PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about online play!

MadRuski
05-12-2006, 06:21 AM
well unfortunatly i cant play and IL2 series online due to problems.. so i wanted to no on how u play on line.. is it like the campaigne mission or is it all out deathmatch or T-deatmatch, and do u pick any plane u want.. fill me in guys.

blackpulpit1970
05-12-2006, 08:04 AM
Hello madruski, i remember you from Lockon, playing online is the same as lockon almost. You go thru hyperlobby and there are many servers out there, most are mission minded (bombing runs,dogfights,etc)some servers have certain planes to fly due to historical settings and some due to fairness and some allow you to fly all the planes. Some servers are cockpit only (realistic) and others not (unrealistic). There are many servers and great people online, have fun.

Xiolablu3
05-12-2006, 08:27 AM
Many servers have a scenario where each side has ground targets they must destroy,(say 25 tank, 30 artillery,50 cars) or they can also win by destroying so many planes (say 80 red planes destroyed and blue wins)

Therefore good teamwork is needed to win a map. Bombers with fighters covering.

There are other pure dogfight servers wher each side has the same planeset and they just dogfight withno ground targets.

Why cant oyu play online? I can helpyou get it sorted out, online is by far teh best part of this sim. People not playing onine are missing out on 75% of the game in my opinion http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MadRuski
05-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Xiolablu3:
Why cant oyu play online? I can helpyou get it sorted out,

well i only have FB and PF, and dont have the ACE, and i play PF, i patched my game using the non merged patches to 4.04 (folowing the guid tully posted before). i was told that to play PF that i had to be in the FB room, so getting into a server on that room, but then it says "insert CD 2" wen it is clearly put in, so i try the PF room and it then says "game path could not be found" so after no luck i just didnt bother anymore, i very pi**ed off that it doesant work, i would love to play online.

Taylortony
05-13-2006, 02:25 AM
Ok lets get you on your way to online flying http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

1st the insert CD 2

is normally to do with a bad version of the rts.dll ok please follow this thread and download the replacement UBI provide from the link.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=49310655&m=5951033052

Ok 2nd your "so i try the PF room and it then says "game path could not be found"

I take it we are talking UBI com forum here. I was a Beta tester on this,

there are several possibilitys here

1 you have installed the game in a different folder to the default one I.E it is in say D drive or even C drive but in a different folder.... say Games.......... to get round this reinstall the patches and make sure they go into the correct game folder and not a default installation....

The reason for this is Ubi Com fires up and starts to load, it then goes to the game folder default location to access the game and cannot find it because it is not there, reinstalling the patches directly into the game folder where ever it is should sort this.

2 You have a firewall that is set to run only one way for the game, ie outwards, so when the game fires up and the server tries to access your game it is not found because the path is blocked.

3 you are behind a router........... see www.airwarfare.com (http://www.airwarfare.com) for help as they just screw my head up.

4 you have got the ip address set wrong in game.

Go ( In Windows )

Start

all programmes

Ubisoft folder

last window in there

select set up

click on the network tab when window opens

look see if you have a window called IP

may have word default in it

click on word default

select bottom 3 digit number to replace default word

close and try again, if that fails try the other number in there

BTW not all have the IP window...

Let us know how you get on, I take it you have the correct patches installed for the game too NONE M versions and not the server patches either. the game runs ok offline and the correct version shows bottom left of the loading screen.

MadRuski
05-13-2006, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Taylortony:

is normally to do with a bad version of the rts.dll

i never had this prob, but replaced the file anyway

Ok 2nd your "so i try the PF room and it then says "game path could not be found"
I take it we are talking UBI com forum here.

i dont no what you mean bout the UBI.com, it says it on HL

you have installed the game in a different folder to the default one I.E it is in say D drive or even C drive but in a different folder.... say Games.......... to get round this reinstall the patches and make sure they go into the correct game folder and not a default installation....

nope the game and patches are installed into the defult PF foler, i checked

You have a firewall that is set to run only one way for the game, ie outwards, so when the game fires up and the server tries to access your game it is not found because the path is blocked.

nope firewall is turned of and still no luck.

the game runs ok offline and the correct version shows bottom left of the loading screen.

yep the game runs perfect with the 4.04 in the corner of the loading screen.

THX FOR YOUR EFFORT!!

Xiolablu3
05-13-2006, 08:28 AM
YOu really need to get Aces Expansion pack as soon as you can mate, plus the Pe2 addon. They are very cheap and you should be able to get them both for about equivelent of 10 each.

You wont play another game as much...

If you want to try and get just PF working then I suggest a complete reinstall, it sounds like something has got screwed up with your current install. HAve you tried putting cd 1 in the drive instead?

MadRuski
05-13-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Xiolablu3:
HAve you tried putting cd 1 in the drive instead?

no i havent, but ill probably just buy the ACE thx alot for the help

Xiolablu3
05-13-2006, 08:36 AM
I will help you try and get PF working, I will pm you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif