PDA

View Full Version : Question for UBISOFT about release date of REVELATION on PC



ASSASSIN-TRIM
09-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Hello UBISOFT. I wanted to ask you about the release date for Assassin's Creed Revelation on PC. Your site says that the game will be released on the PC in the same day as consoles, but PC version of AC 2 and AC Brotherhood were transferred to six months.
Will you change the release date of REVELATION on PC?


I very much hope that you will not change the release date.
Please release the REVELATION with the consoles in one day.

iNvid22
09-19-2011, 03:12 PM
the usual announcement of the pc version being delayed happens every September towards the end of the month.

i really hope it doesn't get delayed again, but not raising my hopes.

BomBerA
09-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Revelations for PC is delayed for 2nd December. I just saw from the site I pre-ordered :\. Atleast the delay isn't six months

j0kay
09-20-2011, 01:48 PM
Which site/onlinestore?

thornebrook
09-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by BomBerA:
Revelations for PC is delayed for 2nd December. I just saw from the site I pre-ordered :\. Atleast the delay isn't six months

Argh. I would like to know which site/shop as well.

dex3108
09-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Well EscoBlades says also that PC version is maybe delayed http://twitter.com/#!/EscoBlad...s/116247502847606784 (http://twitter.com/#!/EscoBlades/status/116247502847606784)

BomBerA
09-20-2011, 09:47 PM
Here (http://www.pulsar.bg/prodDetails.php?prod_id=15132) but you have to translate it to English because it's in bulgarian. At first the game was listed for 15.11.2011 but yesterday it was changed to 02.12.2011

dex3108
09-21-2011, 02:52 AM
There is no delay PC version is coming on 15. November too

http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/...ons-says-ubisoft-uk/ (http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2011/09/21/no-pc-delay-for-assassins-creed-revelations-says-ubisoft-uk/)

EscoBlades
09-21-2011, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by woodexx:
There is no delay PC version is coming on 15. November too

http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/...ons-says-ubisoft-uk/ (http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2011/09/21/no-pc-delay-for-assassins-creed-revelations-says-ubisoft-uk/)

Thanks. I was just about to come and post that here for you guys http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

dex3108
09-21-2011, 03:12 AM
I was faster than legendary EscoBlades WOW XD

ASSASSIN-TRIM
09-21-2011, 04:49 AM
I hope that the revelation UBISOFT release November 15, without delay. Thank you for your comments. ))))

Mr_Shade
09-21-2011, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by woodexx:
I was faster than legendary EscoBlades WOW XD Well he did write that article..

So some would say he was first - just not first to the forum lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

This is why it's important to take any date you see on sites, with a pinch of salt..

Any date unless confirmed by Ubisoft is just a 'best guess' - and should be considered that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Murcuseo
09-21-2011, 10:54 AM
<span class="ev_code_RED">Everything typed below is written from a cynics point of view</span>. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

The wording of that article is the most important part.

@Shade: The ironic thing is, even Ubisoft can't be believed when it comes to release dates for the AC titles on PC. They've advertised the PC versions with the same release dates as console from the very beginning, and always changed it near the release.

Considering how well I've gotten to know Ubisofts tactics over the last two years, I for one am not getting my hopes up. There is still just under two months until the release, so the PC community SHOULD NOT get ahead of itself!.

"As of right now", we're still in the dead zone as far as the date for PC is concerned.

I will never believe anything Ubisoft has to say in regards to PC release dates, for as long as I live. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Mr_Shade
09-21-2011, 11:16 AM
Ignore it if you want..

But the official word is it's the 15th of November for all formats. - the 'as of right now' - was added by the writer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The official statement given to that site is as follows:

'“The official UK release date for PC and Console versions of Assassin’s Creed Revelations is still 15th November 2011.”'

Murcuseo
09-21-2011, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:

But the official word is it's the 15th of November for all formats. - the 'as of right now' - was added by the writer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The official statement given to that site is as follows:

'“The official UK release date for PC and Console versions of Assassin’s Creed Revelations is still 15th November 2011.”'

I was fully aware that the 'as of right now' was put there by the writer, that's why I said, 'The wording of that article', rather than 'The wording of that announcement'.

Official statements don't mean anything when Ubisoft and AC PC are involved. They did exactly the same thing with the 3 previous releases, and also on other titles as well.

Again, this is a cynics point of view. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Tell me Shade, why should the PC community believe this 'official' statement, when everything that we've previously learned tells us not to?. If someone said "Trust me, I'm just going to wave my hand in front of your face" then you get slapped, would you move out the way if they tried it again, or just stand there and get slapped?. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

If Ubisoft manages to get the game out on all platforms at the same time, I'll be seriously impressed, and a little less cynical. As of now, I urge people not to believe a word of it.

Mr_Shade
09-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Like I said - I can't force anyone to read it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

If people want to be all doom and gloom, that's upto them.

If sites are reporting incorrect information, Ubisoft does try to correct it though.

Murcuseo
09-21-2011, 11:45 AM
To be fair, I'm not sure why I even asked that question... it's not like you can give me an honest answer. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Bombong
09-21-2011, 12:15 PM
For some years I visit this forum now and then. The last months, every time I check I expect the news that the PC version of Revelations has been delayed until next year. Call me a pessimist, but I still can't believe the PC gamers can play this game this year. With ACB I really believed the pc version would be released the same day as the console versions, because there wasn't any really different in the game compared to AC2. But its stil was postponed. So if I should bet any money, I think it will be postponed again, but maybe not as long as before.

LCGuardian
09-22-2011, 01:34 AM
To be honest, I've been burnt by the delays before, and as other PC delay veterans like Robson (and for that matter, Shade) can confirm I've complained bitterly.

So I'll believe this if I'm holding the PC version of ACR in my hands on November 18 (I'm presuming this is the NZ/Europe release date). And until then, even comments from Shade and other Ubisoft reps will be taken with a very big grain of salt.

EscoBlades
09-22-2011, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by LCGuardian:
To be honest, I've been burnt by the delays before, and as other PC delay veterans like Robson (and for that matter, Shade) can confirm I've complained bitterly.

So I'll believe this if I'm holding the PC version of ACR in my hands on November 18 (I'm presuming this is the NZ/Europe release date). And until then, even comments from Shade and other Ubisoft reps will be taken with a very big grain of salt.

Revelations release date is the 15th of November globally FYI.

LCGuardian
09-22-2011, 05:08 AM
That's good. I had assumed it would follow the usual pattern of a Tuesday release in the US and a Friday release in Europe/Australia/New Zealand, but earlier is better.

Vey03
09-22-2011, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<span class="ev_code_RED">Everything typed below is written from a cynics point of view</span>. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

The wording of that article is the most important part.

@Shade: The ironic thing is, even Ubisoft can't be believed when it comes to release dates for the AC titles on PC. They've advertised the PC versions with the same release dates as console from the very beginning, and always changed it near the release.

Considering how well I've gotten to know Ubisofts tactics over the last two years, I for one am not getting my hopes up. There is still just under two months until the release, so the PC community SHOULD NOT get ahead of itself!.

"As of right now", we're still in the dead zone as far as the date for PC is concerned.

I will never believe anything Ubisoft has to say in regards to PC release dates, for as long as I live. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

I'll be cynical with you, i don't believe it'll be out same time as the consoles.

BomBerA
09-22-2011, 08:40 AM
I'm a bit confused. First the site I pre-ordered from changed the release date to 2nd December and said that Revelations is on s schedule for 2nd December and Ubisoft specially informed them. Then a day later Ubisoft says the date is still 15th November. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

ASSASSIN-TRIM
09-22-2011, 09:51 AM
I also hardly believe UBISOFT because a company specializing in the localization of Assassin's Creed in my country is silent about the Revelation and does not tell anything about this game. This is alarming!

AntiChrist7
09-22-2011, 11:05 AM
ubishop still says 15november, but indeed quite a few shops have already changed it to december. then again, two weeks is almost nothing compared to the 6 months from brotherhood

Bombong
09-22-2011, 11:28 AM
December release would still be OK, but then the console DLC's won't be an integral part of the PC-game as they were in the last two games.

TheLeoCrow
09-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Bombong:
December release would still be OK, but then the console DLC's won't be an integral part of the PC-game as they were in the last two games.

Unless the uplay shop section starts working and they start selling dlcs there!(fingers crossed)
Edit: If it does, hopefully they will reconsider making the dlc for Prince of Persia 2008 available to us through there

catkiller97
09-26-2011, 06:45 AM
No delay Read (http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2011/09/21/no-pc-delay-for-assassins-creed-revelations-says-ubisoft-uk/) this.

ARustyFirePlace
09-26-2011, 10:49 AM
wait 3 months and get it for five pound, it will be another broken port anyway.

Jexx21
09-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by ARustyFirePlace:
wait 3 months and get it for five pound, it will be another broken port anyway.

Nice try, but AC1 AC2 and ACB aren't even going for that amount yet. And they've been out for a while.

And I've played all 3 games on the PC, not broken at all. Very very good games honestly.

GameFreak65
09-27-2011, 08:45 AM
aaaaaaa if ACR dosent come to pc with the other platforms i will kill Alex Amancio with my hidden blade (i know he is not responsible for this but i will do it anyway) SO PREPARE TO DIE http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

ProletariatPleb
09-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by GameFreak65:
aaaaaaa if ACR dosent come to pc with the other platforms i will kill Alex Amancio with my hidden blade (i know he is not responsible for this but i will do it anyway) SO PREPARE TO DIE http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Lol, I feel you man, mutual feelings(altho I have to say Alex is awesome, his changes, esp. to narrative will we worth seeing)

ARustyFirePlace
09-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ARustyFirePlace:
wait 3 months and get it for five pound, it will be another broken port anyway.

Nice try, but AC1 AC2 and ACB aren't even going for that amount yet. And they've been out for a while.

And I've played all 3 games on the PC, not broken at all. Very very good games honestly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003L0OVO2/ref=nosim/bestbook-21?dev-t=D10SBASHC4I9Q1&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&SubscriptionId=1BW5SQWXHT1FXDBZGW02&tag=bestbook-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B003L0OVO2

and they're all **** ports

Jexx21
09-27-2011, 01:59 PM
That's on sale, which doesn't exactly count. And I know that opinions don't count.

sassinscreed
09-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by woodexx:
There is no delay PC version is coming on 15. November too

http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/...ons-says-ubisoft-uk/ (http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2011/09/21/no-pc-delay-for-assassins-creed-revelations-says-ubisoft-uk/)

it is delayed for 2nd december: http://www.eurogamer.net/artic...-revelations-delayed (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-29-pc-assassins-creed-revelations-delayed)

Dizlol
09-29-2011, 04:56 PM
Eurogamer didn't get contact yet from Ubi, but Ubi did confirm with Kotaku.. Also they didn't say when in December the release is set now.

http://kotaku.com/5845232/assa...d-to-december-for-pc (http://kotaku.com/5845232/assassins-creed-revelations-delayed-to-december-for-pc)

Still gonna pre-order the Animus edition, since it is just a 1 month delay.

Let's hope they don't decide to delay it even further.

Murcuseo
09-29-2011, 05:11 PM
If any of you think this is the end of it, don't be fooled so easily.

It's just the beginning. Ubisoft will ease it in gently then tear you a new one not too long before the release. Metaphorically speaking.

Expect a late February or Early March release on PC.

If it's earlier than that, that's great, otherwise, Ubisoft can shut the hell up with December delays. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

ecma4
09-29-2011, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Ignore it if you want..

But the official word is it's the 15th of November for all formats. - the 'as of right now' - was added by the writer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The official statement given to that site is as follows:

'“The official UK release date for PC and Console versions of Assassin’s Creed Revelations is still 15th November 2011.”'

Sigh. Why can't Ubisoft treat PC gamers equally? Every game is the same, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, From Dust, etc. We're always second class to console gamers. Its getting really tiresome.

derfy2
09-30-2011, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:

Expect a late February or Early March release on PC.



Yep, wouldn't surprise me in the least. PC players know how much Ubi *loves* us.

EscoBlades
09-30-2011, 12:44 AM
Consoles are homogeneous products, and thus, easier to develop games for. Almost every PC (and/or Mac) is different in some way, and devs have to ensure their games work on the majority of configurations.

While that isn't a defence of different release dates on pc, it is one explanation. To single out one dev or publisher as hating pc gamers is folly, especially as the trend is one replicated through most of the industry.

I liken it to different release dates between Europe, Australia and the US with most games. In this day and age, it shouldn't happen, but it does. Doesn't mean devs and publishers "hate" EU gamers now does it? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Edited for spelling

evilm4tt
09-30-2011, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
Consoles are homogeneous products, and thus, easier to develop games for. Almost every PC (and/or Mac) is different in some way, and devs have to ensure their games work on the majority of configurations.

While that isn't a defence of different release dates on pc, it is one explanation. To single out one dev or publisher as hating pc gamers is folly, especially as the trend is one replicated through most of the industry.

Which would be fine if they did spend the time to "ensure their games work on the majority of configurations" but what's actually happened from Ubisoft recently is a lazy, unoptimised, least-effort console-port abomination with insulting DRM attached gets released instead.

LCGuardian
09-30-2011, 04:54 AM
The silence from our forum managers and community developers is painful. At least confirm that the delay has happened, so we can start the battle to get the new PC release date (again).

Shade and/or kleaneasy, I'm looking at you.

EscoBlades
09-30-2011, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by LCGuardian:
The silence from our forum managers and community developers is painful. At least confirm that the delay has happened, so we can start the battle to get the new PC release date (again).

Shade and/or kleaneasy, I'm looking at you.

Assuming the delay is confirmed, they can only relay that information to the forums when they ARE CLEARED to do so. There are rules, i'm sure you know that. So give them a break please.

LCGuardian
09-30-2011, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LCGuardian:
The silence from our forum managers and community developers is painful. At least confirm that the delay has happened, so we can start the battle to get the new PC release date (again).

Shade and/or kleaneasy, I'm looking at you.

Assuming the delay is confirmed, they can only relay that information to the forums when they ARE CLEARED to do so. There are rules, i'm sure you know that. So give them a break please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I accept that as a moderator on other forums you've got a insight into the role of forum managers which is probably superior to mine. But frankly this release date issue has been bubbling away for a week now. It's not a new issue (especially with the history of past AC delays on PC).

The fact that the forum managers and/or their superiors haven't frontended the issue by addressing it on this forum before or at the same time as we get the information through third party sources is simply inadequate communication. And I'm not saying that they need to provide a definitive answer. But to stay completely silent is not appropriate.

If there are rules that dictate the current silence, then they are simply wrong. And any community communications decisions are probably the prerogative of Ubisoft's marketing arm rather than the forum managers. In that case, any criticism is more properly directed at Ubisoft's decisionmakers rather than the forum managers. But the forum managers need to be interacting with the community at the moment, even if only to say that they are working to confirm that there is a delay, and possible new release windows.

Edit: Just to preempt any criticism, this is my opinion only. I don't presume to speak on behalf of anyone else on this forum.

restomaniac
09-30-2011, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
If any of you think this is the end of it, don't be fooled so easily.

It's just the beginning. Ubisoft will ease it in gently then tear you a new one not too long before the release. Metaphorically speaking.

Expect a late February or Early March release on PC.

If it's earlier than that, that's great, otherwise, Ubisoft can shut the hell up with December delays. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif And that is the worst thing.
Ubi have previous over this and they STILL wont admit they haven't got a scooby.
I starting to think it is less deliberate and more utter incompetence.

Dizlol
09-30-2011, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
Consoles are homogeneous products, and thus, easier to develop games for. Almost every PC (and/or Mac) is different in some way, and devs have to ensure their games work on the majority of configurations.

While that isn't a defence of different release dates on pc, it is one explanation. To single out one dev or publisher as hating pc gamers is folly, especially as the trend is one replicated through most of the industry.

I liken it to different release dates between Europe, Australia and the US with most games. In this day and age, it shouldn't happen, but it does. Doesn't mean devs and publishers "hate" EU gamers now does it? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Edited for spelling

Sure, i would agree with a delay if it is really for optimizing it to lots of configurations, but with the past 2 games this wasn't the case... lot's of people with rigs well above min reqs couldn't run this game well, because of the not so good optimization...

I really hope this is the case with ACR since they now have a bigger team, if they blow it this time again i will never buy an Ubisoft product again, even though i love AC so much.

stevie-jay
09-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by JerfyNL:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:
Consoles are homogeneous products, and thus, easier to develop games for. Almost every PC (and/or Mac) is different in some way, and devs have to ensure their games work on the majority of configurations.

While that isn't a defence of different release dates on pc, it is one explanation. To single out one dev or publisher as hating pc gamers is folly, especially as the trend is one replicated through most of the industry.

I liken it to different release dates between Europe, Australia and the US with most games. In this day and age, it shouldn't happen, but it does. Doesn't mean devs and publishers "hate" EU gamers now does it? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Edited for spelling

Sure, i would agree with a delay if it is really for optimizing it to lots of configurations, but with the past 2 games this wasn't the case... lot's of people with rigs well above min reqs couldn't run this game well, because of the not so good optimization...

I really hope this is the case with ACR since they now have a bigger team, if they blow it this time again i will never buy an Ubisoft product again, even though i love AC so much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Deep down, you know what's going to happen... you're just not ready to admit it... yet. ;P

Bombong
10-01-2011, 02:04 AM
I think by now we all know ACR won't be released for PC this year but somewhere in march next year, at best. I may be 'all doom and gloom' as some forum-managers will probably say, but I will believe the next rumour on some obscure Bulgarian website better than any 'official' notes by Ubisoft.