PDA

View Full Version : ACR "Revelations" *SPOLIERS*

dylanfrim
11-17-2011, 02:12 PM
so basically i felt like we weren't told anything we didnt know.

we knew altair had an apple, we knew the world was destroyed long ago, and we learned that the temples are the key to saving the world

to be honest i was incredibly dissapointed

all i heard since E3 was "all these questions you guys are asking will be answered in ACR"

now i have even more question.....wtf

BlackRose1809
11-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by dylanfrim:

we knew altair had an apple, we knew the world was destroyed long ago, and we learned that the temples are the key to saving the world

all i heard since E3 was "all these questions you guys are asking will be answered in ACR"

yeah... I know what you are saying... they really didn't explain much except more fillers for the next game... Idk if I can take it. I already am up with my patience with Kingdom hearts... I don't need another one like it.

Things they didnt explain: *SPOILERS*

-Why did Juno kill Lucy?

-What did <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Ezio tell Desmond.</span>

-What is it that Desmond meant by :<span class="ev_code_WHITE">I know what we gotta do.</span>

idk what else.

Animuses
11-17-2011, 02:22 PM

Meant to be answered for Ezio and Altair, not Desmond

Iskander_Estel
11-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Yup... and we already knew Desmond has to find the temples since AC2. So yeah, there wasn't any real "Revelation", that's what happens when you milk three games out of one.

BlackRose1809
11-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:
Yup... and we already knew Desmond has to find the temples since AC2. So yeah, there wasn't any real "Revelation", that's what happens when you milk three games out of one.

yeah... are they going to have a new ancestor? Because I don't really think there's a need for one. Since he already found the location he needs to go to.

Iskander_Estel
11-17-2011, 02:41 PM
yeah... are they going to have a new ancestor? Because I don't really think there's a need for one. Since he already found the location he needs to go to.

I don't see how another ancestor may be needed,
maybe someone in the American Civil War? to find the exact location of the temple near New York.

BlackRose1809
11-17-2011, 02:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">yeah... are they going to have a new ancestor? Because I don't really think there's a need for one. Since he already found the location he needs to go to.

maybe someone in the American Civil War? to find the exact location of the temple near New York. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like a good idea, but it seems like they found the location at the very end.

CRUDFACE
11-17-2011, 02:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">yeah... are they going to have a new ancestor? Because I don't really think there's a need for one. Since he already found the location he needs to go to.

maybe someone in the American Civil War? to find the exact location of the temple near New York. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe it will be the TWCB that Desmond is related to so that he will teach him how to use the temple in order to avoid the destruction of 2012? I mean, they didn't do it, but if Desmond had to learn from anyone, it would be the guy or girl who operated the last temples.

zerocooll21
11-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by BlackRose1809:

-Why did Juno kill Lucy?

-What is it that Desmond meant by :<span class="ev_code_WHITE">I know what we gotta do.</span>

idk what else.

1. She needed to be removed from the desmond equation so he can find eve.

2. Are you referring to the part in library when he puts his hand on Desmond's shoulder? I couldn't make out what he said either. Going to replay this weekend with subtitles on.

3. Desmond knows he has to go into the grand temple and use TWCB's knowledge to prevent the catastrophe. Tinia said something along the line of take whats in your head and use your hands. If you notice his arms light up with artifact symbols, he probably gain some kind of extra ability with that.

Gil_217
11-17-2011, 03:46 PM
I love the AC games especially because of the historical content, because I really love history but I hope AC III is all about Desmond, it doesn't make any sense to bring another ancestor, absolutely none.

zerocooll21
11-17-2011, 03:54 PM
I have a feeling there will be parts where he needs to go back in time to get clues. If he does I hope its back to when Adam/eve/TWCB walked the earth.

iN3krO
11-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by zerocooll21:
I have a feeling there will be parts where he needs to go back in time to get clues. If he does I hope its back to when Adam/eve/TWCB walked the earth.

would be interesting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

zerocooll21
11-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Would be also cool to see the origins of the Hidden blade. Maybe it was invented back then http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Shaunzy95
11-17-2011, 05:55 PM
I just thought of something today. Remember the Truth video? With Adam and Eve? I'm sure it's Desmond that talks at the end saying "Eve...." So, maybe the Truth video is like a premonition of the future, when Desmond finds this Eve person Sixteen was on about.

As for a new ancestor, I agree with the above statement. What else does Desmond need to know? He's mastered all the skills he needs and he knows where to go and what to do so, is a new ancestor really necessary? Couldn't it just be a Desmond based game?

Andy_Pandy86
11-17-2011, 06:50 PM

I agree not as much as revealed as I was hoping but we did learn some important things.

- The hidden temples contain first people technology to save the world.

- One of those temples is in New York state.

-Subject 16's mind is stuck inside the Animus. Which is how he was able to leave clues for Desmond in AC2 (Symbols you find as Ezio and solve the puzzle.

- Subject 16 is definitely related to Altair (Altair's son looks exactly like 16)

Shaunzy95
11-17-2011, 06:54 PM
I noticed that too! Altair's son was exactly the same as Sixteen. That was weird but awesome. xD

zerocooll21
11-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Andy_Pandy86:

- Subject 16 is defiantly related to Altair (Altair's son looks exactly like 16)

DUDE! Good catch http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jmk1999
11-17-2011, 07:28 PM
topic moved to Hints & Tips forum. no spoilers in the general discussion.

Altair661
11-17-2011, 09:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BlackRose1809:

2. Are you referring to the part in library when he puts his hand on Desmond's shoulder? I couldn't make out what he said either. Going to replay this weekend with subtitles on.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought the whole message from the TWCB was given to Ezio through the apple, and that's what he told Desmond, so he could finally leave it all alone and go make sweet love to Sophia.

Andy_Pandy86
11-18-2011, 02:33 AM
Anyone else disappointed in the way they handled Lucy's death? I thought that if they were gonna kill off a character who has been with the series since the beginning that they'd deal with the aftermath. Not just have two character say 'she's dead'- THE END.

Gil_217
11-18-2011, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by Andy_Pandy86:
Anyone else disappointed in the way they handled Lucy's death? I thought that if they were gonna kill off a character who has been with the series since the beginning that they'd deal with the aftermath. Not just have two character say 'she's dead'- THE END.

Like I said many times, I believe she's not dead, remember that we only hear about her death when Desmond was inside the Black Room, still in a coma, he could have been dreaming or something, or imagining things, and even if she is, they will brought her back in Assassin's Creed III in some way.

Andy_Pandy86
11-18-2011, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by Gil_217:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy_Pandy86:

Like I said many times, I believe she's not dead, remember that we only hear about her death when Desmond was inside the Black Room, still in a coma, he could have been dreaming or something, or imagining things, and even if she is, they will brought her back in Assassin's Creed III in some way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope so.

zerocooll21
11-18-2011, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by Altair661:
I thought the whole message from the TWCB was given to Ezio through the apple, and that's what he told Desmond, so he could finally leave it all alone and go make sweet love to Sophia.

I did too, it really sounded like Ezio said "Now, Listen" and then it cut to Tinia. The problem with that is, just moments before that Ezio says he is still confused and doesn't get it. If Ezio in fact saw that message then he wouldn't have had those questions.

Altair661
11-18-2011, 01:15 PM
I thought he was talking about the stuff TWCB showed him...obviously he wouldn't know what it was, it was solely meant for Desmond, just like AC2. Ezio doesn't know what any of it means, that's why he said "we are blessed to communicate over centuries" (something like that) and he said that he was the connect for the message. Just as Altair knew he had to do, that's why he kept the key with him because surely the TWCB told him someone was coming for it. Altair passed the torch/message to Ezio, as Ezio did to Desmond. He didn't understand exactly why, but that it must be delivered to Desmond.

zerocooll21
11-18-2011, 02:02 PM
Ezio saw what minerva showed desmond. He knew there was a catastrophe and that there would be another. Shouldn't be that hard for him to see what Tinia showed him and at least get an idea what was going on. Granted Ezio would still say he has so many questions, so do we, but IDK just seemed like he didn't see it.

Altair661
11-18-2011, 02:09 PM
Ezio saw what minerva showed desmond. He knew there was a catastrophe and that there would be another. Shouldn't be that hard for him to see what Tinia showed him and at least get an idea what was going on. Granted Ezio would still say he has so many questions, so do we, but IDK just seemed like he didn't see it.

I think it could go both ways... it does seem like he's about say something more personal...then it cuts. But why would they suddenly show the one thing without Ezio saying his thing?

zerocooll21
11-18-2011, 02:19 PM
No idea. Do you know what the last two words Ezio said where?? My audio was little jacked up during cut senes.

twenty_glyphs
11-18-2011, 02:39 PM
I don't think Ezio saw Tinia's message to Desmond. One reason for this is I immediately went to replay that memory again, and as soon as Ezio reaches out to put his hand on Desmond's shoulder, the memory ends. I believe the Apple does sort of activate when Ezio sees it, then he mentions Desmond's name lingering in his mind. It's likely that the Apple was mentioning this to Ezio right at that moment to encourage him to converse with Desmond.

So the actual message from Tinia is not in Ezio's DNA and must have been him communicating directly to Desmond at the exact moment in time in 2012, the "nexus", that Ezio sort of passed the torch to Desmond. I thought it was awesome how the nexus was all 3 of them sort of conversing, with Alta´r passing his message on to Ezio, who then passes it to Desmond. Something about that moment was so special that Tinia was able to reach out to that moment in time and make contact with Desmond.

As for Tinia calling Desmond "cipher", that could be because he's the vehicle by which the First Civilization have encoded their secret message to the future. Without Desmond's ancestry and special DNA, no one person would be able to see all three messages that got to Desmond.

zerocooll21
11-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
I don't think Ezio saw Tinia's message to Desmond. One reason for this is I immediately went to replay that memory again, and as soon as Ezio reaches out to put his hand on Desmond's shoulder, the memory ends. I believe the Apple does sort of activate when Ezio sees it, then he mentions Desmond's name lingering in his mind. It's likely that the Apple was mentioning this to Ezio right at that moment to encourage him to converse with Desmond.

So the actual message from Tinia is not in Ezio's DNA and must have been him communicating directly to Desmond at the exact moment in time in 2012, the "nexus", that Ezio sort of passed the torch to Desmond. I thought it was awesome how the nexus was all 3 of them sort of conversing, with Alta´r passing his message on to Ezio, who then passes it to Desmond. Something about that moment was so special that Tinia was able to reach out to that moment in time and make contact with Desmond.

As for Tinia calling Desmond "cipher", that could be because he's the vehicle by which the First Civilization have encoded their secret message to the future. Without Desmond's ancestry and special DNA, no one person would be able to see all three messages that got to Desmond.

MIND BLOWN

I can't believe I did see it like that. I really think sitting 20 hours straight and playing kinda took away from the game. Going to replay this weekend and take my time.

So the message was in Altiars apple? Do you think Altiar saw it just like Ezio saw Minerva? Would have loved to see his reaction to it haha.

I saw it as "Desmond" being lingering in Ezio's head was b/c Minerva mentioned him all those years ago in Rome.

twenty_glyphs
11-18-2011, 03:13 PM
MIND BLOWN

I can't believe I did see it like that. I really think sitting 20 hours straight and playing kinda took away from the game. Going to replay this weekend and take my time.

So the message was in Altiars apple? Do you think Altiar saw it just like Ezio saw Minerva? Would have loved to see his reaction to it haha.

I saw it as "Desmond" being lingering in Ezio's head was b/c Minerva mentioned him all those years ago in Rome.

I'm sure Ezio was still curious about Desmond after Minerva, but we already saw him deal with that a little bit in Brotherhood. He still didn't understand it. But once he found the Apple in Alta´r's library, it activated and illuminated the room, and he suddenly knew that Desmond could hear him somehow, so I think the Apple was suggesting that to Ezio.

No, I don't think Tinia's message was in Alta´r's Apple. I think whereas Minerva and Juno left messages of themselves behind in their Vaults to communicate with Desmond at a later date, Tinia was actually communicating across time, into Desmond's mind at the point where Alta´r and Ezio and Desmond met. He mentioned the "nexus of time" and that the calculations for that were Minerva's domain.

zerocooll21
11-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Ah, I see, makes perfect sense.

Right again, I forgot those were their temples. Right on with the Nexus of Time, I wasn't quite sure of that. Thank you soo much for clearing things up, still can't believe I did see this haha

How does Altiar know what to do at the end of his life and set things up for Ezio? Did apple tell him? Was that said anywhere?

Altair661
11-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Ah, I see, makes perfect sense.

Right again, I forgot those were their temples. Right on with the Nexus of Time, I wasn't quite sure of that. Thank you soo much for clearing things up, still can't believe I did see this haha

How does Altiar know what to do at the end of his life and set things up for Ezio? Did apple tell him? Was that said anywhere?

I would assume Altair was told by the apple, I think that's what his "last look" was (Codex). And another reason is that he took the key out before dying, obviously for someone (Ezio) to pick up and see it to know where the apple is. Also, I watched the ending via youtube and it was in subtitles and he literally says "Maybe you will be the one to make all this suffering worth something in the end. *touches Desmond* Now...listen..." (Cuts to Tinia).

Andy_Pandy86
11-19-2011, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:

Sounds like a solid theory to me. The thing about the nexus of time and Minerva's calculations kinda went over my head. It wasn't clear to me what he meant. but the way you explain it makes sense. In that moment all three lives converge. That's the Nexus Desmond need to find to escape. Both Altair and Ezio fulfill their rolls in that instant.

According to Ubisoft Desmond's story will end next year. As they want to finish the 2012 story before Dec 2012.

EmmaBemma
11-19-2011, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Shaunzy95:
What else does Desmond need to know? He's mastered all the skills he needs and he knows where to go and what to do so, is a new ancestor really necessary? Couldn't it just be a Desmond based game?
Even though we know the general location of the temple, we don't know exactly how to access it or what exactly we have to do once we get there. It's possible we might need a POE to get it to work.

Anyway, whether we need a new ancestor or not, I think it's highly unlikely Ubisoft will release a Desmond-only game because the historical aspect is their main selling point.