PDA

View Full Version : IL2-Birds of Prey?

Multimetal
11-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Forgive me if this has been posted before, I haven't been involved in the forum for a while, but what is this :
http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/il-2-sturmovik-birds-of-prey/overview
Looks like maybe this is the European title for SOW, or is it a different product?

WTE_Galway
11-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Multimetal:
Forgive me if this has been posted before, I haven't been involved in the forum for a while, but what is this :
http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/il-2-sturmovik-birds-of-prey/overview
Looks like maybe this is the European title for SOW, or is it a different product?

- Xbox console game
- not done by Maddox
- they licenced the IL2 1946 flight models from Oleg
- no other connection with Maddox games, SOW or Il2, being done by a totally separate company

Divine-Wind
11-30-2008, 07:21 PM
I have to say, those screenshots are kind of impressive. Although I wouldn't be suprised if they were touched up.

Ba5tard5word
11-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Yeah game pics released for PR purposes are often created on a desktop using the game engine rather than actual screen shots of the gameplay.

JtD
11-30-2008, 08:47 PM
No, the game looks about like that. If you capture the right screens in the Il-2 1946, you'd end up only slightly worse.

M_Gunz
11-30-2008, 09:38 PM
If it gets some X-Box players to start looking into better ways to play flight sims the it has a good side?
Can X-Box use good sticks, pedals, TIR?

rileyjams
11-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by M_Gunz:
If it gets some X-Box players to start looking into better ways to play flight sims the it has a good side?
Can X-Box use good sticks, pedals, TIR?

if the game sticks with the sim side of IL-2, I don't think alot of xbox players will like it. Alot of them, as myself, use it for fun arcade action. I know alot of people would find it very frustrating because of the realism

as for sticks and pedals, i'm sure someone will make them, but none will be from microsoft. Theres already Ace Combat and the upcomming HAWX arcade flying games and I've heard nothing of sticks or pedals for controllers

I forget how many buttons on the keyboard and joystick I have binded for different planes and what not. But the xbox controller only has 14 buttons available, not including start, select, and the xbox sidebar buttons.

Ogie76
11-30-2008, 10:23 PM
i think the ace combat game for the 360 came with a stick that looked exactly like the saitek X45. Im not sure if it would work for IL2 though

rileyjams
11-30-2008, 11:16 PM
The EDGE Flightstick (USB port), how could I forget. I even looked at it when it was released. Now that I remember, it was a limited time only. I'm sure a quick internet shopping would fix that
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9076/aceedgeflightsticklf0.jpg

but if you bought that, i'm sure you own il2 for pc and will be one of the few who will be playing birds of prey intensely when there's SOW

Divine-Wind
11-30-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by rileyjams:
as for sticks and pedals, i'm sure someone will make them, but none will be from microsoft. Theres already Ace Combat and the upcomming HAWX arcade flying games and I've heard nothing of sticks or pedals for controllers
http://saitek.com/uk/prod/av8rxboxv2.htm

There's also the X-45 ripoff-looking thing that came with the speshul version of Ace Combat. Although tbh it does look pretty neat, wouldn't mind trying it on the Xbox.

Also, the plug-in for it looks like it's USB, perhaps you could plug in whatever joystick is lying around and use it? Not sure if/how the buttons would work though.

Chivas
12-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by rileyjams:

if the game sticks with the sim side of IL-2, I don't think alot of xbox players will like it. Alot of them, as myself, use it for fun arcade action. I know alot of people would find it very frustrating because of the realism

The game has multiple settings. One of which is completely arcade that anyone without flight sim experience could enjoy. They can expand the sim options as they become more experienced.

Xiolablu3
12-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Birds of Prey will be out much sooner than SOW, all the hard work is done for the game already by the IL2 engine Oleg has worked so hard on over the years.