PDA

View Full Version : I had to ask this (LA-5FN)

Manos1
02-13-2006, 09:16 AM
Please do not flame me but, it has been some time since I last tested the LA-5FN and I am by far no expert in flying Russian planes.

Post 4.03 patch,
Does the LA-5FN still loop indefinitively ?
(ok, ok, until it runs out of fuel...)

I need to ask that question after I realised that:

Posted Feb 13, 7:47 AM http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/3351091114/p/1
"Why are you guys making stuff up? Nobody touched G2 in this patch or 2 patches ago. It is what it is. Once people saw "109 increased manueverability" and bang, all heads turned on G2 LOL. What`s up with that? I dont know if it`s right or wrong, but i do know that is the same as was in 402 in manueverabiliy department
V! Regards, VFC*Crazyivan aka VFC*HOST "

~S~

carguy_
02-13-2006, 09:39 AM
As far as my memory goes,no one has posted La5(FN) tests here in a loooooooong time.I doubt they ever check the FMs that have no complaints.Vide LaGG3 which has been checked thanks to God knows who`s tests.

Kwiatos
02-13-2006, 09:50 AM
I dont know if La5FN could loop until run of ou fuel but i know all slots planes like Bf109, La, Lagg and even Mig3(which was know as difficult to fly at slow speed) are near impossible to stall at critical AoA. These wasn't change until now.

Brain32
02-13-2006, 09:57 AM
La5FN was the extreme of the slats planes, 109,mig and lagg would drop a wing, LA5FN could just loop and loop and loop...
Good question I will check it...

...near impossible to stall at critical AoA.
Wing drop doesen't count as stall?

carguy_
02-13-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Kwiatos:
I dont know if La5FN could loop until run of ou fuel but i know all slots planes like Bf109, La, Lagg and even Mig3(which was know as difficult to fly at slow speed) are near impossible to stall at critical AoA. These wasn't change until now.

I can`t help but getting same results in the Spitfire.

Kwiatos
02-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by carguy_:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kwiatos:

I can`t help but getting same results in the Spitfire. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not true Spitfire stall very easy - just move stick back violently and you will see - you cant either turn with maximum stick deflection without stall.

In slot planes you could turn with maximum stick deflection without stall (wing drop). I know that slots are for reduce stall speed and allow higher AoA but dont reduce stall at all. Just bring red line little higher.

tigertalon
02-13-2006, 10:56 AM
As far as my memory goes,no one has posted La5(FN) tests here in a loooooooong time.

4.03 La family, crimea, noon, perfect weather, 100% fuel, manual pitch 100%, mix 120%.

I started at 100meters, descended with engine idle to few meters above ground, and applied 110% plus FORSZAZH with rads open. When plane seemed not to gain any more speed, I closed rads and pushed it to max speed, keeping it between 3 and 8 meters only with elevator trim. Lowered graphics to get high fps.

Results, gents:

La5

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v662/aegeeaddict/La5.jpg

La5F

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v662/aegeeaddict/La5F.jpg

La5FN

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v662/aegeeaddict/La5FN.jpg

La7

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v662/aegeeaddict/La7.jpg

La7_3xB20

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v662/aegeeaddict/La7_3B20.jpg

carguy_
02-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Not true Spitfire stall very easy - just move stick back violently and you will see - you cant either turn with maximum stick deflection without stall.

Exactly the same in 109/190.

In slot planes you could turn with maximum stick deflection without stall (wing drop). I know that slots are for reduce stall speed and allow higher AoA but dont reduce stall at all. Just bring red line little higher.

Stall easily uccurs at full stick deflection up to 400kph in Me109.

Allied_Killer
02-13-2006, 04:57 PM

Absolutely not true, slats or no slats, allied or axis. Like Carguy says, the only time you could pull the joystick all the way back in the turn and not stall is the 109 above 400kph, that is due to Mr.Oleg's Stiffened Elevator Syndrome (M.O.S.E.S). That is,eventhough your joystick maybe fully deflected, the elevator however is deflected only a few degrees from neutral position, that's the reason my friend you do not stall. You do however will be turning like a brick.

HellToupee
02-13-2006, 08:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kwiatos:

Exactly the same in 109/190.

Stall easily uccurs at full stick deflection up to 400kph in Me109. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well before patch i could hold the g2 at max diflection at as aslow as 200kph infact i could hold it and do a climbing turn and gain height at max diflection.

Badsight.
02-13-2006, 09:22 PM

La-5

550+ Kmh on the deck

wow

Manos1
02-14-2006, 10:28 AM
Gentlmen, I am sorry, maybe I expressed myself wrongly.

What I want to know is not the speed. It is the energy (and energy loss) that I am interested in:

Take a LA-5FN gain full speed and start doing constant loops.

How many loops can you do ?

Before the 4.03 patch the answer was: INDEFINITIVELY! (=until you run out of fuel)

After the 4.03 patch ?

~S~