PDA

View Full Version : Quick Mission Builder Feature

Galaboo
03-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Hey, haven't posted in here ages, recently just got back into IL2 and lovining it though I've always thought of a feature that would make Quick Mission Builder perfect.

Add a speed option for your plane to be travelling at as it is created, I've noticed that you start off at 300 indicated air speed, which can make you fall well beyond the current altitude you choose.

The situation option when choosing Advantage will put you 500 - 1000 meters above your enemies though the speed you are set at by default makes you fall 3 quarters of the altitude that you have the advantage of which renders this option pointless.

I was thinking, adding an option in the customization screen (Where you can set your fuel, skins, squadron, bomb loadout) of your plane which will allow you to freely select the speed of the selected aircraft as it is created in Quick Mission Builder.

Your thoughts?

Galaboo
03-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Hey, haven't posted in here ages, recently just got back into IL2 and lovining it though I've always thought of a feature that would make Quick Mission Builder perfect.

Add a speed option for your plane to be travelling at as it is created, I've noticed that you start off at 300 indicated air speed, which can make you fall well beyond the current altitude you choose.

The situation option when choosing Advantage will put you 500 - 1000 meters above your enemies though the speed you are set at by default makes you fall 3 quarters of the altitude that you have the advantage of which renders this option pointless.

I was thinking, adding an option in the customization screen (Where you can set your fuel, skins, squadron, bomb loadout) of your plane which will allow you to freely select the speed of the selected aircraft as it is created in Quick Mission Builder.

Your thoughts?

PBNA-Boosher
03-29-2007, 11:18 PM
This is not possible. A good idea though.

Galaboo
03-30-2007, 12:45 AM
Not possible? I can't see how that is so :-S

Bearcat99
04-02-2007, 10:13 PM
Mission Mate (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=8)

SlowBurn68
04-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Mission mate is great - But why can't they just allow all of the maps to be selected in QMB. This would be a huge enhancement and would think it would't take much effort programing.

Bearcat99
04-04-2007, 02:30 PM
I have asked myself the same thing.... I figure ever since the UQMG & MM it became a moot point... so O & 1c decided to not waste time with it.

nearmiss
04-12-2007, 08:58 PM
The quick mission builder is just exactly what it is called.

The FMB is just as easy to prepare missions, especially if you want no more features than the Quick Mission builder.

You can actually just build a mission on the map you want, set it up with the aircraft & waypoints. You can fly the mission a jillion times, and you all you have to do is load the FMB to change it.

Sure you have to learn a little about the FMB, but that's no a BIG BRAIN project.

Another thing you can do. If you have a mission you downloaded and really like it load it into the mission files under the country. The go into the FMB and load the mission, and you can tweak it for aircraft, etc.

The FMB is a a no brainer after a few hours and you can have alot more fun with the sim than flying the QMB.

Goodluck