PDA

View Full Version : gauges

hdjuey
01-07-2005, 02:23 PM
are all the gauges model to work , I sse one cockpit that has a VSI and another gauge mark nose up and nose down but it dosn't do anything what the best plane to fly where you can see every thing you need IE tach, VSI, HSI, ALT, SPEED with out zooming or moving your head around

hdjuey
01-07-2005, 02:23 PM
are all the gauges model to work , I sse one cockpit that has a VSI and another gauge mark nose up and nose down but it dosn't do anything what the best plane to fly where you can see every thing you need IE tach, VSI, HSI, ALT, SPEED with out zooming or moving your head around

Fliger747
01-07-2005, 11:50 PM
You can fly the F4U on instruments, though the guages are small enough that you do need to zoom in and concentrate on them. A notable point about the VSI, like many aneroid instruments, it has enough lag in it to be fairly useless. Modern IVSI's (Instantaneous, accelerometer based) are usefull even in (especially) high performance aircraft.

I reccomend using the cockpit airspeed indicator over the speed bar for approach and landing, as it is MUCH more accurate.