View Full Version : Relative demerits of Fw190A & P-47 views

Ratsack
06-17-2006, 05:18 AM
In continuation of an OT offshoot of this topic in ORR:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/9831086844/p/4

Brain32,

Summarising Kocur€s very well-put argument for sake of brevity:

If we accept the following premises:

1. the noses of razorback and bubbletop P-47s have the same length and contours;

2. that the gun sight of the razorbacks is too low in-game; and

3. that you can definitely see more over the nose of the bubbletop in-game.

Then it follows that if the gun sight of the razor backs was raised to the correct height, it would provide the same view over the nose as the bubbletops.

It suffers exactly the same issue as the Fw190. I said it was worse before. I retract that. I reckon they€re about the same on close examination. There seems to me to be the roughly the same amount of arc obscured under the pipper.

cheers,
Ratsack

Ratsack
06-17-2006, 05:18 AM
In continuation of an OT offshoot of this topic in ORR:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/9831086844/p/4

Brain32,

Summarising Kocur€s very well-put argument for sake of brevity:

If we accept the following premises:

1. the noses of razorback and bubbletop P-47s have the same length and contours;

2. that the gun sight of the razorbacks is too low in-game; and

3. that you can definitely see more over the nose of the bubbletop in-game.

Then it follows that if the gun sight of the razor backs was raised to the correct height, it would provide the same view over the nose as the bubbletops.

It suffers exactly the same issue as the Fw190. I said it was worse before. I retract that. I reckon they€re about the same on close examination. There seems to me to be the roughly the same amount of arc obscured under the pipper.

cheers,
Ratsack

stansdds
06-17-2006, 06:50 AM
The major changes in the real P-47's was the windscreen, canopy, and the top of the fuselage aft of the cockpit. As far as I know, seat height remained the same, so the only improvement in forward view would have been the elimination of the center brace in the windscreen. At the end of the day, Oleg and his teams got a lot of things right, they also got a lot of things wrong and most of the mistakes could have been avoided by doing a little more research.