PDA

View Full Version : It is early enough to forward this idea.

XyZspineZyX
10-08-2003, 07:34 AM
I would like to see what the community would think of Oleg making an MMORPG out of their next project (BoB) instead of solely a stand-alone product, which has been done a gazillion times already. Persistent gameworld, character developement, player controlled logistics, etc.

I would envision Oleg's excellent AI filling spots that humans are unavailable for, be it a crew position in an individual aircraft, ground crew, officers in command/ control and logistics, or even whole formations if necessary. The key is to always have a lively and immersive enviroment, even during periods of low player population.

The players that come in during off peak hours deserve to participate in fun and rewarding experiences, too. No sense in forcing them to fly for hours on end looking for someone to engage.

Many, many more cool ideas are swimming around my head atm, but I'll stop here for now and see what the community thinks about the whole MMORPG thing.

XyZspineZyX
10-08-2003, 07:34 AM
I would like to see what the community would think of Oleg making an MMORPG out of their next project (BoB) instead of solely a stand-alone product, which has been done a gazillion times already. Persistent gameworld, character developement, player controlled logistics, etc.

I would envision Oleg's excellent AI filling spots that humans are unavailable for, be it a crew position in an individual aircraft, ground crew, officers in command/ control and logistics, or even whole formations if necessary. The key is to always have a lively and immersive enviroment, even during periods of low player population.

The players that come in during off peak hours deserve to participate in fun and rewarding experiences, too. No sense in forcing them to fly for hours on end looking for someone to engage.

Many, many more cool ideas are swimming around my head atm, but I'll stop here for now and see what the community thinks about the whole MMORPG thing.

XyZspineZyX
10-08-2003, 07:48 AM
If it doesn't have a monthly fee (a la BF1942) I'd get it,but I doubt such an ambitious and expansive project would be free. I don't like to pay to play games online...Cool idea though.

47|FC
http://rangerring.com/wwii/p-47.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-08-2003, 07:56 AM
i posted this a while ago but ill try again
i say release 3 games that all use the same graphic engian one for air one for land and one for sea. now that all 3 have all 3 games have all the "vehicals" in them only in the air game the boats and tanks and such are only AI and so on then each game only has to tell the other what the AI objects are suposed to be doing and wouldnt have to worrie about the phyisics of them then we could have a game like Aces high only with good graphics and realistic physics or at least thats my theroy anywho?