PDA

View Full Version : About Desmond Miles in Brotherhood

Assassian10102
07-26-2010, 03:28 PM
I think were missing the point is that Desmond Miles is suppost to me the great assassin because its in there time and I think for brotherhood they should do half and half so we now about both of there storys because really Desmond Miles is the main picture in this game and some with Ezio but they really need to show more in real time then past because the last game I thought they barely showed anything real so I think in this one half and half what do u guys think about this

Murcuseo
07-26-2010, 03:31 PM
That post made me laugh http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

8/10 for effort http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Chris199930
07-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Assassian10102:
I think were missing the point is that Desmond Miles is suppost to me the great assassin because its in there time and I think for brotherhood they should do half and half so we now about both of there storys because really Desmond Miles is the main picture in this game and some with Ezio but they really need to show more in real time then past because the last game I thought they barely showed anything real so I think in this one half and half what do u guys think about this
You see,Desmond is an assassin in traing.Now that he has all the abilities Ezio had,I believe it's his time to shine in AC3,But UBI is busy with AC:B and as they said,no AC next year http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.So wait until 2011(hopefully).

Judalos
07-26-2010, 05:23 PM
good idea to me but more like 30% at early future and 70% in past

DanGahan
07-26-2010, 05:25 PM
On assassins creed 2 i have just unlocked all of subject 16's videos and i didnt unlock the achievement. I have searched the internet for a solution but all i can think of is putting them into a correct order but i cant figure out how to do this. any help please??

Chris199930
07-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Judalos:
good idea to me but more like 30% at early future and 70% in past
It will be probably like this.Desmond gets one mission from Lucy.He accompishes it.Now he has to go back to the animus for advanced training.And it goes on and on like this...

bearsbball11
07-26-2010, 08:39 PM
I doubt that will happen in AC:B. Which is fine with me. I wanna fully finish out Ezio's story. I bet AC3 will be more focused on Desmond than past games have been though

EzioAssassin51
07-27-2010, 12:45 AM
Desmond will have a lot more screen time and will even get a new outfit! It says that in the thread about the Brotherhood DLC's!

So he will be being played more!

Ru1986
07-27-2010, 01:02 AM
Desmond Miles is the main picture in this game and some with Ezio but they really need to show more in real time then past because the last game I thought they barely showed anything real so I think in this one half and half what do u guys think about this

Correct the Renaisence never happend UBI created it to make an exciting game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. Seriously though no i dont masivley care for Desmond i think he seems dopey and if anything i hope they get rid of him entirley and just stick to historical characters that would please me more tbh.

EzioAssassin51
07-27-2010, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Ru1986:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Desmond Miles is the main picture in this game and some with Ezio but they really need to show more in real time then past because the last game I thought they barely showed anything real so I think in this one half and half what do u guys think about this

Correct the Renaisence never happend UBI created it to make an exciting game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. Seriously though no i dont masivley care for Desmond i think he seems dopey and if anything i hope they get rid of him entirley and just stick to historical characters that would please me more tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What?? The Renaissance did happen Ru! Or were you being sarcastic? But i'm pretty sure he meant they hardly showed anything in the present!

And seeing as UBI wants AC to be a long running franchise but wants it to be a trilogy also, they might end Desmond's story with three and do other stuff with any others! Plus, i already said why you might hate him at the moment http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

itsamea-mario
07-27-2010, 02:31 AM
always makes me chuckle when people cant see sarcasm, unless im the one who cant see sarcasm, im just gonna be quiet.

besides i quite like the character of desmond, partly because hes not some amazingly awesome assassin, just a normal guy, (in comparison) id like AC3 to be based more around him.

Razrback16
07-27-2010, 09:20 AM
I think it would be cool to have more stuff with Desmond. Like many people, though, I DO NOT WANT to see guns in AC. That's the whole point -- it's fun going back in time and just using hand-to-hand weapons. I just don't want AC to become a FPS.

Chris199930
07-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Razrback16:
I think it would be cool to have more stuff with Desmond. Like many people, though, I DO NOT WANT to see guns in AC. That's the whole point -- it's fun going back in time and just using hand-to-hand weapons. I just don't want AC to become a FPS.
It is like 0.000001% chance this will happen.

ArtofParkour
07-27-2010, 04:19 PM
I get your point, strangely enough considering how convoluted that post was.

There did seem to be a lack of Desmond exiting the animus in AC2, though when he did, it was certainly more exciting than when he did in AC1. I think while you'll get your wish with more Desmond time in Brotherhood, you won't be getting your "half-and-half" game until probably AC3.

Chris199930
07-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by ArtofParkour:
I get your point, strangely enough considering how convoluted that post was.

There did seem to be a lack of Desmond exiting the animus in AC2, though when he did, it was certainly more exciting than when he did in AC1. I think while you'll get your wish with more Desmond time in Brotherhood, you won't be getting your "half-and-half" game until probably AC3.
Oh,well.Anyway with the coming of AC:B,we will be puzzled in the forums for aat least 6 more months about AC3.And November feels lile eons away... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

jimbo11235813
07-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Thought this would be an appropriate thread to put this in. (http://www.godisageek.com/2010/07/assassin%E2%80%99s-creed-brotherhood-will-have-dlc/) Its nothing major, but just thought I'd add this. The main article (if you can call it that being so short) is about how there will be DLC, but what I noticed is in the paragraph it says that Desmond will get a new look.

WackoJacko_7
07-28-2010, 11:49 AM
IDK about desmond, TBH i don't like the thing about desmond, i mean c'mon, today if you saw a guy running on rroftops running up to you with a hidden blade, you get an ak47 or homing missile on him, so i dunno how its gonna work coz i know they used bats in ac2 but c'mon, you wouldn't do that.

Don't get me wrong though Assassin's Creed is the best game ever, i want him to explore more ancestors first b4 getting to the full game on Desmond.

In my opinion the percentage of stroy mode of Desmond got better in ac2, less than ac1, good i say!

El_Sjietah
07-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Sure, because everyone and their mother carries an AK47 or a homing missile. The only things that will be pointing at you when you start running on top of buildings are cameras.

PlagueDoctor357
07-28-2010, 02:41 PM
No kidding.

In AC3 it'll be cameras like the above poster suggested.

Unless the Templars get a piece of eden and DO launch the thing.

Then they would have snipers on all rooftops and not just certain ones because everyone would be zombied.

Anyway, can't wait to play more Desmond I hope they don't change his outfit to much.

I was hoping for maybe just a hood pull up and butt kick and then maybe throw a little bit of designs on the hood when he got some down time but nothing much keep it modern style.

masterfenix2009
07-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by WackoJacko_7:
IDK about desmond, TBH i don't like the thing about desmond, i mean c'mon, today if you saw a guy running on rroftops running up to you with a hidden blade, you get an ak47 or homing missile on him, so i dunno how its gonna work coz i know they used bats in ac2 but c'mon, you wouldn't do that.

Don't get me wrong though Assassin's Creed is the best game ever, i want him to explore more ancestors first b4 getting to the full game on Desmond.

In my opinion the percentage of stroy mode of Desmond got better in ac2, less than ac1, good i say!
they used the bats because they didnt want to kill desmond. and i dont know about youbut i dont carry a ak-47 on me 24/7

EzioAssassin51
07-29-2010, 02:38 AM

I was actually thinking there would be more of an Infamous sort of thing here where the enemies use guns so you'll need to use ranged weapons to kill them or sneak up on them to assassinate them!

Kakashi590
07-29-2010, 03:11 AM

wouldnt that make almost any stealth game kind of pointless then, especially when 90% of stealth games the enemies have AK47's and missiles. like MGS4 AK47's plus stealth worked fine.

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
07-29-2010, 10:04 PM

IDK about that. I am a free runner and i do it frequently and people dont ever really notice me or my friends when we are free running until we jump down from a roof or building and then they are like "Wait, you were up there? i didn't even notice" lol it's pretty funny though

ILLusioNaire
07-29-2010, 10:57 PM
Hm. Interesting. Well, you know, eventually they are going ot have to make that change from only non-projectile weapons to projectile weapons. There will come a point where the Templars realize that they need to kill Desmond instead of just continually trying to bring him in alive. I could see snipers and all that in AC. Just not rocket launchers an what not. I think what the Templars will invest in are their own assassins to counter Desmond. It doesn't look like the Assassins carry guns themselves though.

But having machine guns in a game would make things harder. You would not be able to directly approach any of the guards. It would REALLY be about stealth then. I just hope that by the time of AC3 they improve the stealth. We should be able to crouch.

EzioAs
07-30-2010, 03:12 AM
I don't think that AC3 is the part where Desmond should take over yet. I think it's better if he goes back into the animus and controls another one of his ancestors to know more about the assassins, templars and the pieces of eden and to prolong the story. AC4 is where it should be over with Desmond as the leading character.

El_Sjietah
07-30-2010, 07:40 AM
It's a trilogy, so having an AC4 with Desmond might be tricky http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

NewBlade200
07-30-2010, 10:34 AM
they could set ac3 here in Ireland because you cant buy sell or bring guns over here, but you can get your hands on some awesome swords, like all the swords in ac2. in fact there, was a nasty incident to do with a man and two guys with samurai swords, anyway swords, a nice variation of tall and short buildings, you can buy some guns, but they are low power, non-automatic rifles (but they still sting quite a lot)http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SWJS
07-30-2010, 07:03 PM
they could set ac3 here in Ireland because you cant buy sell or bring guns over here, but you can get your hands on some awesome swords, like all the swords in ac2. in fact there, was a nasty incident to do with a man and two guys with samurai swords, anyway swords, a nice variation of tall and short buildings, you can buy some guns, but they are low power, non-automatic rifles (but they still sting quite a lot)Wink
I love that idea. Irish Assassins would be very interesting. Not to mention all the castles and things still standing there. It would fit very well.

itsamea-mario
07-31-2010, 03:43 AM
i cant imagine it being that easy to shoot a target who's free running, and nobody said desmond had to use guns, altair or ezio could never use bows, desmond certainly wont be running around with a bloody rifle on his back, can you imagine how difficult that would make parkour, he may use an extremely modified variant on the hidden gun, i think its likely he'll only use hidden weapons, so if hes searched nothing is found, then again if they incorperate the crossbow in AC:B that'd set us up for a small easily concealed pistol, but make them less effective, due to guards wearing better armor nowadys, lots of people say they dont want it to become an FPS but that will never happen to assassins creed, EVER, unless they all lose there minds. enemies with more powerful weapons would more liely encourage stealth, when you got close to an archer in AC1 and 2 they dropped there bow and got out there sword, maybe thats what will happen in the modern day (baton instead of sword) although i dont see why they'd do that. also maybe the disarm ability could be used with guns, but theyd have limited use, limited ammo and they'd need to be dropped if you wanted to do anything athletic.

i just dont really want to see another game based mainly around another ancestor, i want a mailny desmond story, with maybe little visits to the animus for bits of training, or the occasional passing out to view a small segment of an ancestors memory, this could also be used as a method for learning skills. saay for example desmond needs to get up something but doesn't know how, he tries to think of how to do it, and due to the bleeding effect, his memory is also searched for a method, he ends up passing out and living a moment where an ancestor does or learns that specific skill, and hey ho desmond now knows it.

i realise that ive gone off on rather a tangent to the topic at hand.
so for the topic in hand, id like to see some more interesting things with desmond, maybe see abit of the world outside abstergo or the hideout, cant wait for this 'new look' that the devs spoke of.

tyrce111
07-31-2010, 06:22 AM
I think Ezio, Lucy, Shaun and Rebecca should go into the city and get a penthouse for the animus...Yknow???(Hidden in plain sight?)
Thats the last place Apstergo would look for them...

Ezio should be given the right to go out into the city because he still feels like hes in a prison so the others let him practice his freerunning in a couple of blocks away from his building...
This is so the city is limited and very small so you will still be able to go around as desmond but making sure its not become too much about him...

HE should be able to freerun arou0nd the place and mabey do acouple of side missions like races and beatups...

Just telling you guys...
None of this is true...I just wish it was...

PlagueDoctor357
07-31-2010, 12:54 PM
Desmond won't be with the team as much. They said they would be sending him into the field as soon as he was ready. The devs also said by the end of brotherhood they said his story would take a weird turn. I'm sure he'll be ready by then.

Probably find out that his bloodline is direct from those who came before. Which is why they have eagle vision. Desmond just needed a little push since it's been so diluted over time.

MeVonKillaBetch
07-31-2010, 02:07 PM
At this point I'm starting to see a third person Mirrors Edge. Rather than hindering her mobility by weighing down with weapons Faith relied on procuring a weapon on site should situation call for one. The hidden blade I could understand and to an extent the hidden gun, but I couldn't picture it any other way to be honest. Let's just hope Ubi has an Ace up the sleeve.

tyrce111
08-02-2010, 04:32 AM
The wierd turn is probably he finds another Miles in his family and they both have eagle vision but hes trpped in abstergo in the main facility were subjects 16 and 17 were kept and desmond and lucy have to rescue him...

EzioAssassin51
08-02-2010, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by tyrce111:
The wierd turn is probably he finds another Miles in his family and they both have eagle vision but hes trpped in abstergo in the main facility were subjects 16 and 17 were kept and desmond and lucy have to rescue him...

Naa, that would be stupid IMO! No need to have anothetr miles!

primerib69
08-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tyrce111:

Naa, that would be stupid IMO! No need to have anothetr miles! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Subject 16 please

tyrce111
08-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Yeh subject 16 would be cool...
What if he didnt die afterall...He escaped, killed an abstergo guard, cut off his ring finger and put him in his clothes...

that would explain the bloody eagle vision marks on the passcode lock at the parking lot door in the animi lab cubicals...

hud-assassins
08-04-2010, 10:44 AM
IF THEY WER GUNU make a game for desmond it would go back to altair or some othere assasin cuz lukin at there memories than help demond track down those temples from stoping the world end 2012, vatican, giza in eygpt, somewhere in india, afirca, and i think u play half desmond and half the other assassins. SAFETY AND PEACE.

blackunder67
08-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Chris199930:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassian10102:
You see,Desmond is an assassin in traing.Now that he has all the abilities Ezio had,I believe it's his time to shine in AC3,But UBI is busy with AC:B and as they said,no AC next year http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.So wait until 2011(hopefully). </div></BLOCKQUOTE> A friend of a friend who work at Ubisoft Montreal says they are thinking of using Desmond as the main character, or having one part assassin from the past and another all desmond in AC3. Either way, the problem is that most buildings nowadays are not climbable or too high and would too much time to climb or both.

Fairus60
08-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by blackunder67:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris199930:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassian10102:
You see,Desmond is an assassin in traing.Now that he has all the abilities Ezio had,I believe it's his time to shine in AC3,But UBI is busy with AC:B and as they said,no AC next year http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.So wait until 2011(hopefully). </div></BLOCKQUOTE> A friend of a friend who work at Ubisoft Montreal says they are thinking of using Desmond as the main character, or having one part assassin from the past and another all desmond in AC3. Either way, the problem is that most buildings nowadays are not climbable or too high and would too much time to climb or both. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dude, you serious? We´ve seen a lot of guys claiming to have contacts at ubi montreal and "leaking" info. All of them were proved bull****

SBRedFlag
08-04-2010, 07:45 PM
This might be another fake. I'm sure that as soon as the Ubi developers decided to set the game in the present/future, they considered the problem of climbing modern day buildings. It shouldn't be a problem now, it was a problem 3 or 4 years ago.