PDA

View Full Version : The Evil Entity in SH3...

dasgespenst
06-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Oh yes, my fellow seamen, 'tis true, I swear; there is an Evil entity somewhere in this game.

Some time ago, someone started a discussion entitled "This game gives me the creeps". Nice reading, you should take a look. A good number of well described thrills it had - most of it had to do with the eerie feeling of sailing on top of The Great Abyss...

Well, here's a new dimension to it. Eight weeks ago I got my hands on a copy of an airline flight simulator. So I decided to have a go around the world in a classic 747. Having landed on the Azores in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean on my way to Timbuctoo, the sea - that old, grey lady - drew me near her again, and I returned to my career as commanding officer of U-46, january 1942.

The game knows I've neglected it !!!

Three long evenings, and not a thing on the surface except my boat. Nothing. Completely calm weather, the surface of the sea flat and inert like a runway, not a sound, not a sight.

So with 25 % fuel left I decide to return to base and take out anything - anything at all - that might come my way as i go - and perhaps score just a point or two. And there it is - a plane. One single plane on the rim of its patrol range.

Hungry for action as I am, I go and man the flak gun to send him down. I'm pretty good with the flak gun, better than my crew, so I roast him out of the still remarkably clear sky.

Too bad I focused so much on him that I didn't notice his three little amigos. Especially since one of them dropped his whole line of bombs straight along my boat from stern to bow.

Exit U-46...

And now the evil entity has me where it wants me; in the dark, cold and deep abyss which lurks beneath, hungry for souls, waiting...

dasgespenst
06-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Oh yes, my fellow seamen, 'tis true, I swear; there is an Evil entity somewhere in this game.

Some time ago, someone started a discussion entitled "This game gives me the creeps". Nice reading, you should take a look. A good number of well described thrills it had - most of it had to do with the eerie feeling of sailing on top of The Great Abyss...

Well, here's a new dimension to it. Eight weeks ago I got my hands on a copy of an airline flight simulator. So I decided to have a go around the world in a classic 747. Having landed on the Azores in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean on my way to Timbuctoo, the sea - that old, grey lady - drew me near her again, and I returned to my career as commanding officer of U-46, january 1942.

The game knows I've neglected it !!!

Three long evenings, and not a thing on the surface except my boat. Nothing. Completely calm weather, the surface of the sea flat and inert like a runway, not a sound, not a sight.

So with 25 % fuel left I decide to return to base and take out anything - anything at all - that might come my way as i go - and perhaps score just a point or two. And there it is - a plane. One single plane on the rim of its patrol range.

Hungry for action as I am, I go and man the flak gun to send him down. I'm pretty good with the flak gun, better than my crew, so I roast him out of the still remarkably clear sky.

Too bad I focused so much on him that I didn't notice his three little amigos. Especially since one of them dropped his whole line of bombs straight along my boat from stern to bow.

Exit U-46...

And now the evil entity has me where it wants me; in the dark, cold and deep abyss which lurks beneath, hungry for souls, waiting...