PDA

View Full Version : Just One Request

WaterPoloLaw
03-22-2011, 03:36 PM
There is just one thing I am asking for in this game...just one.

BETTER AI.

The ONLY bad thing about HOMM5 in my opinion was that the computer needed ZERO resources. If you isolated the computer on an island without any mines, the computer would still build just as normally as it would otherwise.

That said, I do feel that the HOMMV programming was lazy. The AI should not be based on cheating. If I take one of the computer's mines, then that should be reflected in how the computer plays. Likewise, if I let the computer take more mines, then it should have more resources at its diposal.

The only thing I am asking for is that the AI not revolve around lazy programming.

That is all.

GamerGeek87
03-22-2011, 03:47 PM
I believe I read somewhere that the AI would not cheat anymore except on the highest difficulty setting. Im not entirely sure though, but I wholeheartedly agree with you it was a very bad aspect of h5.

Nalafein
03-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Better A.I is sort of requierd i guess. Cheating or not cheating.. Else you just learn how to outsmart a computer and the game gets dull.

amonkoth
03-24-2011, 09:28 PM
I agree.

On a general note , i think that , sadly , A.I is forgotten by most of devs in any type of game these days and i find it very important .

mcgslo
03-25-2011, 02:20 AM
You know that noone made non-cheating A.I. ... actually noone created A.I. that can "think" for itself or have ability to create, or invent new tactics on the fly...

A.I. programing is the hardest thing to do. Shure you can script and put some IF sentances but that will not be smartness and you can trick A.I prety easy once you know how it is scripted.

But i agree that it can be done 100% better than H5...

But for H6 first thing i want from A.I is quickness. If A.I is so stupid like in H5 it should play out its turn in 1s not in 5min. So A.I TURNs need to be less than 5s/per AI or MAX 10s on extra large maps.

If it would think and act diferntly every time or if it would have some distinct behaviour that can change in MID game... yea... please surprise me... i chalange DEVs to give us their best "shot" at AI http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Nalafein
03-25-2011, 05:41 AM
word! Thus, how much can we expect from the A.I?
Its not like computer intelligence is equal to humans yet. :P

But A.I should atleast outsmart A.I from the 90s.