PDA

View Full Version : Can you re-arm?

AndyGW
03-27-2007, 05:14 AM
In an online (LAN) coop mission is it possible to rearm in anway by landing your plane back at base?

Zeus-cat
03-27-2007, 05:20 AM
No.

The rearm and refuel procedure for most planes takes hours and therefore is not an option in this sim.

rnzoli
03-27-2007, 05:38 AM
Not in coop mission. The Re-Fly (meaning the re-arm and re-fuel) option is available only in dogfight mode.

AndyGW
03-27-2007, 07:20 AM
Guys.. thanks for the help

DooDaH2007
03-27-2007, 08:50 AM
I found this to be a major bummer, first time I went to fly with/against a friend on-line...

After shooting him down I only had a few bullitholes in my plane but was out of ammo...
I asked him how to re-arm and he said it was not possible and that I had to bail/crash, then hit refly to get a new plane...

Talk about an immersionkiller... At least it was for me...

rnzoli
03-27-2007, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by DooDaH2007:
I found this to be a major bummer, first time I went to fly with/against a friend on-line...

After shooting him down I only had a few bullitholes in my plane but was out of ammo...
I asked him how to re-arm and he said it was not possible and that I had to bail/crash, then hit refly to get a new plane...

I hate to tell you, but your so called friend played a nasty trick on you, probably as a revenge http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

In dogfight mode, when you see the Refly button, you should go back to your home base and land your aircraft. If you do that, you get your full score and a brand new aricraft, with whatever load-out you want.

Immersion killer, huh? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

-HH- Beebop
03-27-2007, 09:30 AM
This has been discussed before on the forums. The hope is that we can get something like that with SoW:BoB.
As ZC said, real life refuel/rearm took hours. Plus different planes would take different amounts of time. A Sptfire could be R&R'ed in much less time than say an He-111.
One of the suggestions was for "time-lapse" R&R. If we look at the current games maximum time compression (8X) we find that each increment is 7 1/2 minutes. If it takes an hour to R&R a Spit that would be 7 1/2 minutes you would be sitting on the tarmac hoping not to get vulched. If you were flying a twin engine fighter bomber you could easily add another half hour for an additional 3 3/4 minutes. So now you are sitting in game, helpless for almost 11 1/2 minutes. An He-111 could easily take 2- 2 1/2 hours and that would take 15-20 minutes.
Honestly, I can't see folks in a DF server willing to sit around doing nothing for that length of time when they could be in the air chewing up their opponents but I could be wrong.

Now for co-ops, especially online wars, I think that would be great. If you could survive getting gack to base (and you would have more incentive to do so I believe), you could take a short break to use the WC and get another beverage while your plane was getting R&R'ed. The war would continue and you could fly several sorties each outing.

Just a few of my thoughts on the subject. Thanks for listening.

Lberaldo
03-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Can you RELOAD some of your weapons in mid-flight, specially IL-2´s rear gun and bomber´s turret guns?

Haigotron
03-27-2007, 11:35 AM
I believe they do reload although there is no pause between reloads. It feels like a continuous fire until all the ammunition is finished. Furthermore, you can see the ammunition clips inside the gunner's position disappearing as you shoot. Indication that they're being reloaded.

-HH- Beebop
03-27-2007, 12:43 PM
What Haigotron is reffering to is the AI routine. YOU as a player cannot reload guns. If you are in a gunners position you can keep firing continuously until all the ammo stores are depleted. Then you are at the mercy of the enemy on your six.

x6BL_Brando
03-27-2007, 12:49 PM
If nothing else, the need to return to base will act as a strong reminder to conserve ammunition and, as they say in the movies, make every shot count!
I'm talking as a regular on-line coop-mission pilot where quite the best-crafted plots may involve a last-minute attack from the bad guys, and just a couple of seconds-worth of firing may make the difference between survival or death, but it was similar the last time I was in dogfight arena. A two-second burst may well be enough to deter or even cripple the latecomer - especially if you've worked on the 'every shot counts' kind of attack.

I agree that theoretically it's a sound idea - off you go to debrief, grab a bite, change your socks, use the loo, and get your new briefing - and you re-emerge to find your crate has been re-armed, re-fueled, had the bullet holes patched and the canopy glass polished. Though to me it sounds like a lot of flying time wasted in terms of a game that I switch on when I want to relax & have some fun. We get plenty of waiting time in the queuing line for coops in Hyperlobby!

Also the first people to get home have a long wait sometimes, if they're interested in reading the final outcome of the mission. There IS a place for improvement imo. If a pilot could exit his plane when he landed and go to a place of safety, rather than having to 'bail out' on the ground and lose half his kills, then we might see an end to the vulching of landed planes in co-op missions. That would be a definite improvement.

B

Stackhouse25th
03-27-2007, 01:13 PM

see my post in oleg maddox ready room and its on page 2...its about 10000 views and 300 replies talking about RRR.

LEXX_Luthor
03-28-2007, 02:25 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

This question was my first poast when I signed up. Sadly the answer was no as the feature was great fun in Su-27 Flaker 1.0, but I ran out and got the sim anyways that very night.

FritzGryphon
03-28-2007, 02:28 AM
The red lines under words indicate that they are spelled wrong.

Anyway, refly or rearm; it's all the same to me. I can't imagine my aircraft getting repaired or refueled in 2 seconds, anyway. The crew can fix it while I jump in a fresh one. Furthermore, most of the planes I land will never again be fit for service.

Any such discussion is one of semantics, and such time would be better spent walking your dog and/or vacuuming. I make this post only because I own neither a dog, nor does my floor need vacuuming. It's wood and I use a swiffer.

LEXX_Luthor
03-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Fritz::
I can't imagine my aircraft getting repaired or refueled in 2 seconds, anyway.
ReFly allows that.

Su-27 Flaker 1.0 allowed instant ReArm, but required about 5 minutes to fully refuel, which, depending on the mission creator, left you vulnerable on the airfield if you got caught on the ground during an airstrike on your base which was an immersive and fun gaming experience.

Chivas
03-28-2007, 12:23 PM
Its unfortunate that the RRR OPTION wasn't included in this sim as it would enhance the gamplay for those who chose to use the OPTION. Maybe we will see it in the SOW series. Refuel and Rearm turn around times were measured in minutes not hours as some would have you believe. Its a mute point anyway as simmers would have the OPTION to set whatever turn around time suited their gameplay or select another aircraft it available. For those that find the REFLY button more realistic than having ground crew service their aircraft the OPTION to REFLY and spawn at another field would still be there. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

DooDaH2007
03-28-2007, 01:12 PM
I hate to tell you, but your so called friend played a nasty trick on you, probably as a revenge Veryhappy

In dogfight mode, when you see the Refly button, you should go back to your home base and land your aircraft. If you do that, you get your full score and a brand new aricraft, with whatever load-out you want.

Immersion killer, huh? Wink

Well,.. ... lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

We are both beginners in the game, so perhaps he didn't know himself http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

So thank you for that tip, I think it is much cooler to try to land a damaged plane and be rewarded for that...

Still, I easely get attached to my plane, especially if it is damaged a bit but otherwise still flying...
It would be so cool to be able to land, rearm and take that same plane back up...

I realize offcourse that this is not going to happen, but a man may fantasize http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif