PDA

View Full Version : I have big problems with Singapore map.

Kuna15
12-07-2005, 02:26 PM
Well I have played three campaigns on that map so far and in two of them I get missions that greatly exceeds my aircrafts range. Thus making that missions impossible.

I've played with Hurri and Ki-43. Third I played with G4M never had problems but on the other hand with its 6000km range capability it is really no wonder.

vocatx
12-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Are you talking about missions included on the PF disc, or user-made missions? Also, you can greatly extend the range of many aircraft by proper engine management. You can reduce your manifold pressure and prop pitch and get many more miles from a tank of fuel when cruising.

Kuna15
12-07-2005, 04:28 PM
These are stock campaigns. IJN G4M, IJA Ki-43, RAF Hurricane 1942 Singapore.

And no, no management helps there... I am short by great ammount of fuel. G4M works however perfectly because of great range (6000km).

For test you can start one career (preferably RAF Hurricane, that one is about every third mission impossible, Hayabusa now and then). Hit autopilot and see for yourself (avoid being shot down in the process http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif). It works on shorter routes but game will create large waypoint route and that's it.

Mission impossible http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Oz_Canuck
12-07-2005, 05:19 PM
Hmm...I have started that campaign and had to crash land or bail twice...ran out of fuel. It seems that if you get caught in furball or make a side trip to shoot up a column, ya don't make it home. I hope this doesn't continue. Has anyone else flown this doomed campaign?

3.JG51_BigBear
12-07-2005, 06:29 PM
I tried the Ki43 campaign when PF was first released. If you leave it up to the AI you'll never make it back. If you fly with very conservative mixture, pitch and throttle settings you can make it back on something like a regular basis. I only played a handful of missions and then gave it up.

vocatx
12-07-2005, 07:49 PM
I have only done the first five or six missions on the Ki-43 campaign so far. I guess I haven't gotten far enough in to have this happen to me. I'll have to try a few more missions on it to see if it happens to me.

When I haven't gotten shot down, I've been able to make the entire flight and RTB without running out of fuel...so far. I am, however, a big fan of complex engine management, and I usually lean the mixture fairly radically and set my RPMs pretty low for cruising.

mortoma
12-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Same thing has happened to me. I don't care if I can make it or not by using conservative mixture, prop and throttle settings. I want the AI to make it back too, just as badly as I want to make it back myself. Losing all of you AI buddies is harmful to how well the campaign goes. You really want them to make it back if possible. Unless you constantly want to be flying with new AI recruits who are "novice level" AI. While the enemy has ace level AI. The Brewster usually can go the long distances but the Hurricane is a very short range fighter/intercepter and they always run out of fuel at the end of the long distance sorties.

GerritJ9
12-08-2005, 03:32 AM
The Hurricane simply does not have the range to fully carry out most of the missions allocated in the PF campaign. The only Allied fighter which does have the range is the Buffalo. I usually abandoned the mission if fuel shortage threatened, as it did on most occasions- it's the only option if you want to return to base.

nakamura_kenji
12-08-2005, 03:40 AM
i never problem ai run out fuel ki-43 singapore but have no play campaign since 4.01 as be busy fly ki-61 new guinea. maybe thing change. ki-43/ki-100 good range if play mixture throttle can happy fly 25% online ^_^

antifreeze
12-08-2005, 04:12 AM
Would the 'MissionDistance' variable help in this instance?
In conf.ini under the [DGen] section, paste:
MissionDistance=X where X is between 0 and 300.

I'm not sure whether it would help on the Singapore map, but
it seems to work for Hawaii, Midway and Marianas.

Kuna15
12-08-2005, 06:41 AM
@ Antifreeze that's an excellent idea. however I don't know (can't remember tbh) if that sort of things work only before you start the campaign (coded in campaign files) or game reads that conf.ini section ([DGen]) every time campaign starts. I have to check that one.

That is the answer to the problem if I can make that to work on my already ongoing campaign.

I have noticed that only 2-3 times so far in all my time with FB campaigns (I have played t0n of missions in various theatres).

About Hayabusa on Singapore map I will try to post a picture of that specific mission route (if I get it again) that exceeds Ki-43 range -- and does not work for me. PF missions are repeating, switching between two maybe three sort of mission types with few different routes. So there is a good chance that I will get that mission again.

DmdSeeker
12-08-2005, 07:57 AM
I have exactly the same problem.

It's nice to have new planes and such; but I'd rather have a "game issues" patch next time.

mortoma
12-08-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Antifreeze:
Would the 'MissionDistance' variable help in this instance?
In conf.ini under the [DGen] section, paste:
MissionDistance=X where X is between 0 and 300.

I'm not sure whether it would help on the Singapore map, but
it seems to work for Hawaii, Midway and Marianas. The mission distance parameter does not work with Pacific campaigns, except when carriers are involved. If your flight takes off from a ground base, it will have no effect.

Nor does the CampaignMissions script work, since Vadim ( Starshoy ) made only one level of ops###.dat files for the Pacific side. The eastern front campaigns have easy, normal and hard versions of ops files for every subcampaign. So if you put in the line, "CampaignMission=Hard" in your conf.ini, it will only affect eastern front missions as far as how many enemy planes you find yourself up against. There are even more differences between the Pacific and Eastern front Dgen campaigns, just can't think of any others now.

Kuna15
12-08-2005, 11:37 AM
Mortoma thanks for info.