PDA

View Full Version : Wallrunning

amugae
07-03-2010, 11:14 AM
What do you guys think of implementing horizontal wall running in AC:B, like they have in Prince of Persia?

When I first started playing AC series, I thought it was a bit odd that a game with so much emphasis on free running didn't let you run along walls.

So what do you guys think? I for one found AC2 fun to play even without wallrunning, because you could still go wherever you wanted, but I think inclusion of horizontal wallrunning would add a lot to the gameplay.

SchwiftyCrooze
07-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by amugae:
What do you guys think of implementing horizontal wall running in AC:B, like they have in Prince of Persia?

When I first started playing AC series, I thought it was a bit odd that a game with so much emphasis on free running didn't let you run along walls.

So what do you guys think? I for one found AC2 fun to play even without wallrunning, because you could still go wherever you wanted, but I think inclusion of horizontal wallrunning would add a lot to the gameplay.

I dont know. I mean wont that kind of make it a bit Too Fictional. Now I know the story is really fictional but the wall running, I mean to what extent would you have that be? Like just a few feet or ALL the way around the wall? Idk about that yet though.

amugae
07-03-2010, 11:27 AM
I dont know. I mean wont that kind of make it a bit Too Fictional. Now I know the story is really fictional but the wall running, I mean to what extent would you have that be? Like just a few feet or ALL the way around the wall? Idk about that yet though.

Well not like half the city block of course. About several yards probably, just enough to get you a little farther than regular jumping.

Rams_
07-03-2010, 12:45 PM
no ... no horizontal wall running.
It would too much like the Prince. As it is right now they are toooooo similar. Lets keep something that makes them different.

deskpe
07-03-2010, 01:19 PM
nope dont like the idea of that

Deathgrim666
07-03-2010, 01:42 PM
i think wall running would be fine.

xChupa
07-03-2010, 01:46 PM
I would like wall running.
You can already wall jump (run up a flat wall and jump to the side or backwards for slightly more height) so why not wall run? Just a couple steps of course. Maybe 3 steps on the wall then jump off at a normal jump's length.

I've never played PoP though so I don't know how similar they are.

greekassassin1
07-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Rams_:
no ... no horizontal wall running.
It would too much like the Prince. As it is right now they are toooooo similar. Lets keep something that makes them different.

yeah those games are similar on the free running factor but AC's assassins are better at it!because they can climb wherever they want!Prince can't...the "thing' that he grabs must be really obvious!in AC many times i have grabbed from "things" just in luck!i mean,i hadn't even noticed that i was able to grab them!

X10J
07-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by nickster21:

wait the story is fictional? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

also one time i saw this guy do like 4 steps across a wall so that could work.

EzioAssassin51
07-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by X10J:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nickster21:

wait the story is fictional? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

also one time i saw this guy do like 4 steps across a wall so that could work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait... you didn't know that? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif haha

But anyway it sounds good as long as it's only a few steps like xChupa said.

Besides we already to a bit of wall running don't we, even though it's only horizontal

ILLusioNaire
07-04-2010, 02:02 AM
What I would like to see is Ezio or Desmond be able to run up a wall, jump the opposite way onto another wall, then quickly jump backwards again upward to catch the top of the wall. You know what I mean? A double wall jump. This could come in handy in alley ways, for those places where you can't quite climb up to reach the top, but you could jump across to the other wall for a foot plant to leap back in order to make it.

Murcuseo
07-04-2010, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by ILLusioNaire:
What I would like to see is Ezio or Desmond be able to run up a wall, jump the opposite way onto another wall, then quickly jump backwards again upward to catch the top of the wall. You know what I mean? A double wall jump. This could come in handy in alley ways, for those places where you can't quite climb up to reach the top, but you could jump across to the other wall for a foot plant to leap back in order to make it.

They'd have to sort the camera out for that to work properly, it would need to play like a cinematic or it would get frustrating watching the camera swing round to follow you.

I think the free running system is fine as it is, no wall running and no double wall jumps okthxbai

Account_Deleted
07-04-2010, 03:12 AM
yes, but only a few, maybe 2 meters, depending on the run up maybe?
but not too far like PoP

Vey03
07-04-2010, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by amugae:
What do you guys think of implementing horizontal wall running in AC:B, like they have in Prince of Persia? ...

No! No, no, no, no ... No way, no how!

It's already leaning a bit much into POP land as it is with the running up and jumping left or right.

It was meant to be more realistic, and i bloody wish they'd stick to what the game is/was meant to be.

They (Ubi) need to take a deep breath, calm down and go back to the days when they were making AC, and don't listen to all the crap that's being thrown at them from all sides, and try to make everyone happy. Because that's where the problems start.

iLikeBacon
07-04-2010, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by ILLusioNaire:A double wall jump.

Mario Style? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

I also think the free running system is fine, but they will obviously dream up something awesome for the new games. I don't really like the idea of wallrunning. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

-Bacon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Abeonis
07-04-2010, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by ILLusioNaire:

Erm, you can do that in ACII. I'm always doing it in fact, as I think it looks cooler than simply climbing.

Drakonous505
07-04-2010, 07:40 AM
No... Now a vertical wall run and flip over an enemy could be useful ;]

Deathgrim666
07-04-2010, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Drakonous505:
No... Now a vertical wall run and flip over an enemy could be useful ;]

idk if that fits ac that much

zarens
07-04-2010, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by X10J:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nickster21:

also one time i saw this guy do like 4 steps across a wall so that could work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

of course the story is fictional but it the events in the game r real... and the time of death for all targets and others are correct time

greekassassin1
07-04-2010, 08:18 AM
an horizontal wall running i think it's totally useless!...let it be AS IT IS!

tyrce111
07-04-2010, 09:49 AM
I don't see the point in having the abily to wall run over some gap or something like that if Ezio can already jump 4 meaters...
Unless it's to get over somesort of wall or sized block in your way...
Some more interactive cimematics would be nice though...

Murcuseo
07-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Hopefully they'll make use of the springboard jumps from the southern part of Florence, I quite liked using them but that's the only place they were used... kinda daft really!

SpartanGraphics
07-05-2010, 04:38 AM
No ! omg that would ttly ruin the game.

I think they should had quick vaults thoug to get over stuff you really dont want to climb.

Like a speed vault or a kong, dash or kash. ???

ILLusioNaire
07-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ILLusioNaire:

Erm, you can do that in ACII. I'm always doing it in fact, as I think it looks cooler than simply climbing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you grab onto something after the first jump you can. But no, you cannot run up a wall, jump to another wall, then jump off that one in a single go.

FANIS1993
07-06-2010, 06:35 AM
yeah i agree with you. it would be more fun if he could do the horizontal wallrunning and other parkour and free running stunts!!!

lilbacchant
07-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Mouse03:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amugae:
What do you guys think of implementing horizontal wall running in AC:B, like they have in Prince of Persia? ...

It's already leaning a bit much into POP land as it is with the running up and jumping left or right.

It was meant to be more realistic, and i bloody wish they'd stick to what the game is/was meant to be.

They (Ubi) need to take a deep breath, calm down and go back to the days when they were making AC, and don't listen to all the crap that's being thrown at them from all sides, and try to make everyone happy. Because that's where the problems start. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm wid'ya. Don't mind us, kids. Mouse and I will be over here drinking a beer while you dream up new, fruit-flavored shots.

EzioAssassin51
07-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by lilbacchant:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mouse03:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amugae:

They (Ubi) need to take a deep breath, calm down and go back to the days when they were making AC, and don't listen to all the crap that's being thrown at them from all sides, and try to make everyone happy. Because that's where the problems start. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm wid'ya. Don't mind us, kids. Mouse and I will be over here drinking a beer while you dream up new, fruit-flavored shots. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What?