PDA

View Full Version : WOW Skip Bombing ...Great effect...

Konn1961
11-07-2004, 10:19 PM
Hello All,
I just bought PF and was playing around and found out that you can Skip bomb in this game! I have not been able to do this in a game except in 1942 Pacific Air War.(Micropose)
What is Skip bombing you ask? It is flying in low toward a ship and droping your bombs before you get to the target and having the bomb bounce toward the ship's side and BLAMO just like a torpedo.
To do this I flew at about 50 to 70 ft above the water( at about 100ft did not bounce all the time)at 400kts+(or as fast as can the faster the better)and drop the bomb.The bombs will bounce a few times(about 5 for a 1000lb bomb, the heaver the more bounces). Helps to avoid flak from ships and make hits on on them more often.
Lots of Fun...

Also I have to ask,Does any one think that the view inside of the Corsair is right, as the wings do not look like gull wings (ak 1942 Pacific Air war),but look more like normal wings.Seems to me that the angle is off a little.

I also found that if you hit the dive brake key in the Corsair the the main landing gear comes down but the tail hook and wheel go up thru the body of the plane. bug?

Michael

Longjocks
11-07-2004, 10:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Konn1961:
I also found that if you hit the dive brake key in the Corsair the the main landing gear comes down but the tail hook and wheel go up thru the body of the plane. bug? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Well, it does slow your plane down. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

SeaFireLIV
11-08-2004, 02:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Konn1961:

I also found that if you hit the dive brake key in the Corsair the the main landing gear comes down but the tail hook and wheel go up thru the body of the plane. bug?

Michael <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, accurate.

matkal808
11-08-2004, 02:47 AM
Hello All,
I just bought PF and was playing around and found out that you can Skip bomb in this game! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i found that too, but after reading comments about this game i would say thats a bug rather than game feauture

sapre
11-08-2004, 03:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by matkal808:
Hello All,
I just bought PF and was playing around and found out that you can Skip bomb in this game! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i found that too, but after reading comments about this game i would say thats a bug rather than game feauture <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haa? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif