PDA

View Full Version : Request to toggle off the radio command menu

Tallyho1961
09-06-2005, 07:34 AM
Hello developers,

With the appearance of Shift_E's Voice Activated Command program, it is now almost possible for us to fly completely without on-screen text messages to diminish the immersion factor.

- We can turn off the HUD
- We can turn off the Speed Bar

At this point, however, we cannot turn off the 'radio command menu'.

This would be a very nice option to add to the conf.ini, so that when a voice command is issued, and responded to by the AI, the menu does not simultaneously appear in the top left hand corner of the screen.

Thank you for a great product!

Dave.

Tallyho1961
09-06-2005, 07:34 AM
Hello developers,

With the appearance of Shift_E's Voice Activated Command program, it is now almost possible for us to fly completely without on-screen text messages to diminish the immersion factor.

- We can turn off the HUD
- We can turn off the Speed Bar

At this point, however, we cannot turn off the 'radio command menu'.

This would be a very nice option to add to the conf.ini, so that when a voice command is issued, and responded to by the AI, the menu does not simultaneously appear in the top left hand corner of the screen.

Thank you for a great product!

Dave.

Bearcat99
09-07-2005, 07:53 AM
That is absolutely true and a vewry good post.. I was just thinking about that....

Tallyho1961
09-08-2005, 08:56 PM
I had a feeling you'd feel the same way - I'm an immersion junkie, too. Since posting I completed setting up all 160, or so, radio commands in VAC. It was two hours well spent.

I find VAC to be almost as significant as Track IR in terms of adding to the realistic-feeling of this sim. All that's left on my HOTAS at this point is aircraft controls - which is as it should be.

- Control a/c with HOTAS/pedals.
- Control point of view with head.
- Control behaviour of AI squadmates with voice.

That's simulation in my book http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Now, if we could just ditch that pesky menu...

Hopefully others will weigh in here.