PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Accuracy

Tator_Totts
04-07-2007, 04:32 PM
I would like to get my shooting skills up a couple of notches. What would be the best way or utility to see my shooting accuracy offline? I would like to practice offline for different aproaches setup and convergance.

Thanks

Tator_Totts
04-07-2007, 04:32 PM
I would like to get my shooting skills up a couple of notches. What would be the best way or utility to see my shooting accuracy offline? I would like to practice offline for different aproaches setup and convergance.

Thanks

Hanglands
04-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Hi,

When you exit a mission, chose the 'save track' option. When you play the track back you can watch your shooting from the external view of the aircraft you are shooting at. Thereby you can assess your accuracy and deflection.

Or you can view your tracers from your external view to see where your shot falls.

Im sure others will be along soon to tell you all about convergence.

Im far to drunk for that now.

Tator_Totts
04-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Thanks Hanglands and have a drink for me. Looking for more of a stat thing.

rnzoli
04-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Create practice mission for yourself in FMB, save it as a COOP mission, change conf.ini to save evenlog (eventlog=eventlog.lst), start IL, multiplayer, create server, cooperative, load you practice misison, finish mission, close server, look at evenlog.lst and there, at the end of event log, you will see your gunstat accuracy number of bullets hitting your target vs. all your fired bullets.

Tator_Totts
04-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Thanks rnzoli. I knew about online. Needed help offline. Just make a coop and run from there.

Salute

JSG72
04-07-2007, 05:45 PM
You could, just set up a QMB.

yourself in one plane with any number of adversaries empty.(They can't shoot back.)

Give yourself Unlimited ammo.

Just fly around either chasing or cutting them off. For a deflection shot.

Try varying amounts of lead. (You will probably find that to shoot down a plane with deflection shooting. Your target may not even be within your windshield as opposed to your sights.

Anticapation of his and your ammos flight path. Are what counts.

Try out at various AOA. at varying speeds and you will surely get there.

MMMmmm.....Need to try this out myself http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Cheers! and Happy Hunting.

tigertalon
04-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Changing "arcade=0" to "arcade=1" in config.ini file will show you nice little arrow in offline game for every bullet or splinter that hits a plane, like here:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s307/TigerTalon/H8K_hits.jpg

Bearcat99
04-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Hit the Essentials link and get Snipers Corner and go to the Essential Reading section of the same link (which is fixed now.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif )and get that RAF gunnery guide.

SirPapps
04-07-2007, 08:50 PM
WOW i have to try that xD

i recently got my arse kicked by a tempest with psychic cannon shells. he was about ... 200m behind me so i pull up, roll 90 degrees to strbrd and pull up, cut throttle and drop flaps to take off. somehow, the guy rips me out of the sky.. i've used that maneuver over and over again against spits and other tempests and it worked 100% .. until this day.. then he started flying an F4U-1C and continued to detroy me before i could even make a move. accuracy was amazing ><

karost
04-07-2007, 10:18 PM
this a very good material

take GvSAP_Dart 's video shooting training here:
http://www.darts-page.com/movies/Range_and_Convergence.zip

but if you like to fly a german's plane deflection shooting skill is require.

S!

general_kalle
04-08-2007, 02:16 AM
its very rare that people put too much deflektion(at least for me) so if you arent hitting give it some more.

when i attack a fighter from above diving down on his six and i try to shoot before i get behind him so that i can get a deflektion shot at his cockpit or engine.
im never hitting. too little deflektion. it requires alot when you try to do that.

same thing goes for diving down on a planes 12.
usually with bombers. you aim infront of the plane. shoot and the bullets goes behind it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

but the fast motion in the air makes that whats (on the ground) fast moving bullets is suddenly not that fast.

major_setback
04-08-2007, 02:28 AM
As Bearcat mentioned, the RAF Gunnery Guide shows just how much lead you need when shooting (a lot more than you would imagine).

Rough advice: Aim very well ahead of your target and let the shots creep back until you see the strikes.

hshmulik
04-08-2007, 03:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirPapps:
WOW i have to try that xD

i recently got my arse kicked by a tempest with psychic cannon shells. he was about ... 200m behind me so i pull up, roll 90 degrees to strbrd and pull up, cut throttle and drop flaps to take off. somehow, the guy rips me out of the sky.. i've used that maneuver over and over again against spits and other tempests and it worked 100% .. until this day.. then he started flying an F4U-1C and continued to detroy me before i could even make a move. accuracy was amazing &gt;&lt; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any chance he was flying with cockpit off?
In that case he could always see you and you can't maneuver out of plane for him - he also has arrows pointing exactly where you are.

I once went to a server that has cockpit off enabled without knowing, and no matter what I did to avoid being hit they always kept hitting me with absolute accuracy, until someone from my squad mentioned what was happening - they don't have the instrument panel to obscure their vision.