PDA

View Full Version : Any info on BoB now that PF is out?

WildeSau
10-28-2004, 11:36 AM
Now, since PF is released, the next flight sim of Maddox games will be Battle of Britain - right? Are there any more information about it - i.e. how will it be different to FB and PF - I mean not in term of planes but in term of graphics, flight models, perhaps other game play, etc.

And also important - is the approx. release date known?

Are there anymore information out yet. Thanks.

Fox_4
10-28-2004, 12:19 PM
It's out in two weeks. Be sure. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Seriously, though, can't we just get on with enjoying PF? Will you be asking about the next sequel the week after BoB comes out?

rodion_zero
10-28-2004, 01:10 PM
I agree with Fox_4. Besides, there are still a lot of things that need to be done in PF...I mean, the most grand air/sea battle of the all, Leyte Gulf, isn't even in the sim. Yeah, maybe I'm biased towards it, because I live in the Philippines, but hey, there were some spectacular missions there, in fact, the first Kamikaze zeros were deployed at the Battle of Leyte Gulf/Philippine Sea.

-RODION

Rebel_Yell_21
10-28-2004, 01:18 PM
BoB will be 2006, so enjoy PF and don't think about it. They will start throwing bones about it when there is something to throw.

BuzzU
10-28-2004, 01:21 PM
All I know so far is it will be a more accurate, more detailed flight sim. It will also take some good system power to run it.

PlimPlam
10-28-2004, 01:24 PM
PF is out!?!

Who knew?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

ashley2005
10-28-2004, 02:01 PM
LOL @ the people saying ,,,, " cant you just play pf " and all this crud, people are alowed to ask about the game and not have people saying **** like that , yes im also anxious to hear about BoB, im also from uk,

*waits for some crappy comment*

Lunix
10-28-2004, 03:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fox_4:
It's out in two weeks. Be sure. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
HAHAHAHA Pf is a Il2 rehash and it is interesting but not as interesting as Oleg's next big engine built with the wisdom of many years of flightsim hacking.

Red_Russian13
10-28-2004, 04:56 PM
I'd like to actually play PF before I worry about BoB...

TheGozr
10-28-2004, 06:44 PM
Yes PF is old news we want B.O.B. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

trumper
10-29-2004, 02:54 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifIt's a serious question,for those of us that live in the UK it is a major aviation piece of history.
Those that have an interest in the Eastern front have had IL 2 and F/B,the American contingent now have their planes in both P/F and AEP.
As much as i have enjoyed F/B and will hopefully enjoy P/F i really am treading water for B o B.
So any updates and news would be appreciated ,TA

Future-
10-29-2004, 03:02 AM
Everybody in here that ain't a noob knows that even the devs can't give you an answer as to when BoB will be out, and what exactly it will feature.

PF has just been releaased, true, but the "after-release" work on PF has only just begun.
1C's main priority at the moment, as far as we know, is creating bug fixes and getting additional material for PF ready.
Also, the new dedicated server software will soon be out...

So all in all, you have the right to ask for BoB, but we also have the right to remind you that at the moment (and for the next weeks, maybe even months) PF is 1C's top priority, and not BoB.
That said, asking for BoB is... thoughtless at best.

S!

trumper
10-29-2004, 03:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Future-:
Everybody in here that ain't a noob knows that even the devs can't give you an answer as to when BoB will be out, and what exactly it will feature.

PF has just been releaased, true, but the "after-release" work on PF has only just begun.
1C's main priority at the moment, as far as we know, is creating bug fixes and getting additional material for PF ready.
Also, the new dedicated server software will soon be out...

So all in all, you have the right to ask for BoB, but we also have the right to remind you that at the moment (and for the next weeks, maybe even months) PF is 1C's top priority, and not BoB.
That said, asking for BoB is... thoughtless at best.

S! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not suggesting that P/F IS'NT priority at the moment ,but there are still alot of people including me that would like to keep in touch with what is happening on the B o B front.
If you don't ask,you don't get,don't forget also that 2 years ago i went to the European Flightsim show in Birmingham UK where Oleg was already talking about the "new" up and coming flightsim called B o B,,so it's not THAT new.
Thoughtlessness,no,thats not a fair comment,actually quite rude,genuine interest yes.After all it is the next generation of Flight sim.

WildeSau
10-29-2004, 04:19 AM
Thank you Trumper http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Would say as well that it's not something forbidden to ask for information on BoB. As you say - it's the next generation of flight sims and informing your customers as soon as possible about upcoming projects, is never a bad thing.

Michael the WildeSau

Mozzie_21
10-29-2004, 04:30 AM
I'm going to be really naive and ask a stupid question.

Is it official that the next game will be Battle of Britain?

VVS-Manuc
10-29-2004, 05:34 AM
I really hope that BoB will NOT be published by UBI (= Unbelievable Big Incompentece)

effte
10-29-2004, 05:35 AM
Sod patches. This has evolved for quite some time and most of the glaring omissions will not be corrected in any patches on this engine. Nope, let us play PF as it is and get working on BoB.

In the meantime, we€ll write extensive wishlists between flights. Not to mention argue endlessly, to no use at all.

Snootles
10-29-2004, 06:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Sod patches. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bet you'd be singing a different tune if BoB were released with bugs and omissions. Frankly put, if 1C adopted the above statement as their policy, they would quickly lose my business.

Btl_Avon
10-29-2004, 06:35 AM
I rather wait until longthorn comes before bob gets released.

For hardware wise and compatibility with windows next os.

KeenFox
10-29-2004, 07:22 AM
If PF fails there wont be BoB.
I allready hear people say they dont want to pay for PF as it is "only" a addon and they payed for forgottenbattles, but they will of course buy BoB when it comes out.
The ignorence in this overwhelming.

Madox is struggling as it is, in fact look at sales figures and their EBP marked projections and you can begin to wonder if there will be a BoB at all.

Deepcold
10-29-2004, 07:27 AM
Hey, the guy asked a simple question for god sake...if you don't have the answer, why don't you shut the **** up!!!! I hate peoples who don't mind their own business!!! I want to hear about BoB too you bunch of suckers!!! The more add-ons Oleg will make, the more money he will make...

taisto_s
10-29-2004, 08:35 AM
These sites have some new information and GREAT dev images of possible Bob add ons. They are not official 1c/maddox sites, but you can actually see the detail that aircraft are going to be modeled in, with hires engines etc..

http://www.9-1939.pl/
http://www.battle-of-france-add-on.france-simulation.com/

Are there any other sites around???

WildeSau
10-29-2004, 11:11 AM
thanks taisto_s - the first real constructive answer to my question.

Interesting pages - hope they get it done. BoB is certainly one of the most attractive battles for flight sim fans.

Michael the WildeSau

deathhamster
10-29-2004, 12:22 PM
is there somewhere were we can lobby for ideas to be put into BoB?

taisto_s
10-29-2004, 01:35 PM
I wish there was a official site for "BoB" Project.. I guess its too early for anything like that.

Obi_Kwiet
10-29-2004, 03:04 PM
You already know too much. You will have the FBI at your houses's in a matter of seconds.

darkhorizon11
10-29-2004, 05:54 PM
I can't find it now but I somebody posted a link on amazon.com to preorder BoB. I believe it was June 5, 2005? Given this is date is like taking an artillery shot but, I'll bet sometime mid-summer 2005.

grist
10-29-2004, 05:58 PM
P-38 campaign in BoB? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

trumper
10-30-2004, 03:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mozzie_21:
I'm going to be really naive and ask a stupid question.

Is it official that the next game will be Battle of Britain? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

At the European flightsim show in Birmingham UK,Oleg described to us that The B o B was going to be a completely new flightsim,involving brand new software/computer engine to create the flight models.
The B o B was going to be the first to be bought out as it is a small theatre of war to see how things went and then possibly expanded into other theatres of war.
The fact that there were updates provided and also it has been on the developement stage for over a year now may mean that things are progressing.