PDA

View Full Version : Bought the add-on but can't DL it!!! Can I get money back??

mortoma1958
04-28-2006, 08:52 PM
I tried to DL the file but Booty whatever it is will not run on Win98SE. I refuse to upgrade and pay $200.00 to buy WinXP, just to buy this add-on!! Ubisoft Customer Serive does not let you
get a hold of or e-mail real people, but they just refer you to stupid FAQs instead, But of course and as usual, there's no FAQ about this particular problem. I hope I can contact somebody to get my money back. Guess I will never be able to own this Pe-2 add-on?!?! Is it available from any other sellers beside Ubi??

mortoma1958
04-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Nevermind, I am going to find someone who has WinXP and DL it at their house. As long as they have a CDR or DVDR burner so I can burn it on a disc, I should be good to go.

sc1949
04-29-2006, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by mortoma1958:
Nevermind, I am going to find someone who has WinXP and DL it at their house. As long as they have a CDR or DVDR burner so I can burn it on a disc, I should be good to go.

Can you do it this way? I was going to get my son to buy it with his credit card, and burn it for me, as I never use a credit card, also only 56K, and he has broadband but lives in a different state. He also DOESN'T play flightsims, so its not a piracy issue. Not sure now with all this BOONTY business now! Think I'll wait a bit. Oh and CrazyIvans bit about microsoft being one of the many companies that use it doasn't instill much gladness in my old heart I assure you.

Also would he need to get that Boonty thing first or will it install to his computer?

mortoma1958
04-29-2006, 06:06 AM
?Yes, I DL'd it on a friend's computer last night and going to burn it onto CDR tonight. I would make sure you uninstalled the Boonty thing from the other person's PC though. And go into "RUN", type regedit and edit the registry for all instances of "boontybox" or 'boonty'. Do a search on those words in the registry and delete all keys and values for them in the registry.

There couldn't be a piracy issue anyway since they give you a access key code to install the .exe file anyway. At least I doubt any piracy issue would get in the way of doing it like this.