PDA

View Full Version : How do you turn off text in IL2: Sturmovik FB?

Abeita
03-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to turn off the text on the right hand side of the screen in IL2: Sturmovik Forgotten Battles? And by the, "text on the right hand side of the screen," I mean the text that displays throttle, radiator, etc.. I know there's a command-line in the config file to remove the subtitles for the radio messages, so I'm wondering if there's one for the text on the right hand side of the screen as well.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks for reading, if you've read this, and thanks for replying, if you reply.

Davinci..
03-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Abeita:
Does anyone know if it's possible to turn off the text on the right hand side of the screen in IL2: Sturmovik Forgotten Battles? And by the, "text on the right hand side of the screen," I mean the text that displays throttle, radiator, etc.. I know there's a command-line in the config file to remove the subtitles for the radio messages, so I'm wondering if there's one for the text on the right hand side of the screen as well.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks for reading, if you've read this, and thanks for replying, if you reply.

in your conf.ini set NoHudLog=0 to NoHudLog=1
i think thats it.. i used to use that when i couldnt play online. I played campaigns like that, just because i wanted full immersion.

it looks so nice like that, but i wouldnt recommend it, if you fly online at all!

woofiedog
03-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Check out this page from Airwarfare: http://www.airwarfare.com/guides/config_guide.htm

WTE_Galway
03-19-2006, 11:04 PM
Bare in mind many planes are difficult to fly with hud off as you have no idea of flap or radiator settings. The fw190 and early 109's are among the better ones.

Personally I fly with it off but often wish the flap and radiator had a 0% and 100% key so you could be sure of what they are set to.

Abeita
03-22-2006, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by WTE_Galway:
Bare in mind many planes are difficult to fly with hud off as you have no idea of flap or radiator settings. The fw190 and early 109's are among the better ones.

Personally I fly with it off but often wish the flap and radiator had a 0% and 100% key so you could be sure of what they are set to.

I'm fairly adept at simply paying attention to the audio and physical cues, and thus far I usually don't pay much attention to the text anyhow, only the actual speed, altitute, etc. indicators in the cockpit itself. As an example, one obviously is getting to much lift with one's flaps fully extended, which is as physically noticable as the shake one gets when one's gear is down at high speeds.

Thanks for the recommendation though!

P.S. . . . Wouldn't know 'bout the 109's. Never touch anything that ain't Russian. Heh. 109's do offer some temptation to the enlist with the Axis power, don't they? Slick machines. Very slick.

Abeita
03-22-2006, 12:26 AM
I'd like to thank those that have posted for the helpful suggestions with altering the config.ini file! You answered my question! And now I can enjoy a more immersive experience!

Mc_Wolf
03-22-2006, 12:40 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gifI suggest you use IL2 Stab, a very good setting tool for IL2. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif