PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day...

woofiedog
05-30-2005, 04:07 AM
May we all take a little time today to Remember Our Fallen Veteran's.
Also all of You Past and Present Military Personal around the Globe.
May you all have a Save and Happy Memorial Day!
Hopefully some of You that are in the Service now are able to enjoy it with Your Families!
I know the Hearts and Thoughts of us at Home are thinking of You that are out there Serving Our Countries!
Sincerly Woofiedog

LW_Icarus
05-30-2005, 04:11 AM
Yup, cant word it any better myself so ditto that. thank you men and women of our armed forces, both past and present. S~

-HH- Beebop
05-30-2005, 10:13 AM
What they said.

Here's wishing that all service men and women service on station away from loved ones and family return home soon and safely.

TheGozr
05-30-2005, 10:45 AM
I hope the best to all of you.

badaboom.1
05-30-2005, 01:04 PM
Myself & my family wish all Veterans & active service men & women a very happy Memorial Day,Thank you for our freedom & Democratic way of life.

PBNA-Boosher
05-30-2005, 09:29 PM
Thy services are far too deeply honored to be rendered by petty words. Let us instead look to the skies for inspiration. May your souls in passing, and our soldier's souls still living, one day let us be led to the freedom that birds share in that deep blue which is not oceanic, but heavenly.

|Exciter|
05-30-2005, 10:25 PM
Ditto on that woofie!..~S~ to all our vets, i thank you all.

BTW Woofie,,give the pooch a pet for me, cool mutt http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

woofiedog
05-31-2005, 03:07 AM
|Exciter|... Woofiedog say's Thank's

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/woofiedog/pawprint12.gif

Viking-S
05-31-2005, 04:29 AM
Please post topics such as this elsewhere
This is an international forum about the airwar in the Second World War.

"General Discussion
This topic area is for discussion of topics that relate directly to 1C:Maddox Games. PLEASE REMEMBER TO FOLLOW THE FORUM TERMS OF USE AND FORUM GUIDELINES. Inappropriate subjects that are offensive, profanity, and abusive behavior will not be tolerated."

-HH- Beebop
05-31-2005, 06:56 AM
Viking;

Apparently you didn't read the post's carefully. There is no nationalism in them. We are remembering ALL those who gave service to their countries.

Memorial Day may be an "American Holiday" but as I read it, we are remembering everyone who sacrificed their lives in service to their country. You should thank the men and women who serve your country for the peace and security they give you.

Personally I find your post comes closer to violating the TOS of the forum than the other posters.

You need to relax.

BSS_Goat
05-31-2005, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Viking-S:
" Inappropriate subjects that are offensive, profanity, and abusive behavior will not be tolerated."

And how is this topic any of the above?

S! to all! WWII, past present and future.

Viking-S
05-31-2005, 07:30 AM
"General Discussion
This topic area is for discussion of topics that relate directly to 1C:Maddox Games.

And how is this topic any of the above?

BSS_Goat
05-31-2005, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Viking-S:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"General Discussion
This topic area is for discussion of topics that relate directly to 1C:Maddox Games.

And how is this topic any of the above? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IL2 = WWII game
WWII = war
Memorial Day = to honor the men and women who died in all wars

Worf101
05-31-2005, 09:47 AM
Funny thing, I'm a vet.. served my country and all, but little things really bring home how much the world has changed...

One of my uncles was a Korean Vet. He died recently and the Army did his funeral very nicely. He had no kids so the remaining kin gave me the flag... I was touched by the honor... I went out this weekend to find a flag case for the fireplace mantle. Found 3 stores that carried them. Every last one was "made in China".

Not to knock the Chinese people but, the irony of it all slays me. My Uncle was in the Infantry, he survived the ChiCom counter-offensive and probably was shot at by and shot at Chinese "volunteers". Now they make a living making flag cases for dead U.S. Veterans... Sigh...

Da Worfster

PBNA-Boosher
05-31-2005, 02:19 PM
Worf, I'm sure you can go to Home Depot, Lowes (Lowes is better, I find), or your town's local hardware store to get the parts to make one yourself. And I'm also sure that a local carpenter would be glad to make one for you. You could even get a nameplate engraved, for sure.