PDA

View Full Version : pilot's picture

wofat2004
11-14-2004, 07:49 AM
I'm not real clever with computers. can some one help me change the picture of my pilots face in a campigan. i've tried and i can't get it to work. please walk me thru it

wofat2004
11-14-2004, 09:10 AM
can't anyone help? or is everybody having the same problem?

chris455
11-14-2004, 09:40 AM
This was in reply to my question re: Pilots Picture. Thanks again Athos!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
Hi Chris455

The DGEN commands go into your root directory conf.ini - create a new heading called [DGEN] for them at the bottom of the file. The setting you are after would go in like this:

[DGEN]
AirIntensity=High

To change your pilot photo in the campaign dossier simply replace the Photo.bmp file in the DGEN directory with one of your choosing. The image must be called Photo.bmp and must be 192x256 (Width x Height) at 8bit colour depth.

Cheers

Athos <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

wofat2004
11-14-2004, 10:47 AM
thanks chris, but i still don't understand

CdnSpits
11-14-2004, 11:58 AM
Wofat...

Go into your IL2 directory in there will be a folder called DGen. Open that folder, somewhere in that folder will a bmp file called Photo.bmp. If you double click on it you will see it is your pilot picture for campaigns. This is the file you want to replace. You can make your own pilot picture or you can use one of the pictures supplied it's up to you.

It must be 196x256, 8 bit colour depth. and must be called Photo.bmp.

Hope this helps.

MG08x15
11-14-2004, 12:06 PM
Wofat,
At Il2skins.com you will find several packs of pilot photos for different countries. I think two new ones by Extreme One where just posted today. They come with an instruction read-me. You just replace the photos in the DGen folders with the ones you want. The in-game photos are of the guys who worked on the game, I think. They are not historical pilots. One of them could be Oleg for all I know.

Open your IL2, Ubisoft, root directory. You will see a folder called DGen. Open it and you will see folders for each country: US, RU, DE, etc. Open the country you want and you will see the BMP photos. You can replace any of them with any that you like. Just match the originals exactly as described above.

wofat2004
11-14-2004, 06:24 PM
Thanks to every one I finally got it to work. I can't believe it was so easy. thanks again for all the help. wofat2004(room temp.IQ)