PDA

View Full Version : SH3 Crash on my system

aurgolo
01-30-2006, 10:18 AM
Dear friends, I have a question about SH3 crashes.
I have been playing SH3 for several months without any kind of problem ...(lucky man...)!

I am at patrol 22 in april 1944 and suddenly I am having crashes in the game....!! Particularly the crash only happens as soon as a torpedo hits a boat. The very strange thing is that the crash happens randomically and you never know if the torpedo hit goes well or into a game crash (only game crash not windows which works perfectly).

Does anyone know something about this strange way of crashing? Has anybody experienced the same problem?
My system is the following, all drivers and software are regularly updated:

athlon XP 3000
win XP Professional
1 GB Ram DDR 333
audigy 2 platinum
HDisks IBM Deskstar and Maxtor
Sapphire atlantis 9600 XT 256 Mb Ram
M Board Gigabyte Ga7-VA, Bios Ver. F12
Chipset Via KT 400
DVD player LG
DVD recorder pioneer 109
terratec cinergy 400

Thank you a lot for any help or suggestion.

Ciao

andrea

aurgolo
01-30-2006, 10:18 AM
Dear friends, I have a question about SH3 crashes.
I have been playing SH3 for several months without any kind of problem ...(lucky man...)!

I am at patrol 22 in april 1944 and suddenly I am having crashes in the game....!! Particularly the crash only happens as soon as a torpedo hits a boat. The very strange thing is that the crash happens randomically and you never know if the torpedo hit goes well or into a game crash (only game crash not windows which works perfectly).

Does anyone know something about this strange way of crashing? Has anybody experienced the same problem?
My system is the following, all drivers and software are regularly updated:

athlon XP 3000
win XP Professional
1 GB Ram DDR 333
audigy 2 platinum
HDisks IBM Deskstar and Maxtor
Sapphire atlantis 9600 XT 256 Mb Ram
M Board Gigabyte Ga7-VA, Bios Ver. F12
Chipset Via KT 400
DVD player LG
DVD recorder pioneer 109
terratec cinergy 400

Thank you a lot for any help or suggestion.

Ciao

andrea

BlueBaron
01-30-2006, 02:40 PM
I have the same sound card and I done this sound card crash fix (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2881085392/m/9411023304)
try this, do get CTD very rare.
Also this post should be in the help forum.
Hope fix works ,good hunting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

shebumi
01-30-2006, 02:58 PM
My system is AMD64 3200@2700 Mhz overclocked, it is full stable but this game was randomly crashing, i downclocked it to 2600Mhz and no crashes so far.

Also it may be related to video codecs installed on your system. In game videos might cause some problems.

And the last thing i can think of is to disable hardware accelaration from the directx sound menu.

Regards.

Jose.MaC
01-30-2006, 04:15 PM
Defragment HD, check for viruses and end any background program when playing. Check any program installed after SH3, this may be the reason of the trouble.

aurgolo
01-31-2006, 03:35 AM
Ok I will try step by step in this way:

scan for viruses

change audigy 2 platinum settings from 48 Khz to 96 khz

disable hardware acceleration from Dx sound menu

check video codecs (how? and what should I install?)

H Disks are already defragmented and about software installed after SH3 it is hard job... is 2 months that I have this crashes and installed a lot of things during this time....

I will update all of you, special tks for helping me

ciao ciao

andrea

aurgolo
01-31-2006, 04:50 PM
dear friends, as promised I update you

I tryied to set s blaster frequency to 96 khz and still crashes, then tryied to disable hardware acceleration from Dx sound menu and still crashes.

Viedo codecs I do not know how to check, and what install (I reinstalled the game and video codecs bundled with the game) has anyone idea of what I have to do?

thank you for any help or suggestion

ciao

andrea

Baldricks_Mate
01-31-2006, 08:32 PM
Launch SH3, after games loads and when you are at game's main menu, toggle back to desktop. Use Ctl/Alt/Del, opening Windows Task Manager and click on Processes tab. Find SH3 exe and right click. Mouse down to Set prority, then select High. A Task manager warning box will pop up; click Yes. Close Task Manager, go back into SH3 and play. You will have to do this every time you load SH3 to play.

Now my game almost never CTD's. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

aurgolo
02-01-2006, 03:01 PM
I have tried to set SH3.exe in high priority but in that case as soon as I came back to the game main menu the mouse pointer was incredibly slow that was impossible to play. I tried to set SH3.exe to low priority but still had game crash....

Thank you for helping me anyway.....

If somebody has some other suggestion is welcome

thanks to all of you for supporting me

ciao

andrea