??

all the whiners over this sim are a very telling argument against listeing to the consumer.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

NAFP_supah
03-13-2005, 04:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by goshikisen:
Amazing... why is it that those who criticise the folks who'd like to see PF given a fair shake invariably have either a Western or Eastern front aircraft in their sig? It's pretty funny actually. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I enjoy the PTO action quite a lot but haven't played any campaigns because of the huge gaps in them timeline wise. Which is due to maps basically. But lets face it, badgering anyone who is excited about upcoming content for the merged version just because you (in general, not you specifically) just have the Stand alone install is just rude and unhelpfull.

I am not the extreme overlord of the moderators but it seems that some of these "Standalone-complainers" get to tell everyone, including the dev team members, to shut up and either do as they demand or go away I am atleast entitled to tell them what I think of that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DuxCorvan
03-13-2005, 04:31 AM
You guys kill me! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

My posture in this matter is not so radical, tho. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

But if I think I must be kind and tender to a lady after just half an hour of pleasure, shouldn't I be at least a little comforting to poor Oleg, who has given me hundreds of hours of -less intense, that's true- fun? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

As for the add-on patch, I'd rather wait and see what comes from the kitchen before I criticize the cook... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

NorrisMcWhirter
03-13-2005, 04:45 AM
In pursuit of a cooking analogy, I suspect the patch will be a 'fun pub big plate' main course (lots of it but not of a particulary good quality and, while filling at first, leaves you feeling hungry again after a few hours) with the bit what was missing from your starter thrown unceremoniously on top of it.

Oh, and axis fliers will get the sh*ts 24 hours after consuming it.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Norris

goshikisen
03-13-2005, 08:01 AM
But lets face it, badgering anyone who is excited about upcoming content for the merged version just because you (in general, not you specifically) just have the Stand alone install is just rude and unhelpfull.

I am not the extreme overlord of the moderators but it seems that some of these "Standalone-complainers" get to tell everyone, including the dev team members, to shut up and either do as they demand or go away I am atleast entitled to tell them what I think of that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hyperbole for effect? You're painting a picture here of a situation that doesn't exist. I don't see anybody badgering anyone in here much less being rude to each other... a bit heated but not overtly rude.

If we keep an even keel we may be able to have some useful dialogue here. As the cliche goes "it ain't over until the fat lady sings" and I still want Oleg to at least consider giving PF the same attention he gave his other products.

joeap
03-13-2005, 08:17 AM
As a fellow IJN fan I support what you are saying Goshikisen and applaud your style in putting forth your viewpoint.

Grey_Wolf59th
03-13-2005, 08:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crazyivan1970:
The power that is giving to me says to keep my mouth shut http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I am not discussing anything beta related until Oleg asked me. It`s been always the case http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol,,,Excellent come back crazyivan1970,telling it the way it is and the way it should be:

(G-W59th((clicks heels together,with a snap salute))

chris455
03-13-2005, 10:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
you sir, are a serial whiner with some kind of self righteous streak thats a mile wide. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

what the original post says, is true.

some people will see half empty, other will see half full, and some will see just half a glass of water. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

the rest, are just incessant complainers that nothing can satisfy.

i hope Oleg ignores your type, chris455. I so seriously do, as i dont want your nastiness in ANY sim i pay for.

i like the sim, despite is shortcomings, and im happy to wait whilst its updated.

but of course, you wont accept this. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

you write misanthropic and yet you feel sorry for _any_ person??

all the whiners over this sim are a very telling argument _against_ listeing to the consumer.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Enguarde, would you care to quote me in some of these "whines" you say I make? Your post makes no sense, relating to me, whatsoever. Oh I forgot, you don't like to show proof of any claims you make.
As far as your statement:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>what the original post says, is true.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you are referring to Buzzsaw's original post, I couldn't agree more, so what's your problem?
Never mind.
Maybe you should read the whole thread.

(I think he's still smarting from the shellacking he got in the Hurri vs Wildcat thread.) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

("serial whiner"? Chris455 shakes head, wonders what alchemy of convoluted logic was used to come up with that one............ http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif)

KGr.HH-Sunburst
03-13-2005, 05:42 PM
gawd this can be such an hectic place http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

i just got GT4, i can care less when the patch comes and whats in it, i trust Oleg and im sure it will be a blast when we get it
for now im hooked to GT4 so take ur time Oleg
it will be done when its done http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

TooMuchCheese
03-14-2005, 05:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KGr.HH-Sunburst:
gawd this can be such an hectic place http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

i just got GT4, i can care less when the patch comes and whats in it, i trust Oleg and im sure it will be a blast when we get it
for now im hooked to GT4 so take ur time Oleg
it will be done when its done http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

EXACTLY. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Diablo310th
03-14-2005, 06:15 AM
I'm one of these people that want MORE MORE MORE. However...I really can't get too excited unless we can get the US torpedo bombers and the P-47M&N and F4u-4.

MajorBloodnok
03-14-2005, 06:33 AM
I'm quite relaxed about the up-coming patch. It's the one after that that's getting me all excited. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

MiamiEagle
03-14-2005, 09:09 AM
I do not now obout you guys, But I"am ready to wait untill July if it included a Map of Japan and the whole Solomon chain. Perhaps Malaysia plus Burma. Luckly we aready have most of the Significant US planes of the Pacific war. With the exception of dive Bombers most are included. But we do need more Japanese Bombers. At least make them AI. for the momment.

It seems the new patch is dedicated to the European Theater one more time. That does not excite me.

The Forgotten Battle while not complete is a lot more advance in development than the Pacific has been.

I feel let down some what.Evendow I like your products very much and your professionalism and dedication to our hooby. I still feel disappointed with the limitions of the Pacific Theater development.

I hope you can at least pass on the missing parts of this program to third parties so they can complete this project for you.

I think we as a dedicated costumers of yours we deserve at least that much.

Thank you

Miamieagle

SaQSoN
03-14-2005, 09:41 AM
This whole thread is an exhample of how rumors and speculations grow into something absolutely real in some people's minds.
I already see posts, that will appear a day after the 3.05 is out: "We were promissed to get a gazillion of new planes in 3.05, but where are they?! Maddox cheated us again!" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BTW, this patch will have only 1 (ONE!) plane specific for European theater only and 2 (TWO!) planes, useable for both theaters. All other planes there are for the PTO only!

Beirut
03-14-2005, 09:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
Do you have any intrest in Pacific Theatre?
If not, I can understand IL2+AEP+PF is the best WW2 air combat simulator around, despite its several flaws.
But as a Pacific Theatre lover, I have to say Pacific Fighters now is far from "zenith". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess I'm just too busy having fun to spend all my time looking for faults.

Do you remember the concept of fun?

Anyway you look at it, as things are right now, this is THE BEST combat prop-flight sim around. Nothing else comes close. So why spend your limited time whining about what it could or should be and just settle down and have some fun with.

Call it a game or a sim or whatever, just get a beer, build a few missions and kick back for a few hours of FUN. That's what it's all about!

chris455
03-14-2005, 09:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SaQSoN:
This whole thread is an exhample of how rumors and speculations grow into something absolutely real in some people's minds.
I already see posts, that will appear a day after the 3.05 is out: "We were promissed to get a gazillion of new planes in 3.05, but where are they?! Maddox cheated us again!" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BTW, this patch will have only 1 (ONE!) plane specific for European theater only and 2 (TWO!) planes, useable for both theaters. All other planes there are for the PTO only! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SaQson, are you forgetting the Italian planes?
They are MTO , but there were (I think) about four of them-
S!
Chris

Dexmeister
03-14-2005, 10:05 AM
The best way for us to determine the greatness of the patch is for an unbiased test to take place. I think I'd make a good tester, and provided with the patch I will gladly dispel the myths and distruths in this situation, so that the rest of you know once and for all, how great/ungreat the patch truly is or is not. Oh, and if provided with the patch I also promise to come back and post a "MUA HA HA HA HA, Na na na na na" for the rest of you.

What say ye, powers that be? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

plumps_
03-14-2005, 10:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chris455:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SaQSoN:

BTW, this patch will have only 1 (ONE!) plane specific for European theater only and 2 (TWO!) planes, useable for both theaters. All other planes there are for the PTO only! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SaQson, are you forgetting the Italian planes?
They are MTO , but there were (I think) about four of them-
S!
Chris <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Who told you that there will be Italian planes in the patch? I mean besides Buzzsaw-, who knows nothing ...

It's probably better to delete this thread...

daloon
03-14-2005, 10:15 AM
The Ides of March is nearly upon us!

Ides need a patch to see the flights more clearly!

chris455
03-14-2005, 10:29 AM
Orinally posted by Plumps:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Who told you that there will be Italian planes in the patch? I mean besides Buzzsaw-, who knows nothing ...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some guy by the name of Oleg. Maybe he doesn't know anything either? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=63110913&m=8471088572

plumps_
03-14-2005, 10:30 AM
Where does he state that all of this will be in 3.05?

You need to put this into a perspective. Oleg also said:
- We have enough 3rd-party models to keep us busy for a long time
- We will support FB for a long time.

Philipscdrw
03-14-2005, 10:31 AM
Thanks Buzzsaw (what happened to the 'RAF-'?), it's good to be reminded of what we're going to get. I haven't been here consistently enough to catch every hint of what we're getting, so I'm grateful for your post. I wasn't even aware that Luthier had run away - I noted his absense but assumed he was just busy with professional work...

I got PF on release day in the UK, and I'm not happy about the Betty and the other PF '3rd disk' content being delayed for so many months - IMO, that should have been released in the same week as the CD. But I'm very happy about the other content, which is graciously included for free - no other developer/publisher provides this much after-market, free stuff.

I would be very happy if Oleg would give us first-hand information about the patch - it would make the wait easier. Or it would give us nice arguments in the forum until it is released. But for me, I have until Friday to use my yoke - after that I go home for 3 weeks, where the desk is too thick to hold the yoke, and I will play SH3 instead.

chris455
03-14-2005, 10:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by plumps_:
Where does he state that all of this will be in 3.05? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must not have seen it the first time:

He does not specifically say 3.05. He does not specifically discount it, either.
So, fingers crossed, eh? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
BTW, you are correct in pointing out his other comments, they may bear on the availability of the Italian planes. But something has to have taken all this time. Also Oleg himself states that the A/C listed above are the ones that have the "best chance" of being included. (no promises).
So I think a little guarded optimism isn't too far out of line.

plumps_
03-14-2005, 10:37 AM
Yes better delete this thread before more people get fooled ...

Everybody please read SaQSoN's post again. SaQSoN knows the patch. Buzzsaw doesn't.

I already see posts, that will appear a day after the 3.05 is out: "We were promissed to get a gazillion of new planes in 3.05, but where are they?! Maddox cheated us again!"

plumps_
03-14-2005, 10:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by plumps_:
Where does he state that all of this will be in 3.05? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must not have seen it the first time:

He does not _specifically_ say 3.05. He does not specifically discount it, either.
So, fingers crossed, eh? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
BTW, you are correct in pointing out his other comments, they may bear on the availability of the Italian planes. But_ something_ has to have taken all this time. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on, you know that Oleg's team is very busy with the development of BOB.

You know that Buzzsaw's posting is wrong because SaQSon told you.

Why do you keep repeating this?

unseen84
03-14-2005, 10:47 AM
I don't even care anymore. Its a shame PF won't be all it could have been. Not enough ships or maps, and what happened to the Devastator? Will it still be there or did the "lawyers" shoot it down too? The patch will come when it comes, if it comes.

SaQSoN
03-14-2005, 10:48 AM
What definitely will not be in the nearest patch - are italian planes, since they aren't all even ported in the game graphics engine, not mentioning the physics and animation modelling, which hasn't even been started yet.
So, telling you again: do not turn speculations into a hard proof. And do not fool yourself by expecting too much for not to be dissapointed later.
Better, expect less - then you'll be excited by surprizes. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

chris455
03-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Plumps,
Based on Saqson's very unequivocal statement above, I retract my argument for the Italian planes being in the next patch. Thank you for your input.
S!
@ SaQson. re: above post. Point taken. Hopefully they will be included in a future patch.

Capt._Tenneal
03-14-2005, 11:00 AM
What _definitely_ will _not_ be in the nearest patch - are italian planes, since they aren't all even ported in the game graphics engine, not mentioning the physics and animation modelling, which hasn't even been started yet.
So, telling you again: do not turn speculations into a hard proof. And do not fool yourself by expecting too much for not to be dissapointed later.
<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Better, expect less - then you'll be excited by surprizes.</span> http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's why I have the best solution -- expect NO Patch ! That's right, if you expect no more patches to come then even a 500 kb download will be a cause for celebration ! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

goshikisen
03-14-2005, 11:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by unseen84:
I don't even care anymore. Its a shame PF won't be all it could have been. Not enough ships or maps, and what happened to the Devastator? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With each passing day interest wanes... I hope the Russians are familiar with the old adage "strike while the iron's hot".

The ironic thing is I don't think anybody would have got their knickers in a twist if Oleg's dev. updates showed strong support for PF. It would have been expected as PF was the latest product and attention would have been rightly focused on it.

As the Warrant Officer in my infantry regiment used to tell us... "expect the worst and you won't be disappointed". I should have heard his voice in my head when I read "extra content that couldn't fit on the 2nd CD will be released real soon-like" in the PF read me.

PF needs more ships.

Regards, Goshikisen.

BfHeFwMe
03-14-2005, 12:51 PM
Boy I hope this guy isn't on the testing team, you can't get a much bigger axe than he constantly grinds away on.

Hilarious, rudders are shot out in his P-47, doing rolling scissors and winning against a 190, he thinks this is normal. Nuff said.

DIRTY-MAC
03-14-2005, 01:49 PM
wasn´t there any post from some that had contact with Oleg, who sait that Oleg Co.s have all moved on to BoB, and there is just one person left who
is working to finish the PF patches?

EnGaurde
03-14-2005, 03:37 PM
theres so much bullsh!t flying around, heresay and conjecture about this patch that its most unwise to believe anything anyone says.

and still the pointless debate goes on....

Lewicide
03-14-2005, 04:29 PM
Yeah....and ain't it fun http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

I'm just hoping for the flyable Betty, anything more is a major league gift...but

I wouldn't want to miss out on the great speculating punt-o thon.

One AC specific to PTO and not Italian (doesn't say flyable) weeeellll, there's the Avia the Tempest, the Ju-88 the Do-335 or the Spit XIV.

All need work, from last report the 88 has gone in-house for work, Tempest needed a 'pit, 335 externals, Spit and Avia needed 'pits.

My guess is for the ETO specific AC isss (drum roll)....

Tempest V AI http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

But I could easily be completely wrong http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

DuxCorvan
03-14-2005, 05:53 PM
AI DC-3! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

SaQSoN, given the sombre tone of your post, now I'll be happy if Maddox does not release a virus! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

LEXX_Luthor
03-14-2005, 07:40 PM
I like that most new planes will be PF....PF is getting me interested in finally learning about Pacific.

I DON'T like that most maps will be for Euro FB. Eastern Front will always be my Fave but we most need Large Simplified Pacific maps covering many islands for unique combat environment not possible on any FBP map...

Simplified to help the map makers program ~very~ Large maps....

No Roads
No Airfields
No Building Objects
No Palm Trees http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
No Rivers (maybe a few of very largest rivers for navigation over largest islands)

Anything to get this done. We need large multi~island Pacific maps more than anything else no matter what Simplifications it takes to help the map makers.

We place our own Objects where our missions need them--at takeoff and target. Test Runways better represent historical times of airfield existence.

chris455
03-14-2005, 11:06 PM
You are so right, Lexx. Maps are PF's weakest feature at present. Maybe one day this can be addressed.
S!

SaQSoN
03-14-2005, 11:35 PM
The prblem with large size map is actually your computer specs. Simply to load a map, which will include New Britain, Solomons and Eastern New Guinea with Lae and Port Morsby, into the game engine it would require 8-10 GB of RAM, or something like this! I am not sure if such PC even exist...
So, I doubt we will see that large maps for PF.

Scharnhorst1943
03-14-2005, 11:50 PM
not only fps but flight time while transiting those maps will be a killer in online and offline play.

chris455
03-14-2005, 11:51 PM
That's too bad.
BTW SaQson, if you're the one who did the Corsair, great job. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Griffon_25th
03-15-2005, 12:13 AM
the patch was canceled, Im olegs sons uncles dad.

LEXX_Luthor
03-15-2005, 12:16 AM
Thanks SaQSoN.

SaQSoN, we can easily load and run 400km Gulf of Finland map with 500,000 Building Objects, hundreds of Rivers (especially up north in Finland), all the Roads. We can run a much larger map of mostly Pacific water and just islands covered with jungle texture.

What if the maps were simplified...

No Roads
No Airfields
No Building Objects
No Palm Tree Objects
No Rivers
No Bridges

IanBoys told me the fixed map Objects are less demanding than the FMB placed Building Objects. But on a large map, we only place a very few Building Objects where we need them for a specific mission or set of missions. These few Objects would have less performance hit than all the fixed Objects covering the whole map.

A few of large airfields that existed at the beginning of the war may be possible fixed on the map, but the later airfields can be Static Test Runways. The reason is the same you gave us two (2) Guadacanal maps--early map with Japanese airfield and Tulagi seaplane base, and one map with later USA airfields.

A few of the very largest Rivers would be "okay" to navigate over the largest islands.

AI ground objects don't need Roads except to cross River bridges. There just are not that many Roads in Pacific jungle islands. We don't need them if No Roads helps you make large maps.

Large maps are so important for simulating Pacific air warfare.

SaQSoN
03-15-2005, 01:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>BTW SaQson, if you're the one who did the Corsair, great job <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. I didn't do anything for the F4U.
I did the Essex, Ki-61 externals and cockpit, SBD-5 external and participated in the F4F and P-40B cockpits. Also some ground objects. Now we are working on more PTO stuff, and believe me, there are a lots of it. Not counting the Betty and Ki-100, which will be in the nearest patch. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LEXX_Luthor, the "Gulf of Finland" map is about 6 (or even 8) times smaller, then the area, I was reffering to in the previous post.
Even loading such map terrain, without any static objects will require the ammount of RAM, not available in any Windows PC.
Mind, that this sim was developed long time ago and back then they didn't even thought this engine will be used for the PTO. Thus, there wasn't need for the large map area support.
As far, as I know, BoB will have new terrain engine, suporting much larger land areas. But for the PF, we hardly will see that huge maps.

From other hand, it would be nice, if we could have another NG map, stretched form North to South, having Lae at the top and Port Morsby at the bottom and Buna in the middle. It's size will be about the same, as current NG map and will add more historical missions possiblities.
Also, may be it would be a good idea to have a "generic/online" map, resembling the Solomons area, but in 1:2 or 1:4 scale. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LEXX_Luthor
03-15-2005, 02:44 AM
SaQSoN...Ki~61 ?? Aussom!

SaQSaN <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Also, may be it would be a good idea to have a "generic/online" map, resembling the Solomons area, but in 1:2 or 1:4 scale. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Rabaul-Guadacanal is 1000km.

1:2 scale Rabaul-Guadacanal is 500km ~~> close to Finland map size.

1:4 scale Wewak-Guadacanal is 500km. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

1:4 could work ....include San Cristobol island just East of Guadacanal, and the Admiralty islands above Wewak/Lae can be ~very~ useful in a campaign.

SaQSoN, <span class="ev_code_yellow">do what you must</span>, bring us multiple-island maps so we advance to next island toward enemy (or get pushed back by enemy).

Also please don't forget Dutch East Indies. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif Java, Celebes, etc...1:4 scale if you must.

Any chance of selling Map CD for FB/PF ?

SaQSoN
03-15-2005, 04:08 AM
Sorry, I do not decide what and when to do. I just do, what I am ordered to. Besides, my labour resources aren't endless and I (my team) can't do everything. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
So, regarding the new maps, I can only ask Oleg, Luthier, Ubi, whomever else is in charge of this project to make them. Just like any other player/fan of this game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif So, please, do not ask me to do them. I do not decide anything.

PS I just thought, my previous post may be alittle misinterpreted at som part. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif So, here's a discalimer: I do not have anything to do with the Ki-100 or Betty. Both were made by 1C stuff in Moscow. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Aeronautico
03-15-2005, 05:29 AM
Good to read these little bits of news SaQSoN, keep'em coming! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Can't be a little more specific on PF content you're working on?

jeanba2
03-15-2005, 05:33 AM

From other hand, it would be nice, if we could have another NG map, stretched form North to South, having Lae at the top and Port Morsby at the bottom and Buna in the middle. It's size will be about the same, as current NG map and will add more historical missions possiblities.
Also, may be it would be a good idea to have a "generic/online" map, resembling the Solomons area, but in 1:2 or 1:4 scale. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both are excellent ideas http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

sapre
03-15-2005, 08:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>BTW SaQson, if you're the one who did the Corsair, great job <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. I didn't do anything for the F4U.
I did the Essex, Ki-61 externals and cockpit, SBD-5 external and participated in the F4F and P-40B cockpits. Also some ground objects. Now we are working on more PTO stuff, and believe me, there are a lots of it. Not counting the Betty and Ki-100, which will be in the nearest patch. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LEXX_Luthor, the "Gulf of Finland" map is about 6 (or even 8) times smaller, then the area, I was reffering to in the previous post.
Even loading such map terrain, without any static objects will require the ammount of RAM, not available in any Windows PC.
Mind, that this sim was developed long time ago and back then they didn't even thought this engine will be used for the PTO. Thus, there wasn't need for the large map area support.
As far, as I know, BoB will have new terrain engine, suporting much larger land areas. But for the PF, we hardly will see that huge maps.

Also, may be it would be a good idea to have a "generic/online" map, resembling the Solomons area, but in 1:2 or 1:4 scale. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is "no more ships" true?

Buzzsaw-
03-15-2005, 08:40 AM
Salute SaQSoN

Before you start accusing me of exaggerating and being misinformed, then perhaps you'd like to look back at my two posts in this thread and see what planes I suggested are guaranteed of being in the patch:

I quote from myself in my second post:

"...we know that the following are said by Oleg to be flyable and ready:

Ki-100-I Ko

G4M1

J2M3

Mosquito FB.Mk.VI

And in the Simviation forum, he says the Kate will also be flyable, so we can add it:

B5N2"

And those are taken from this post BY OLEG:

Has Oleg changed his mind?? Are the planes I listed now NOT going to be in the patch?????

By the way, in regards to the Italian planes, NONE of which I suggested were guaranteed of being included, maybe you will notice that no less than SEVEN Italian planes are mentioned in his post by Oleg.

Why does he specifically list them if there isn't a strong possibility that they are to be included?

If the Italian planes are NOT to be included, then I would suggest there be another post, and that the moderators NOT leave his post of February 11th up there at the top of the UBISOFT OLEG'S READY ROOM forum for all to read.

Secondly, not once, but twice in my posts, I included the comment by Oleg that:

"The list of aircraft above doesn't means that we will have them all. It will depends of our loading with BoB and conditions of these models that are done by third party. Anyway I list the planes that has the best chance to meet the virtual sky of Il-2-PF community."

Ie. these ARE NOT GUARANTEED TO BE IN THE PATCH.

However, you will also notice that Oleg says: "...Anyway I list the planes that has the BEST chance to meet the virtual sky..."

Ie. the Italian planes, and the other planes listed, have the BEST chance of any aircraft which have been started as modelling projects.

Maybe you'd like to explain who am I supposed to place my belief in, other than the designer of this Sim? If he provides a list, and says THESE planes are to be flyable and THESE planes have the best chance of being in it, then I have to take him at his word.

As I said, if this post is NO LONGER IN DATE, then it should be REMOVED by the moderators of the ORR board.

Frankly I find this whole thing laughable.

Here I place a supportive post on the boards, to encourage others to be patient, and put their trust in Oleg, and I get dumped on from both sides. That is not unexpected from the usual pathetic bunch of WHINERS who complain at the slightest drop of a hat, but now I am getting dumped on from those who CLAIM they are on the inside.

So far I have not seen any other posts by Oleg detailing exactly what aircraft are going to be in the patch, whether there is to be another patch after this upcoming one, and what exactly we can expect in the future.

Until I hear from him, I will rely on what he has posted, not something from someone who CLAIMS to know everything.

I'll be happy to be proved wrong BY OLEG. (and by Oleg alone, or by someone who speaks for him, ie. CRAZY IVAN)

I still happen to believe that Oleg WILL do his best to provide us with as many aircraft as he possibly can, within the limitations of time and the resources of 1C Maddox. And I think the rest of the community would be wise to have some patience and reflect on the quality of what we have received in the past from Oleg.

Buzzsaw

Aeronautico
03-15-2005, 08:47 AM
I now believe 3.05 will include fixes, maps, and a few aircraft and other 3D stuff, but the real add-on with MUCH more content (including probably most of the Italian birds) will come later, maybe (my conjecture) even as another pay add-on.

DRB_Hookech0
03-15-2005, 08:55 AM

I dont think we have ever asked for a map from Guadalcanal all the way to Rabual. But a map of New Georgia to Vella Lavella sould be very doable. Vella Lavella to Choiseul should also be doable. Then Vella Lavella to the southern end of Bougainville and Shortland Island should also be doable. Even if some of the distances are shortened or scaled down a little.

Also Lea to Cape Gloualster (sp?) looks doable.

You see we dont need on big all encompasing map...we need stepping stones. These would allow us to include the major airbases of both sides and thus the air war over and around them. I mean the plane set we have currently is exactly the plane set for this campaign. What good are 1945 maps and planes for the Japanese if the US side (which whatever way you cut it was the majority player in the PTO in terms of numbers and size) is locked into a '41 to mid '44 plane set?

LEXX_Luthor
03-15-2005, 09:01 AM
Buzzsaw, pay attention please. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Oleg did NOT post about what is in 3.05 Patch.

Oleg posted about all future Patches.

We hope this is clear enough for you to understand.

Buzzsaw may be trying to make people think all this content will be in Patch 3.05, knowing what will happen if its not. hehe http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif Very Clever.

DRB:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I dont think we have ever asked for a map from Guadalcanal all the way to Rabual. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes we did http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ...from the opening of PF forum. But whatever it takes to make it possible. Tarawaw map is 1000km wide, so its possible to make large maps with islands.

Buzzsaw-
03-15-2005, 09:04 AM
Luthor

A typical comment from you. No doubt a tactic which you might think of.

If you bothered to check the threads around various boards, including SimHQ, you will notice that I always suggest people have patience when waiting for a patch.

People have characterized me as a 'fanboy' too.

Which is also bull. I do sometimes have valid criticism of the Sim which I am not afraid to post. But I make sure I back my comments up with data. One of the major reasons you have a decently modelled P-47 now, (remember the rollrate issue?) is because of my, (and others) dilegent collection of data which convinced Oleg to make changes.

And by the way, Oleg said on a number of occasions there would only be one more patch.

If that has changed, then the community should know.

LEXX_Luthor
03-15-2005, 09:06 AM
Well, then we ask you to Pay Attention please. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Oleg did NOT post about what is in 3.05 Patch.

Oleg posted about all future Patches. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

btw, I resisted your idea in other thread about 1:2 scale maps, but if SaQSoN can support it, who am I to Whine about it? Great idea if that is what it takes to make it happen. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

AlmightyTallest
03-15-2005, 12:59 PM
I like Hookech0's idea. We may not need these huge maps. Perhaps we could get "stepping stone" maps that fall within the required map size for PF, but with multiple maps of the region that could allow the player to "advance" up an island chain or Guadalcanal for example to another map that emcompasses a new area.

Sounds like a good idea to me, and perhaps it could work out online and for us offliners when playing the campaigns?

JG51Beolke
03-15-2005, 01:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt._Tenneal:
Oleg is a godsend to broadband providers. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I know I only made the switch to getting broadband so I can download the 100+ mb patches that come every once in a while. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And Hardware Vendors..............

SaQSoN
03-15-2005, 01:56 PM
I can't tell what I am working on now. Mainly, because I don't know when and how it will be released. Imagine a situation, when someone will decide, that this projects are due in the next patch, while some of them are barely started so far. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Besides, I was asked not to talk about it.

As for the maps, the main problem with them (as I see it) is that there is not enough time and labour resources to make more maps currently.
Guys in Moscow are busy with BoB and with inserting lots of new planes for future patches, 3rd party developers with map eidtors are also busy with other FB and PF related (but not map-related) projects.
So, actually, I wouldn't expect many new maps for PF. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif However, I would not give up the hope completely either. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And finally. Buzzsaw, I don't accuse anybody. I just worn you to not expect more, then developers can provide in one little patch. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Though, I still agree with you - the patch is going to be great (actually it is already), despite the fact, it will include much less, then you listed initially. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
As for the what's in the 3.05, better read Aeronautico's post. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TooMuchCheese
03-15-2005, 02:32 PM
Sounds good to me....so kick back guys and quit speculating ad nauseum, the patch will be out when its ready anything else is speculation and pissing in the wind.

Griffon_25th
03-15-2005, 06:35 PM
how could you do maps in different sizes? like 1:2 to 1:4....it would take half to the time to go from point A to B?

heywooood
03-15-2005, 07:09 PM
small patch - big patch...its all the same in the dark.

I dont care what or when...just as long as I can still get patch once in awhile....

I love the patch.

Scharnhorst1943
03-15-2005, 09:32 PM
Could the maps be made in photoshop or a like program. The maps are basically 3-d modeled groundwork with varied layers for trees or fields, right? So in adition to adding layers you could also half the dimensions of the are of map. Just a thought, don't know if it will accually work or not. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

d.burnette
03-15-2005, 11:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by heywooood:
small patch - big patch...its all the same in the dark.

I dont care what or when...just as long as I can still get patch once in awhile....

I love the patch. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh heh, I remember when a " patch" was to correct issues, bugs, etc...

All of this talk and worry about what new objects, planes, maps, etc are in the patch is amazing...

How do you guys find the time to fly what we have now, and spend all this time here discussing what is or is not included in the next patch?

LEXX_Luthor
03-16-2005, 12:52 AM
burnette:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>How do you guys find the time to fly what we have now...? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Of course, we don't fly all of them all the time.

But, the more planes, the more we can Choose to fly something you don't. That may be why you are having Fits about this. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Van Alien
03-16-2005, 12:52 AM
For Musicians:
A
Pitchy Pitchy Patchy
E
Pitchy Pitchy Patch
Pitchy Pitchy Patchy
A
Pitchy Pitchy Patch
D
Pitchy Pitchy Patchy
A
Pitchy Pitchy Patch
E
Pitchy Pitchy Patchy
A
Patch Patch Pitchy Paaaaaatch :II
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
it´s getting spring outside, don´t care about the patch too much, people, it´s coming...