PDA

View Full Version : Servers w/ CRT=2?

msalama
11-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Anyone for a list of public servers with the CheckRunTime parameter set at 2? I know that SpitVs109 and ZekeVsWildcat are amongst those, but what others?

Please contribute, (apparently very few) ladies and gents!

PS. Mods - maybe a sticky of a list of these at some point?

Whirlin_merlin
11-23-2007, 12:51 AM
All 3 UK dedicated servers.

Stiletto-
11-23-2007, 01:54 AM
I believe Warclouds, but I'm not positive. Saw a few people joining and the leaving the server right away, the other night. Would be nice if more servers said so in the discription.

rnzoli
11-23-2007, 01:56 AM
http://102nd.greatnuke.com/gate.html?name=Forums&file=v...1b1cef96a54c15cef7a8 (http://102nd.greatnuke.com/gate.html?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=366&sid=7cc0d31ac1bc1b1cef96a54c15cef7a8)

ViktorViktor
11-23-2007, 03:39 AM
Does 'check runtime = 2' actually help?

On some threads they say it doesn't help against the sound-mod hack, on others they say it does.

rnzoli
11-23-2007, 03:42 AM
I think it helps, I can see some people joining the server who are kicked immediately due to having compromised/modded IL-2 installs.

If someone knows a 1st-hand TESTED way to skip CRT=2, pls. PM me.

TgD Thunderbolt56
11-23-2007, 06:44 AM
Spits-vs-109s and Zekes-vs-Wildcats are both CRT=2

Daiichidoku
11-23-2007, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by ViktorViktor:
Does 'check runtime = 2' actually help?

On some threads they say it doesn't help against the sound-mod hack, on others they say it does.

CRT=2 is proof vs sound mod.....the problem is, XP servers on CRT=2 is also proof vs Vista users, and Vista servers will block XP users

JG52Uther
11-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by rnzoli:
I think it helps, I can see some people joining the server who are kicked immediately due to having compromised/modded IL-2 installs.

Please don't assume that people who get kicked thru CRT=2 have the mods.Some just get kicked because they have a different OS.

cmirko
11-23-2007, 10:10 AM
after much of searching we still haven't seen/heard of anyone beating CRT=2 check on 102nd_COOP_ded http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif - even that "supposedly" CRT=2 enabled sound mod can't join CRT=2 server http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ephemere1962
11-23-2007, 10:20 AM
I'm hosting missions on AW, allways with CRT=2... and squadmates with some versions of the Sound Hack (those who are "CRT=2 compatable", with different sound sample, but with the same sound sample organisation as the original) can join without problems.

I still believe that CRT=2 give some protection against FM changes... but probably one day I will be prooved the contrary... ;(

BSS_Sniper
11-23-2007, 10:31 AM
CRT=2 doesn't work, however, I truly believe that those who cheat are a very small minority. I've yet to witness someone cheating in 7 years. If I have, it didn't affect me. Just police your own servers and ban them upon appearance. It is the only way.

rnzoli
11-23-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by JG52Uther:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rnzoli:

Please don't assume that people who get kicked thru CRT=2 have the mods.Some just get kicked because they have a different OS. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right. For sure, Win2K is not compatible with WinXP that way. On the other hand, out of all OS variants, WinXP clients are the most common right now, me thinks, so this should not be a major obstackle. (For worst case --> dual-boot machine with 2 OS?)

rnzoli
11-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by BSS_Sniper:
CRT=2 doesn't work.
Against what. Against nothing? Explain a bit more.

Whirlin_merlin
11-23-2007, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by BSS_Sniper:
CRT=2 doesn't work, however, I truly believe that those who cheat are a very small minority. I've yet to witness someone cheating in 7 years. If I have, it didn't affect me. Just police your own servers and ban them upon appearance. It is the only way.

What worries me(as a server admin) more than the thought of a few cheaters is the paranoid accusations I've seen.
I don't believe I've seen any cheating (beyond dodgy lag fiddling), the idea of 'kicking' someone who appears to be cheating but isn't would also worry me as rather unfair.