PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick question.

Sarari
12-19-2011, 03:07 PM
This is just a quick question, and I'm curious and I'd just like to know.

ProdiGurl
12-19-2011, 03:16 PM
I have a problem answering that with the options.

I think it's improving in some ways, but not improving in others...

Story needs serious amping up w/ suspense, mystery & romance intensity (if they're going to add it),
Yet I http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif some of the new additions & upgrades to the Recruiting system.

So to me, it's a trade off. I'd choose 'staying the same', but that makes it seem like I'm saying that they're doing nothing to make it better or it's stagnant & blah when I don't think it's either of those things.

From my perspective, I loved ACB & ACR both, so...
Maybe I'm not understanding the options properly.

Sarari
12-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Personally, I'd trade the kill streak and some oft the new animations for a great story again.

ProdiGurl
12-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Well I don't think it has to be a trade off if the Writers are just not doing a good job with story writing tho.

They need work on character building & suspense (which they did accomplish once w/ Yusuf near the end).

I just felt more ups & downs in ACII than the last two.

B_Crispino
12-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Not much has changed since AC2 (i know, there are the recruits, hookblade, and all, but in the gameplay, a change like the AC1 to AC2 has never happened)... i believe they are keeping the good stuff to AC3... lets wait and see...

Sarari
12-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Maria's death and Yusuf's death didn't affect me at all. I can tell that the writers tried hard to make it sad but it really didn't work. It only worked with Altair.

And it could be a trade off. Hire the old writers from AC1 and 2 and take out all the corny long counters and combos (which costs money to make new ones).

ProdiGurl
12-19-2011, 04:07 PM
I cared alot more about Yusuf's - he was my favorite Character. I didn't expect that & was bummed. It got me wired up to go kick some guard butt.

Maria's didn't affect me mainly bcuz I thought she created her own demise by not letting Altair take care of biness like he should have.
Either choice he would've made would have brought about negative consequences, but he'd at least still have the love of his life.

Sarari
12-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Yea, but I hate her for that. She's so into doing the right thing. It me off lol. Sorry for the language.

But no death in the game really made me feel weird other than Tarik's. Almost every death in AC1 made me think.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Don't be sorry, just don't do it. </span> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

ProdiGurl
12-20-2011, 10:09 AM
The Tarik thing bothered me - I felt horrible about that.
I always thought he resembled that actor that starred in "The Professional" w/ Gary Oldman back in like... 94?

& ya, figure how many died becuz of doing 'the right thing'. It may not have been the right thing after all in hind sight. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Captain Tomatoz
12-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Has Corey May still got a role in the storytelling. He was lead story writer for AC and ACII. But not for ACB or ACR.

If he isn't then that could be the reason the story isn't as dramatic.

I personally liked the stories for the last 2 but I agree that the suspense and emotions seem to be lacking.

Assassin_M
12-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

I think it's improving in some ways, but not improving in others...

properly.

This

Sarari
12-20-2011, 06:05 PM
Yes they did change the story writer/s. I think it was the only downfall of the whole series. The story isn't gonna get any better in my opinion, unless they hire the old writer/s.

brick177
12-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Maybe the old writers have been working on AC3 and they've had the "B" team on these little in-between titles.

roostersrule2
12-20-2011, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by brick177:
Maybe the old writers have been working on AC3 and they've had the "B" team on these little in-between titles. I'm pretty sure that's whats happened so that means AC3 should be amazing.

EzioAssassin51
12-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by roostersrule2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brick177:
Maybe the old writers have been working on AC3 and they've had the "B" team on these little in-between titles. I'm pretty sure that's whats happened so that means AC3 should be amazing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't it be awesome if Ubisoft pulled a huge fast one on us and revealed those people who haven't been working on ACR (the writer was replaced from 2 and B i think and Patrice) were suddenly revealed to have been working on AC3 for the past 2 - 3 years? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

But anyway, I think it's been improving, I've liked each game better than the next and I have no doubt AC3 will be even better!

I trust Ubisoft to give AC3 the best story, I know they won't let this series go out with disappointment, but then again, some people will say they are disappointed and complain anyway, just because they can.

JumpInTheFire13
12-20-2011, 11:47 PM
The question is, is Ubi even aware that the last 2 games were disapointing? I know that its the general consensus on these forums but does Ubi even read them?

Assassin_M
12-20-2011, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by JumpInTheFire13:
The question is, is Ubi even aware that the last 2 games were disapointing? I know that its the general consensus on these forums but does Ubi even read them?
I beg to differ.
The last 2 games were far from disappointing..
sure they had some mishaps, but definitely not disappointing..