PDA

View Full Version : New /well old / 3.4 AI for il-2

stalkervision
09-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Just drops your ai version back to the old and some say much better maddox ai 3.4 version. Over at the triple a mods site.

This isn't a real mod whatsoever. Just the older Maddox AI

No more infinite barrel roll by A.I. planes.
- No more A.I. predictable maneuvers.
- No more A.I. no radiator heating - realistic velocity when evading = more chances to catch them.
PLUS:
- No more A.I. sniper rear gunner=realistic chanches to survive at enemy bomber "6".

looks good! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Skycat_2
09-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Interesting. Well hidden. Hint?

stalkervision
09-14-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Skycat_2:
Interesting. Well hidden. Hint?

I can't link it buddy. Wish I could. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Ronbo3
09-14-2008, 06:41 PM
what forum is it under at AAA? I cant find it...

M_Gunz
09-14-2008, 07:17 PM
3.4 is Pacific Aces, Ronbo.

With the step-back you also get a big step backward in FM and handling.
OTOH you won't need those rudder pedals so much!

Probably the AI having so much easier a time of it with 3.4 there's CPU cycles left over for
strategy and tactics. If I had a very new and powerful system I would know as long as I didn't
crank up the perfections, etc, and soak the difference up as candy.

Ronbo3
09-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Wow, I didnt link the number with the time frame, its been a while. I think Ive had it merged since PF came out...

I was hoping just for an AI tweak....

Billy_DeLyon
09-14-2008, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by M_Gunz:
With the step-back you also get a big step backward in FM and handling.
OTOH you won't need those rudder pedals so much!

It sounds like he meant it just switches the AI back to 3.4, not the whole patch. Hard to say tho. I couldn't find it either.

Sirrith
09-15-2008, 04:44 AM
are you sure its released? all i could find was the discussion thread suggesting someone make the mod.

M_Gunz
09-15-2008, 04:59 AM
Yeah he's saying the old AI in the new FM.
Good luck since the old AI flew the old FM.

DuxCorvan
09-15-2008, 08:01 AM
Is there such a thing as an "old AI"? It's been always the same cr*p to me.

Marcel_Albert
09-15-2008, 08:28 AM
Would be really nice if they could mod the AI to stop some obvious cheating stuffs , like quite often outclimbing us with aircrafts that clearly can't for long periods when we follow them and then making an almost 1k zoom climb when they never had not even 25% of the energy required to do it , or evading like UFO's at the last moment with planes with poor roll rate and initial responsiveness and performing always the same evading manoeuvres once we are at convergence distance .

if we can get rid of that specific AI annoying feature that was implemented after some PF patch , it would be great really , it is the only thing that bugs me in this brilliant simulation (the AI behaviour ), although i'm aware it wouldn't make the ai better objectively , but just less UFO-esque , less of an immersion killer

Fehler
09-15-2008, 08:42 AM
I think I remember Oleg saying that the AI was simplified to accomodate carrier take off and landings. Thus, with the advent of carrier based operation we get the "cheating" AI.

Yes, I specifically remember this. Since this game was never intended for carrier ops, there had to be a trade-off and the AI was the thing traded.

Kind of makes me wonder how a 3.X AI could run in a 4.X environment if the creator couldnt make it happen...