PDA

View Full Version : Damage models in 3.02

Von_Rat
12-15-2004, 09:54 AM
is it just me or have all planes gotten tougher in 3.02. ive seen other threads with the allies whining, oops im sorry, i mean discussing about 50.s seeming weaker.

they might be on to somthing, but i don't think its just the 50.s.

my personal favorite is the spits soaking up multi 30mms, and still dogfighting. but i don't think its confined to any one plane or side.

it seems to me that either weapons are weaker or dms stronger, has any non .50 user noticed this. im sure we're all already aware where they stand.lol.

Gryphonne
12-15-2004, 10:02 AM
I'm not sure what v you play, but in 3.02 the Mk108 destroys any a/c in one hit and the MG151/20 seems more powerful than ever, i'm happy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Gryphon

Wingstrut_1
12-15-2004, 10:08 AM
I think it took a step backwards.

I see many Japanese planes simply breaking up in air with no fire/no explosion. This is NOT accurate nor historical. I suspect they toned down the flamer element of their damage modelling to apease complainers for "gameplay" reasons.

Anyone seeing any WWII gun camera footage as well as written descriptions of actions will see that Japanese aircraft lacking armor were almost always seen cathing fire first before falling apart or while falling apart. As it stands now, it looks like flaming has been turned way down. It needs to be corrected.

It becomes "arcade like" with planes simply breaking up with no flame. I cannot imagine moving this to an arcade like sim is what was intended and I understand its a "work in progress" in terms of development and refinement.

Von_Rat
12-15-2004, 10:14 AM
i play 3.02, and while mg151 doesn't really seem any weaker, as if it was strong to begin with. its all planes dm's or weapons im concerned with hearing opinions about.

but i know that spits are taking multi 30mm hits often, somthing i didn't notice them doing before. sure i somtimes get em with one, but thats the exception.

im not just picking on the spit, in my opinion all planes seem tougher.

gates123
12-15-2004, 10:39 AM
Von Rat you must be seeing some packet loss in your 30mm hits cuz I sware since this patch whenever I get in trouble in a spit it gets sawed in half with one rd. I wish more servers hosted historical planes sets cuz its always the same old 44/45 western front planes going at it and everyone wants to blast US and Brit A/C with a 30mm. I think the Russian in-line 20mm's are a much better match for firepower against late war LW.

TgD Thunderbolt56
12-15-2004, 11:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gates123:
Von Rat you must be seeing some packet loss in your 30mm hits cuz I sware since this patch whenever I get in trouble in a spit it gets sawed in half with one rd. I wish more servers hosted historical planes sets cuz its always the same old 44/45 western front planes going at it and everyone wants to blast US and Brit A/C with a 30mm. I think the Russian in-line 20mm's are a much better match for firepower against late war LW. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must agree with you here Gate. I'd rather see an La5 available in the 43' planesets with the G2 and only occassional G6 (non AS) along with an A4-5 flavored 190 than the constant "Spit vs A9/G10". No whining, but this game is SOOOO diverse, it's a shame to see it so one dimensional online with few exceptions.

My .02c

JG54_Arnie
12-15-2004, 11:43 AM
Check out EasternHotshots Gates, there's currently four easternfront maps and one westernfront map rotating, so hop in tonight or sometime to check it out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

As for the DM and weapons, I didnt notice a difference in the .50's, they kill as hard as before and definitely aint weak, cannons seem to do better damage due to improved DM's of most Russian planes for one.

I still see Spits and P-51's taking multiple 108 hits although I dont fly planes with those weapons much, so its very possible it changed for the better. The mentioned planes were able to shake of many 108 hits before sometimes.

faustnik
12-15-2004, 01:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gates123:
Von Rat you must be seeing some packet loss in your 30mm hits cuz I sware since this patch whenever I get in trouble in a spit it gets sawed in half with one rd. I wish more servers hosted historical planes sets cuz its always the same old 44/45 western front planes going at it and everyone wants to blast US and Brit A/C with a 30mm. I think the Russian in-line 20mm's are a much better match for firepower against late war LW. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no question that Mk108s completely change a DF server or COOP. I would love to see the Mk108 versions of a/c as seperate planes (yeah, I know its too much work). As part of that some Mg151 armed late 109s would be good.

Von_Rat
12-15-2004, 08:10 PM
i doubt its packet loss, i see the explosions, and they do some damage, but it shouldnt be taking so many.

as for 108s changing a server, you know theres a reason people take 108s to fight fighters rather than higher rate of fire and more accurate and easier to hit with mg151s. its because mg151 is unhistorically weak or fighters way to tough.

LeadSpitter_
12-16-2004, 12:34 AM
S vonrat good job exploding my p39 a few times in your 190 the other night. I always take 20mm over 108 cannon always

Von_Rat
12-16-2004, 03:46 AM
S leadspitter, some wild dogfighting that night wasn't it.

i think i was using the 09 with the mk108 that nite.
after paying closer attention to how i hit planes with 108s, it seems that a fu****e hit right near a wing root, explodes a plane quite often. hits on the tail or wing, even 90 degree hits on wing don't seem to have near the correct effect.
this seems to apply to the mg151 also. hmmm maybe the p39 has this problem to, i remember you saying somthing about hitting a 09s wing with your p39s cannon, and not having any effect., i'll have to check.
thats my 2 cents anyhow.