PDA

View Full Version : A very interesting analysis...

Poodle_of_Doom
07-30-2011, 09:38 PM
I think this is an interesting analysis of The Truth Video. Watch this, and tell me what you folks think.

Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT9JDSNYt4g)

Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ZfModLmg4&NR=1)

twenty_glyphs
07-30-2011, 10:42 PM
I've seen it before and thought it was interesting. I still don't think there is a third person with Adam and Eve while they are running. He has a third video where he points out the device that Eve is wearing on her arm and shows that it can't hold the Apple. I think this analysis is where I first realized that Eve doesn't have the Apple until the very end of the video.

I also think that the Truth video is out of sequence and missing something. We see Adam and Eve climb up a building without an Apple, then suddenly have one at the end on the roof. I am also positive that the roof Adam and Eve are on in the wide shot of Eden and the closeups of Eve showing the Apple are completely different. The closeup roof looks like it slopes down as it gets further from the camera, but the wide shot one looks completely flat. Also in the closeup you can see tree tops just beyond the roof, but there are no trees to be seen close to the roof in the wide shot. The background buildings also don't match between the two shots. It's hard to imagine all of that is a mistake since these buildings would have all been modeled in the computer. I think these are just clips from a longer video sequence, and may be out of order in places too.

I think and hope that Revelations finally shows us this in its entirety. What I really want is to play through the whole memory as Adam or Eve and free-run around Eden. That would be so exciting to play through the moment that finally answers this part of the mystery.

ThaWhistle
07-30-2011, 10:51 PM
jesus that was annoying, was recorded in a wind tunnel or something?

Poodle_of_Doom
07-30-2011, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
jesus that was annoying, was recorded in a wind tunnel or something?

Yeah, the quality is bad. But he points out some really cool stuff.

Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
I've seen it before and thought it was interesting. I still don't think there is a third person with Adam and Eve while they are running. He has a third video where he points out the device that Eve is wearing on her arm and shows that it can't hold the Apple. I think this analysis is where I first realized that Eve doesn't have the Apple until the very end of the video.

I also think that the Truth video is out of sequence and missing something. We see Adam and Eve climb up a building without an Apple, then suddenly have one at the end on the roof. I am also positive that the roof Adam and Eve are on in the wide shot of Eden and the closeups of Eve showing the Apple are completely different. The closeup roof looks like it slopes down as it gets further from the camera, but the wide shot one looks completely flat. Also in the closeup you can see tree tops just beyond the roof, but there are no trees to be seen close to the roof in the wide shot. The background buildings also don't match between the two shots. It's hard to imagine all of that is a mistake since these buildings would have all been modeled in the computer. I think these are just clips from a longer video sequence, and may be out of order in places too.

I think and hope that Revelations finally shows us this in its entirety. What I really want is to play through the whole memory as Adam or Eve and free-run around Eden. That would be so exciting to play through the moment that finally answers this part of the mystery.

I just thought it was amazing that the video is different between the xbox and ps3....

ThaWhistle
07-30-2011, 11:08 PM
got a TL;DR version? cuz I can't listen to that, it as torture

Calvarok
07-30-2011, 11:16 PM
Eve carries the apple even though she can't carry it for the same reason Ezio carries the apple in a bag half it's size near the end of AC2, and carries giant seals in nothing. It's something that they never explain, and isn't canon. all we can do is chalk it up to the animus/it being a video game.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-30-2011, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
got a TL;DR version? cuz I can't listen to that, it as torture

TL;DR? I don't know what that means,.... sorry.

@ Cal:

I realize we could chalk it up to that. I just think the whole thing, how it's broken down and analyzed is really kind of neat.

O6EvolutionIXMR
07-30-2011, 11:52 PM
Hey, my video is in the first link as a "video response" right underneath it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

roostersrule2
07-31-2011, 01:06 AM

I think and hope that Revelations finally shows us this in its entirety. What I really want is to play through the whole memory as Adam or Eve and free-run around Eden. That would be so exciting to play through the moment that finally answers this part of the mystery. o just looked at the truth again and when they show the wide shot of the building there are no broken windows so you could be right

Mutley_Rulz
07-31-2011, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

TL;DR = Too long; Didn't Read

Poodle_of_Doom
07-31-2011, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Mutley_Rulz:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

TL;DR = Too long; Didn't Read </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh... in that case, sorry. I don't have a higher quality video, or any shorter explination.

flyingeaglemile
07-31-2011, 11:54 AM
Well I don`t know if the video talked about this at all but if there is a third person (I personally don`t think there is) it`s probably going to be "Satan" because in the bible he`s the one who convinces Eve to take the apple. It could be interesting how they use in AC to make Satan be a kind of good guy and they could make Desmond related to Adam, 16 related to Satan (or have Satan be a outcast TWCB that helped the humans escape captivity.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-31-2011, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by flyingeaglemile:
Well I don`t know if the video talked about this at all but if there is a third person (I personally don`t think there is) it`s probably going to be "Satan" because in the bible he`s the one who convinces Eve to take the apple. It could be interesting how they use in AC to make Satan be a kind of good guy and they could make Desmond related to Adam, 16 related to Satan (or have Satan be a outcast TWCB that helped the humans escape captivity.

Dude, good catch.

Blind2Society
07-31-2011, 07:24 PM
He does make some good points in those videos but watching them was torture. I can't believe I actualy watched both.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-31-2011, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
He does make some good points in those videos but watching them was torture. I can't believe I actualy watched both.

I thought the sound quality was very poor, and that he was a bit monotoned. But it was interesting.

Blind2Society
07-31-2011, 09:33 PM
He has some good points, but in my opinion that was the worst, most annoying youtube video I have ever had the displeasure of watching. (I could elaborate if you really would like me to but please don't.) I'd rather put the video behind me and converse about the iteresting points he so ineloquently brought to my attention.

For example, it is quite interesting to think that there was indeed a third person and that person was S16's ancestor. Then again that could have been used simply for visual style but who knows. He pretty much had me convinced until he started talking about birds and flying people.

Also, how Eve ended up with the apple is one hell of a question. I think at this point it is accepted that there are multiple apples and the ones Eve and Minerva (I think that is clearly Minerva) are holding could be two different ones and they simply didn't show it on Eve out of lazyness. I don't really know, I'm just speculating.

Hopefully Revelations will reveal to us the answers to these most intriguing questions.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-31-2011, 09:41 PM
For example, it is quite interesting to think that there was indeed a third person and that person was S16's ancestor. Then again that could have been used simply for visual style but who knows. He pretty much had me convinced until he started talking about birds and flying people.

I didn't see any birds, and for the life of me, couldn't figure out what he was talking about there. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thought he was nuts.

Also, how Eve ended up with the apple is one hell of a question. I think at this point it is accepted that there are multiple apples and the ones Eve and Minerva (I think that is clearly Minerva) are holding could be two different ones and they simply didn't show it on Eve out of lazyness. I don't really know, I'm just speculating.

Like him, I suspect that parts are missing. Who knows though. Mayber there was a third character involved.... I just assumed it was camera angle.

What got me though,... is when the motion stops for his analysis, and he's talking about Eve looking back at you. If you look carefully, she moves her arm back towards the camera, like she's handing off something. I think, that if there was a third person, this is where the apple went while she was climbing.

Blind2Society
07-31-2011, 11:16 PM
I didn't see any birds, and for the life of me, couldn't figure out what he was talking about there. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thought he was nuts.
At first I didn't know what he was talking about either. He had these blank boxes popping up throughout the vid and one happened to pop up towards the middle of the screen right when he mentioned them. This distracted me from realising he was talking about a bunch of white dots on the right side of the screen. His explanation for them however, is border line clinical in my estimation. But hey, I could be wrong.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-01-2011, 09:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
At first I didn't know what he was talking about either. He had these blank boxes popping up throughout the vid and one happened to pop up towards the middle of the screen right when he mentioned them. This distracted me from realising he was talking about a bunch of white dots on the right side of the screen. His explanation for them however, is border line clinical in my estimation. But hey, I could be wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't remember what he said specifically about the birds. All I remember is that I couldn't see what he was talking about. Did you see what I did about Eve reaching back?

zerocooll21
08-01-2011, 10:40 AM
How about explaining the 3rd person view you use the logic from the Altair/Maria scene from ACII? Altair leaves and Desmond is still with maria at which point they zoom to her mid section. Doesn't really make sense how the baby can see from behind them but you get where I'm going?

Poodle_of_Doom
08-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by zerocooll21:
How about explaining the 3rd person view you use the logic from the Altair/Maria scene from ACII? Altair leaves and Desmond is still with maria at which point they zoom to her mid section. Doesn't really make sense how the baby can see from behind them but you get where I'm going?

Desmond was seeing from Altair/The Baby's perspective.

zerocooll21
08-01-2011, 10:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zerocooll21:

Desmond was seeing from Altair/The Baby's perspective. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right, so maybe 16 is viewing from Eve's baby is what I was getting at. Stretch I know, just throwing things out there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Poodle_of_Doom
08-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by zerocooll21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zerocooll21:

Desmond was seeing from Altair/The Baby's perspective. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right, so maybe 16 is viewing from Eve's baby is what I was getting at. Stretch I know, just throwing things out there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see... I understand now.

twenty_glyphs
08-01-2011, 11:33 PM
I remember watching those analysis videos months ago and thinking it was interesting even though annoying to listen to. Then when he started going on about how obviously an ancestor was flying, I just started cracking up. It's so out of left field and crazy. It's so much more likely that the wide angle shot is simply an establishing shot for the memory or for when they reach that roof. The Animus has never been shown to follow exactly behind the protagonists, and has had all kinds of camera angles for cinematic purposes.

After talking about how I think the Truth video is out of sequence, I remembered something Lucy said about Subject 16 in AC2:

A few of the records of his later Animus sessions are missing, and the sessions that are there... After everything the Templars put him through... after everything I put him through... it's all scrambled.

This could possibly mean that even Subject 16's Animus session recordings were being scrambled between memories, or simply getting memories out of order like my theory for the Truth.

zerocooll21
08-02-2011, 04:59 AM
Was watching the ending of ACB and noticed something. Could mean nothing or I'm reading into it too much but why would the apple be flashing symbols of abstergo? You see most of the symbols S16 painted but why would the abstergo be there? They were supposed to be out of the animus at this point so it can't be some part of the animus programming.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f10/zerocooll21/Video%20Games/Untitled.jpg

Was it ever discussed why Altair was able to just roam around some Templar base during the maria chase part of ACII?? Wouldn't the templars want to him dead?

Is there anything in the computer world hardware/software/lingo wise that would describe/support S16 only being able to fully communicate through the darkroom/safe mode boot?

twenty_glyphs
08-02-2011, 08:36 AM
The Abstergo symbol is also shown in the message that Minerva delivers to Ezio/Desmond at the end of AC2. It could be a warning, or that symbol could have some greater meaning and the Templars chose it for their company logo because of that or in spite of not knowing the meaning.

I can't think of much in the computer world that would only allow Subject 16 to communicate through the Dark Room. One thing that Project Legacy's Divine Science Chapter 4 (with the "ghost") made me think of was daemons, who were an ancient Greek concept before the Christian version of evil demons. Daemons were sort of guiding spirits, or humans in spirit form who did work the gods wouldn't. I saw one mention that Zeus had turned some humans into daemons. Some articles said they were also sort of similar to the concept of guardian angels. In the computer world, daemon is a name for low-level programs that run on your machine in the background. Each one handles specific tasks and silently works in the background to keep your computer running. Maybe Subject 16 has been turned into a daemon, and he's a "spirit"/low-level program who can only communicate with Desmond in the lower levels of the machine?

Poodle_of_Doom
08-02-2011, 08:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A few of the records of his later Animus sessions are missing, and the sessions that are there... After everything the Templars put him through... after everything I put him through... it's all scrambled.

This could possibly mean that even Subject 16's Animus session recordings were being scrambled between memories, or simply getting memories out of order like my theory for the Truth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh, I never thought about that.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-02-2011, 08:56 AM
I can't think of much in the computer world that would only allow Subject 16 to communicate through the Dark Room. One thing that Project Legacy's Divine Science Chapter 4 (with the "ghost") made me think of was daemons, who were an ancient Greek concept before the Christian version of evil demons. Daemons were sort of guiding spirits, or humans in spirit form who did work the gods wouldn't. I saw one mention that Zeus had turned some humans into daemons. Some articles said they were also sort of similar to the concept of guardian angels. In the computer world, daemon is a name for low-level programs that run on your machine in the background. Each one handles specific tasks and silently works in the background to keep your computer running. Maybe Subject 16 has been turned into a daemon, and he's a "spirit"/low-level program who can only communicate with Desmond in the lower levels of the machine?

Well, by no means am I a tech guru, or anything like that, but I'd like to try my hand at that as well, and maybe expand a little bit on what you said.

Windows would seem to me to be a bit of a DOS overlay. Basically existing over the top of DOS. The idea, I suppose, was to create a program, ran through/over DOS, that makes the computer easier to use for the average person.

That said, the programming for DOS is always there,... it's just the blood and guts of a machine, really. Just the utter basics of computer programming. It will tell your computer how to access drives, where to look for them, how to follow a run command.

This simpler form would be great if you were going to code a massive amount of data, say,... the consciousness of a person. DOS uses fewer resources,... so if you have a massive amount of data, it would make sense to code that behind the Animus's programming.

The idea would basically be to load this program behind the Animus programming, and first, before letting the Animus load. Then resources to do as you wished with such a massive program would be yours.

Like I said before, Iím not really a tech person though,.. so if this is wrong, and someone out there can expand on this theory, or correct it,Ö or simply shoot it down, feel free to do so.