PDA

View Full Version : Open gl or direct x for ati

Recon Ace
12-20-2004, 12:31 PM
which drivers are better for ati. open gl or direct x. Also there are a few planes in which I cant raise or lower the landing gear. I have it set to the G button but it doesnt work. I also tried manual raising. I think one plane is one of the carrier planes for the US. any ideas

tsisqua
12-20-2004, 12:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Recon Ace:
which drivers are better for ati. open gl or direct x. Also there are a few planes in which I cant raise or lower the landing gear. I have it set to the G button but it doesnt work. I also tried manual raising. I think one plane is one of the carrier planes for the US. any ideas <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me answer your last question first:

You have to assign a key to raise, another to lower, and you must continue to tap those keys until the gear is in position. This was done to keep you busy, simulating the actual experience of a pilot in one of these babies that had to do it as well.

Now, the IL2 engine has been optimized for OpenGL from the very beginning, although some folks get better frame rates with DirectX. The image quality is also somewhat different, and will suit some people's tastes just fine. You will have to try it both ways to see which you like the best, but it won't harm anything to do it either way.

Good Luck, Mate
Tsisqua

F0_Dark_P
12-20-2004, 12:49 PM
Open GL i get a large fps drop when using DirectX on that with the gers i dont know are you pressing the manual raising button repeatedly?

EDIT: ah tsisqua you got first http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

RoughRaider1
12-20-2004, 03:11 PM
Try open gl and set the terrain to perfect mode. If it runs fine, there will be no question of directx or open gl since you can't get perfect mode in direct x.