PDA

View Full Version : Understanding The Assassins Creed 1 Story

smengler
07-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Hi,

I've just finished the first Assassin's Creed game, so I'm sure that there are people who can help clarify some things for me. I looked on google but only found a bit of information.

At the end, why is the apple not destroyed? Is this relevant to the story? It says that Altair is too weak to destroy it, but doesn't say what really happens. Also, what is this apple really and what does it do? It seems to brainwash people, but I got confused at the end of the game. On the map (or globe) that appears at the end, are those supposed to be locations of more of these "Pieces of Eden"?

Thanks,
Steven

GunnarGunderson
07-27-2011, 06:07 PM
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">At the end, why is the apple not destroyed? Is this relevant to the story? It says that Altair is too weak to destroy it, but doesn't say what really happens.</span>
Both, Altair doesn't have the will to destroy it and the only thing that was shown to be capable of destroying a PoE is electricity, which as you know didn't exist in 1191

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Also, what is this apple really and what does it do? It seems to brainwash people, but I got confused at the end of the game.</span>
Apples of Eden allow the user to control the hearts and minds of those who gaze upon it aswell as perform supernatural feats (to a certain limit)

<span class="ev_code_GREEN"> On the map (or globe) that appears at the end, are those supposed to be locations of more of these "Pieces of Eden"?</span>
Yes

LightRey
07-27-2011, 06:07 PM
basically all your guesses are correct. :P
The apple wasn't destroyed because Alta´r didn't want to (yet) and yes, it's most definitely relevant to the story. The main function of the apple seems to be to control people's minds, but there appear to be a number of other functions. Some of which are revealed in the existing sequels. I'm sure some more will be revealed in ACR.

xCr0wnedNorris
07-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by BradKinn:
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">At the end, why is the apple not destroyed? Is this relevant to the story? It says that Altair is too weak to destroy it, but doesn't say what really happens.</span>
Both, Altair doesn't have the will to destroy it and the only thing that was shown to be capable of destroying a PoE is electricity, which as you know didn't exist in 1191
Well it actually did in the form of lightning, we just didn't know how to harness it for power yet. But meh, this is just me being technical and whatnot.

LightRey
07-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BradKinn:
Well it actually did in the form of lightning, we just didn't know how to harness it for power yet. But meh, this is just me being technical and whatnot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If only they knew...
all they'd have needed was a lightning rod.

smengler
07-27-2011, 07:43 PM
Thanks everyone! I read some of the emails from the laptop, but all of that stuff I don't think is too important (yet) and will be explained in later games.

Now since my questions are answered, I'm going to be a bit off-topic and ask another question. I want to play the new game when it comes out in November, but I don't think I'll have time to play the two others before then. Do you think that either of the previous two games "must" be played so that the story makes sense? Is reading about the stories from the games on the internet good enough? Is Brotherhood really important to the story? If I had to play one of the two, should I play Assassin's Creed 2 or Brotherhood?

GunnarGunderson
07-27-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by smengler:
Thanks everyone! I read some of the emails from the laptop, but all of that stuff I don't think is too important (yet) and will be explained in later games.

Now since my questions are answered, I'm going to be a bit off-topic and ask another question. I want to play the new game when it comes out in November, but I don't think I'll have time to play the two others before then. Do you think that either of the previous two games "must" be played so that the story makes sense? Is reading about the stories from the games on the internet good enough? Is Brotherhood really important to the story? If I had to play one of the two, should I play Assassin's Creed 2 or Brotherhood?

You'll probably need to play all of them to get Revelations. I'm pretty sure you can play the 2 before ACR comes out though

Jakob4242
07-27-2011, 08:27 PM

Unless you live an extremely busy life, you should have time for both (Roughly about 15 hrs each, maybe less if the side missions are skipped). If you don't have time for both, I recommended playing ACII. You'll get a majority of the information from this game. However if you skip Brotherhood there is some information pertaining to Desmond's story that you'll need to read about online, before playing Revelations.

NewBlade200
07-27-2011, 08:32 PM
AC2 and Brohood are both important to the story, but you could probably watch them both online.
I'd say get AC2 for a fun and intriguing experience, but skip on Brohood.
Bottom line is use YouTube for both unless you have the disposable income for AC2.

Lalalalaaaa
07-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Personally I had played AC1 and then Brotherhood when it came out. I did watch all of AC2 on youtube before I played brotherhood so I wasn't completely in the dark. That being said I have played AC2 since. I would think that maybe playing Brotherhood would be better only because its more recent and that Revelations will probably build off Brotherhood more than AC2. I would also suggest that if you do decide to watch one of youtube to make sure you watch The Truth videos as well as the puzzles (theres usually important info there).

InfectedNation
07-28-2011, 02:55 AM
Borrow them both off a friend or take a trip to your local rental shop - Play both games to the fullest potential (you still have over 3 months!) - Then once Revelations is yours, you will really appreciate it as much as possible.

LightRey
07-28-2011, 05:27 AM
Yeah, play the games. Else you'll just go from one wtf to another.

Abeonis
07-28-2011, 06:37 AM
Play AC2 and Brotherhood. In fact, if you had done that already, you wouldn't have needed to create this thread asking questions which get answered in those two games.

Assassin_M
07-28-2011, 06:41 AM
I can only Imagine the look on his face if he decides to skip AC II and Brotherhood to play Revelations Straight off, It will be priceless, The first person to say WTF at the end and Beginning.

smengler
07-28-2011, 12:29 PM
I seem to have a lot of opposition here. Maybe I'll borrow AC2 then and Brotherhood if I have time. I'm not at home much in the summer where my PS3 is, so I don't have much time to play it. I'm really slow at playing games, I started AC1 in March and finished it yesterday, but I only played it once in a while. Anyways, thanks for your help, the story is definitely important then. I found that the first game was really good (but repetitive), so I'll have to try the other games as well.

LightRey
07-28-2011, 01:01 PM
I seem to have a lot of opposition here. Maybe I'll borrow AC2 then and Brotherhood if I have time. I'm not at home much in the summer where my PS3 is, so I don't have much time to play it. I'm really slow at playing games, I started AC1 in March and finished it yesterday, but I only played it once in a while. Anyways, thanks for your help, the story is definitely important then. I found that the first game was really good (but repetitive), so I'll have to try the other games as well.
Well we're all AC fans here after all. It's like asking a lion if you should become a vegetarian. Playing ACII and ACB will be worth it though.

smengler
07-28-2011, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smengler:
Well we're all AC fans here after all. It's like asking a lion if you should become a vegetarian. Playing ACII and ACB will be worth it though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's true, I probably should have expected it. It's a good forum here. Lots of replies within two days where other forums you might get one reply a week. I was playing Infamous 1 at the same time as AC1, and the story was not interesting at all (except for the ending). I think you've got me sold on the other two assassins creed games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LightRey
07-28-2011, 02:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smengler:
Well we're all AC fans here after all. It's like asking a lion if you should become a vegetarian. Playing ACII and ACB will be worth it though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's true, I probably should have expected it. It's a good forum here. Lots of replies within two days where other forums you might get one reply a week. I was playing Infamous 1 at the same time as AC1, and the story was not interesting at all (except for the ending). I think you've got me sold on the other two assassins creed games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
lol, that's good to hear http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.
Watch out while you're on the forums though. There are spoilers everywhere.