PDA

View Full Version : X45 throttle rocker switch for flaps?

AJRobson
02-05-2005, 09:35 AM
Hi all

I want to use the rocker switch (normally for the rudder) on my X45 for flaps.

But each time I map it from within the application... and then fly.... the flaps slowly lower.

I do have a X45 profile that I am using.. but don't know how to change it to use the rocker switch in this way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hairball_1
02-05-2005, 10:05 AM
I also use the rocker switch for flaps, and previously encountered this problem. What you have to do with the Saitek Profile Editor, is break the rocker switch into seperate bands.

The middle band has no programming assigned to them, so it becomes a deadzone. The outer two are for flaps up and down, accordingly.

Only when the rocker is fully depressed to one side or the other, are the flaps engaged.

To set up you profile this way, open up the IL-2 Profile, amd scroll down the list of keys until you find "Rudder".

Right-click, and select "Bands".

Now you'll see a white box with a red line below the "Rudder" box.

Click twice anywhere in the white. This will create the seperate bands.

Now click on the middle icon just below the text that now reads: "Rudder=bands" If yo uhover your mouse over it, you'll see that it reads: "Space evenly".

Once that is done, click the green checkmark icon to save your setup for the rocker switch.

Then you assign your flap keys to the top and bottom bands, while leaving the middle one blank.

AJRobson
02-05-2005, 11:42 AM
That did the trick! Thanks.

Now I have to figure out how to use the two rotary dials on it for controlling rudder and elev trim.

Atomic_Marten
02-05-2005, 11:50 AM
Guys could you please help me out too.. I do not know what to use as rudder on X-45.(in tully__'s profile rudder is left by default rocker switch).

But I find that diffcult to handle.. I have used rudder easier on my previous stick.(I find default rudder control on X-45 to be really sensitive..).

Any suggestions appreciated.

DmdSeeker
02-05-2005, 12:11 PM
I use the thumb whell as the rudder (set via IL-2's own axis mapping).

That way it's right to hand; very precise and acts as trim too.

hobnail
02-05-2005, 02:44 PM
non-centering axis as a rudder? urgh.

I use the banded rudder for flaps as well, shifted it activates the wheel brakes.

EDIT: kiddknapp59 (what happened to the other 58?) errr not to be picky but...
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I use the thumb whell as the rudder <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Get it right before you bleat.

Mjollnir111675
02-05-2005, 03:10 PM
BTW:
do you have TrackIr??

Cuz that alone freed up crazy amouts o stuff for me!!

HEY 1-C: PIMP OUR TORP PLANES!! You know tha drill!!

e2michaelb
02-05-2005, 03:50 PM
Whaddayou guys use for rudder control when you reassign the X45 rocker switch? Do you have rudder pedals? I have elected to stick with the rocker-rudder control, and to use the "up" and "down" positions on the throttle mouse for flaps. 'works real good,too.

kiddknapp59
02-05-2005, 03:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hobnail:
non-centering axis as a rudder? urgh.

I use the banded rudder for flaps as well, shifted it activates the wheel brakes. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He wants to use it for rudder TRIM.
I use the rocker to zoom the view in and out, but to each his own. Learning to band an axis is critical if you own an X45 or X52.

AJRobson
02-05-2005, 05:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by e2michaelb:
Whaddayou guys use for rudder control when you reassign the X45 rocker switch? Do you have rudder pedals? I have elected to stick with the rocker-rudder control, and to use the "up" and "down" positions on the throttle mouse for flaps. 'works real good,too. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CH Pro pedals.

SgtBriggs
02-05-2005, 05:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Whaddayou guys use for rudder control when you reassign the X45 rocker switch? Do you have rudder pedals? I have elected to stick with the rocker-rudder control, and to use the "up" and "down" positions on the throttle mouse for flaps. 'works real good,too. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you happen to have a racing wheel with peddles you can set them up for your rudder.

JFC_danger
02-05-2005, 06:48 PM
i have an X-45. have been messing around with all the settings, it has taken me over a month of adding this and changing that.i have changed most of the game's default settings and mapped out the profile in the X-45 profiler.
elevator trim on forward finger wheel and rudder on thumb wheel is perfect, just cant adjust the sensitivity of wheels.

ohh, and changing the view hotas from buttons to mouse smoothes out the view